Subject: [Mip4] Query -- RFC 3344

From: Archana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 22:23:03 +0530

Hi 

RFC 3344 mentions that in a Registration Request both the 'M' and 'G' bits
can be set by the requesting Mobile Node 

Section 3.6.1.2
"The mobile node MAY request alternative forms of encapsulation by   setting
the 'M' bit and/or the 'G' bit "

We have the following queries regarding this case:

During Registration:
1. Does the Mobility Agent accept such a registration and maintain the
information in the binding entry / visitor entry as the case maybe ?

During Forwarding:
1. If the agent gets a IP in IP packet though the registration indicates a
Minimal IP/GRE , should the packet be processed by the Mobility agent

2.If the home agent receives a packet from the CN and the mobile node has
registered with both Minimal IP and GRE , what type of encapsulation should
be used to encapsulate the packet to be forwarded to the FA/MN.

Thanks in advance
Archana

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/