Subject: [Mip4] Keynote speakers at BroadNets 2004: Vinton Cerf and Dr. Lawrence G. Roberts

From: Tim Ozugur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 11:40:18 -0500

(Apologies if you are receiving this message more than once)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                     CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

                          BroadNets 2004
        First International Conference on Broadband Networking

       Technically Co-Sponsored by IEEE Communications Society
                 In-Cooperation with ACM SIGMOBILE

                           Co-sponsored by:

                           CreateNet, Inc.
                                 ICST

         National Science Foundation (Student Travel Awards)
      Philips, Inc. (Bronze Level Sponsor; Student Best Paper Awards)

                     Hilton San Jose and Towers
                     San Jose, California, USA
                       October 25 - 29, 2004
                   
                      http://www.broadnets.org

            Early Registration Deadline: Sept. 30, 2004
         Discounted Hotel Reservation Deadline: Oct. 4, 2004
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

BroadNets 2004 is a new conference focusing on broadband networking
and covers the entire gamut of next generation networks with 
ultra-high bandwidth available all the way from access networks 
(xDSL, Cable, EPON, Broadband Wireless, multi-Gigabit uplinks), 
to regional and metropolitan networks to wide-area core networks.

Keynote speakers include:

* Vinton Cerf, Senior Vice President of Technology Strategy for MCI

* Dr. Lawrence G. Roberts, CEO of Anagran and Founder and Vice
  Chairman of Caspian Networks

The conference will consist of two symposia, panels, six tutorials and
seven workshops:

* Broadband Optical Symposium includes 32 papers covering topics such
  as optical burst and packet switching, IP over optical networks,
  survivability, routing and wavelength assignment, traffic and
  wavelength grooming, switching and routing, and optical network
  design and resource allocation.

* Broadband Wireless Symposium includes 38 papers covering topics such
  as 802.11 networks, UWB and 802.15 based networks, performance
  analysis, wireless multimedia, resource management, multimedia
  transport, contention and media access, routing in ad hoc networks,
  and sensor networks.

* TUTORIALS (on Oct 25 and Oct 29):

  - Broadband Metro and Access Networks (Full-day), Dr. Raj Jain
  - Optical Mesh Survivability (Half-day), Dr. Suresh Subramaniam
    and Dr. Srinivasan Ramasubramanian
  - Advancements in Metro Optical Network Architecture and Technologies
    (Half-day) Dr. Loukas Paraschis
  - Wireless Broadband: Services, Networks, and Management (Full-day),
    Dr. Mani Subramanian
  - Multimedia Transmission over Spectrum Agile Radio Wireless Networks
    (Half-day) Dr. Mihaela van der Schaar
  - A Practical Perspective on the Role of Optical Layer Protection
    (Half-day) Dr. Ori Gerstel

WORKSHOPS co-located with BroadNets 2004:

  - Broadband Wireless Multimedia  (BroadWim)
  - Broadband Advanced Sensor Networks  (BaseNets)
  - Broadband Wireless Services and Applications (BroadWise)
  - Networks for Grid Applications (GridNets)
  - Optical Burst Switching  (OBS)
  - Provisioning and Transport for Hybrid Networks (PathNets)
  - Traffic Grooming 

  Workshops will be held on Monday, October 25 and Friday, October 29.

For the advance program of BroadNets 2004, as well as registration and
travel information, please visit: http://www.broadnets.org.

CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
-------------------------------

BroadNets Conference General Chair: 
  
 Dr. Raj Jain, Nayna Networks/Ohio State University, [email-masked]

_________________________________
Broadband Optical Networking Symposium Co-Chairs:

 Dr. Ori Gerstel, Cisco Systems, [email-masked]
 Dr. Jason Jue, University of Texas at Dallas, [email-masked]

Technical Program Co-Chairs:

 Dr. Galen Sasaki, University of Hawaii, [email-masked]
 Dr. Suresh Subramaniam, George Washington University, [email-masked]

__________________________________

Broadband Wireless Networking Symposium Chair: 

  Dr. Zhensheng Zhang, San Diego Research Center, [email-masked] 

Technical Program Co-Chairs: 

  Dr. Parameswaran Ramanathan, University of Wisconsin-Madison,
  [email-masked] 
  Dr. Thomas Hou,   Virginia Tech, [email-masked] 

_____________________________

Panels Co-Chairs:

 Dr. Byrav Ramamurthy, University of Nebraska - Lincoln,
[email-masked]
 Dr. Loukas Paraschis, Cisco Systems, [email-masked]
 Dr. Mohammed Atiquzzaman, University of Oklahoma, [email-masked]

Tutorials Co-Chairs:

 Dr. Hakki Candan Cankaya, Alcatel USA, [email-masked]
 Dr. Surendar Chandra, Univ of Notre Dame, [email-masked]

Workshops Chair:

 Dr. Nasir Ghani, Tennessee Tech University, [email-masked]
 Dr. Rajeev Shorey, National University of Singapore and IBM Research
India,
                [email-masked]

Exhibits and Sponsorships Chairs:

 Dr. Samrat Ganguly, NEC Labs, [email-masked]
 Dr. Javier Aracil, Universidad Publica de Navarra, Spain, 
                [email-masked] 
  
Publicity Co-Chairs: 

 Dr. Tim Ozugur, Alcatel USA,  [email-masked]
 Dr. Gaoxi Xiao, Nanyang Technological Univ. Singapore,
		[email-masked]
 Dr. Marcos Rogerio Salvador, CPqD Telecom & IT Solutions,
		[email-masked]

Local Arrangements Chair:

 Dr. Subhankar Dhar, San Jose State University, [email-masked]
 Sukesh Pai, Microsoft Corp. [email-masked]

Steering Committee  Co-Chairs:

 Dr. Imrich Chlamtac, UT Dallas, [email-masked]
 Dr. Krishna Sivalingam, University of Maryland, Baltimore County,
                [email-masked] 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/