Subject: [Mip4] MobiQuitous 2005 Call for Papers

From: "Andreas Sawides" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 15:46:42 -0500

Dear Colleague,

Enclosed below please find a Preliminary Announcement and Call for Papers
for the Second Annual International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous
Systems: Networking and Services, to be held in San Diego, California from
July 17-21, 2005.

For complete information about the upcoming conference, please visit:
http://www.mobiquitous.org/

A printer friendly version of this CFP is available at:

http://www.mobiquitous.org/MQ2005-CFP.pdf  (PDF)

We apologize if you received multiple copies of this Call for Papers.
Please feel free to distribute it to those who might be interested.

Best regards,

Mobiquitous 2005 Organizing Committee

***********************************************************************

MobiQuitous 2005
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Second Annual International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous
Systems: Networking and Services

http://www.mobiquitous.org

July 17-21, 2005, San Diego, California

PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE: February 2, 2005

Sponsored by:

CreateNet (www.create-net.it) and ICST

Technically Co-Sponsored by IEEE Computer Society (Pending)
Technically Co-Sponsored by IEEE Communications Society (Pending)
In Cooperation with ACM SIGMOBILE (Pending)
Technically Co-Sponsored by AAAI (Pending)

Proceedings to be published by IEEE Computer Society Press and to be made
available on IEEE Explore

****************************************

The combination of mobile and ubiquitous computing is emerging as a
promising new paradigm with the goal to provide computing and
communication services all the time, everywhere, transparently and
invisibly to the user, using devices embedded in the surrounding physical
environment. In this context, the communication devices, the objects with
which they interact, or both may be mobile. The implementation of such a
paradigm requires advances in wireless network technologies and devices,
development of infrastructures supporting cognitive environments, and
discovery and identification of ubiquitous computing applications and
services.

The second Annual International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous
Systems: networking and services (Mobiquitous-05) will cover all these
aspects, representing a forum where practitioners and researchers coming
from the many areas involved in ubiquitous solutions design and deployment
will be able to interact exchanging the cross-layer experiences needed to
build the overall ubiquitous systems. Areas addressed by the conference
include: applications, service-oriented computing, middleware, networking,
agents, knowledge management and databases.

PAPERS: Technical papers describing original, previously unpublished
research, not currently under review by another conference or journal, are
solicited. The conference is interested in contributions addressing all
the areas associated with mobile and ubiquitous architectures,
infrastructure and services. Technical works clearly identifying how the
specific contributions fit to an overall working solution are particularly
of interest. Topics include, but are not limited to, the following:

* Ubiquitous architectures and systems
* Wearable computing and personal area network
* Wireless technologies for mobile and ubiquitous (Bluetooth, ZigBee,
802.15.x, WiFi)
* Incentive-based deployment of ad hoc networks
* Reconfigurability and personalization of wireless network
* Service discovery mechanisms, knowledge discovery, matching and
composition mechanisms
* Wireless/mobile service management and delivery
* Security, privacy and social issues of mobile and ubiquitous systems
* Peer-to-peer knowledge management
* Emerging industrial/business scenarios
* Multimodal interfaces (speech, video kinetic, tactile)
* Smart spaces
* Ad hoc and sensor networking
* Localization and tracking
* Context and location aware application
* Multimedia encoding and transcoding
* Middleware services
* Agent technologies in ubiquitous, wearable, andmobile systems
* Hardware and software platforms for ubiquitous systems, and testbeds
* User interfaces
* Toolkits, development environments, and languages for ubiquitous
computing
* Ontologies for mobile and ubiquitous computing

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:  All paper submissions will be handled
electronically (see the conference web page for details). Authors should
prepare a Portable Document Format (PDF) or postscript version of their
full paper.  Papers must not exceed 8 pages double column (US Letter size,
8.5 x 11 inches) including text, figures and references. The font size
must be at least 10 points. The deadline for registering the title and the
abstract of the paper with our electronic submission system is February 2,
2005. The deadline for submitting the actual paper is February 9, 2005.
All deadlines are 11:59PM PST.

PUBLICATION: All submitted papers will be rigorously reviewed by technical
program committee members. Accepted papers will be published in the
conference proceedings.  Papers of particular merit will be proposed for
publication in a ACM/Kluwer MONET special issue.

WORKSHOPS: Proposals for one-day workshops to be held in conjunction with
the conference are solicited.  A maximum of 2 pages should be submitted
which include the workshop name, its scope and a list of topic of
interests.  Proposals should be submitted to both the Workshop co-Chairs
by December 17 2004.

DEMOS: Proposals for research and industrial demos are solicited.  A
maximum of 2 pages should be submitted which include a description of the
demo and needed resources from the conference organizers. Proposals should
be submitted to Dr. Ramiro Liscano (Demo Chair) [email-masked] by May
29th, 2005.

IMPORTANT DATES:
Paper registration deadline:  February 2, 2005
Full paper submission deadline:      February 9, 2005
Notification of acceptance:  April 29, 2005
Camera-ready version due:  May 15, 2005

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

General Chair:
Ramesh Rao (Univ. of California, San Diego)

General Co-Vice-Chairs:
Chiara Petrioli (Universit di Roma La Sapienza)
Krishna Sivalingam (University of Maryland, Baltimore County)

Technical Program Co-Chairs:

Networking:
Suresh Singh (Portland State University)
Philippe Bonnet (University of Copenhagen)

Services/Knowledge Management:
Anupam Joshi (University of Maryland, Baltimore County)
Ryusuke Masuoka (Fujitsu Labs of America)

Publicity Co-Chairs:
Andreas Savvides (Yale University) and
Mohamed Younis (University of Maryland, Baltimore County)

Panels Chairs: TBA

Workshop Chairs:
Stefano Basagni (Northeastern University)
Prithwish Basu  (BBN Technologies)

Demos Chair:
Ramiro Liscano (University of Ottawa)

Publications Chair:
Antonis Kalis (Athens Information Technology)

Local Arrangements Chair: Kang Wang, Qualcomm Inc.

Finance Chair:
Karen Decker (ICST Texas,USA)

Accommodations Chair:
Kathy Kunz (ICST California,USA)

Registration Chair: Vishal Anand, SUNY College at Brockport

Steering Committee: Imrich Chlamtac (CreateNet, Inc.), Chair
Michele Zorzi (Universita di Padova)

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/