Subject: [Mip4] Paper relevent to FMIPv4 Draft

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:19:20 -0800

I had a request at IETF 61 to post a link to this paper.

Wireless Networking allows electronic posting of papers currently in process
to be published. The following URL:

http://www.geocities.com/kempf42/fmipv4-wireless-networking-revised-posted.pdf

describes the work with the Low Latency draft algorithms (not FMIPv4 as the
filename would suggest) and a few other handover algorithms that utilize
link triggers. The paper describes extensive measurements of the Prereg and
Postreg algorithms implemented on a wireless emulator, a cdma2K prototype
system, and 802.11, in addition to optimized standard Mobile IP and an
algorithm we came up with called Post-MIT which is roughly similar to the
FMIPv4 algorithm described in Charlie and Rajeev's draft.

            jak

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:20:36 +0100

Thanks for this, James.

As the original URL has data transfer limitations which may prevent
people from accessing the document too often, I've gotten OK on
placing it on the mip4.org site - you can try the url

  http://mip4.org/papers/fmipv4-wireless-networking-revised-posted.pdf

if the one below doesn't give you access.

	Henrik