Subject: [Mip4] Mobiquitous 2005 Call for Papers

From: "Andreas Savvides" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:28:55 -0500

We apologize if you receive this email message several times.

Regards,
Andreas Savvides

**************************************
MobiQuitous 2005 CALL FOR PAPERS
The Second Annual International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous
Systems: Networking and Services http://www.mobiquitous.org
July 15-17 2005, San Diego, California
(ACM and IEEE Sponsorship Pending)

The combination of mobile and ubiquitous computing is emerging as a
promising new paradigm with the goal to provide computing and
communication services all the time, everywhere, transparently and
invisibly to the user, using devices embedded in the surrounding physical
environment. In this context, the communication devices, the objects with
which they interact, or both may be mobile. The implementation of such a
paradigm requires advances in wireless network technologies and devices,
development of infrastructures supporting cognitive environments, and
discovery and identification of ubiquitous computing applications and
services. The second Annual International Conference on Mobile and
Ubiquitous Systems: networking and services (Mobiquitous-05) will cover
all these aspects, representing a forum where practitioners and
researchers coming from the many areas involved in ubiquitous solutions
design and deployment will be able to interact exchanging the cross-layer
experiences needed to build the overall ubiquitous systems. Areas
addressed by the conference include: applications, service-oriented
computing, middleware, networking, agents, knowledge management and
databases.

PAPERS: Technical papers describing original, previously unpublished
research, not currently under review by another conference or journal, are
solicited. The conference is interested in contributions addressing all
the areas associated with mobile and ubiquitous architectures,
infrastructure and services. Technical works clearly identifying how the
specific contributions fit to an overall working solution are particularly
of interest. Topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Ubiquitous architectures and systems
* Wearable computing and personal area  network
* Wireless technologies for mobile and ubiquitous (Bluetooth, ZigBee,
802.15.x, WiFi)
* Incentive-based deployment of ad hoc networks
* Reconfigurability and personalization of wireless network
* Service discovery mechanisms, knowledge discovery, matching and
composition mechanisms
* Wireless/mobile service management and delivery
* Security, privacy and social issues of mobile and ubiquitous systems
* Peer-to-peer knowledge management
* Emerging industrial/business scenarios
* Multimodal interfaces (speech, video kinetic, tactile)
* Smart spaces
* Ad hoc and sensor networking
* Localization and tracking
* Context and location aware application
* Multimedia encoding and transcoding
* Middleware services
* Agent technologies in ubiquitous, wearable, and    mobile systems
* Hardware and software platforms for ubiquitous systems, and testbeds
* User interfaces
* Toolkits, development environments, and languages for ubiquitous
computing
* Ontologies for mobile and ubiquitous computing

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:  All paper submissions will be handled
electronically (see the conference web page for details). Authors should
prepare a Portable Document Format (PDF) or postscript version of their
full paper.  Papers must not exceed 8 pages double column (US Letter size,
8.5 x 11 inches) including text, figures and references. The font size
must be at least 10 points. The deadline for registering the title and the
abstract of the paper with our electronic submission system is February 2,
2005. The deadline for submitting the actual paper is February 9, 2005.
All deadlines are 11:59PM PST.

PUBLICATION: All submitted papers will be rigorously reviewed by technical
program committee members. Accepted papers will be published in the
conference proceedings.  Papers of particular merit will be proposed for
publication in a ACM/Kluwer MONET special issue.

WORKSHOPS: Proposals for one-day workshops to be held in conjunction with
the conference are solicited.  A maximum of 2 pages should be submitted
which include the workshop name, its scope and a list of topic of
interests.  Proposals should be submitted to both the Workshop co-Chairs
by December 17 2004.

DEMOS:  Proposals for research and industrial demos are solicited.  A
maximum of 2 pages should be submitted which include a description of the
demo and needed resources from the conference organizers. Proposals should
be submitted to Dr. Ramiro Liscano (Demo Chair) [email-masked] by May
29th, 2005.

IMPORTANT DATES:
Paper registration deadline:  February 2, 2005
Full paper submission deadline:  February 9, 2005
Notification of acceptance:  April 29, 2005
Camera-ready version due:  May 15, 2005

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

General Chair: Ramesh Rao (UCSD)
General Vice Co-Chairs: Krishna Sivalingham (University of Maryland
Baltimore County), Chiara Petrioli (Universit di Roma La Sapienza)
Program Co-Chairs:Suresh Singh (Portland State University), Philippe
Bonnet (University of Copenhagen)
Steering Committee Chair: Imrich Chlamtac (Create Net)
Publicity Chair: Andreas Savvides (Yale University)
Workshop Chairs: Stefano Basagni (Northeastern University),Prithwish Basu
(BBN Technologies)
Demo Chair: Ramiro Liscano (University of Ottawa)
Publication Chair: Antonis Kalis (Athens Information Technology)

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/