Subject: [Mip4] MIP4 if the Homenetwork(interface) is down .

From: keshav <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:39:23 +0530

Hi,

            For the Home interface network down scenario I am not able find
in the RFC 3344, 

1)   Should the Registration be accepted for that Mobile Node?

2)       For already registered Mobile node should we clear the binding
entries?

Can some one please clarify this.

Regards,

Keshava

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/

---

From: Kent Leung <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:59:47 -0800

Hi Keshava.

At 10:39 AM 1/20/2005 +0530, keshav wrote:

>Hi,
>
>             For the Home interface network down scenario I am not able 
> find in the RFC 3344,
>
>

That's because it's not explicitly specified in the RFC. :)

>1)   Should the Registration be accepted for that Mobile Node?

If the home interface is down, then routing is affected and traffic to
MN can't reach the HA.  The mobility service for the MN is disabled
regardless if the MN is registered or not. I think it's better to deny
the registration to notify the MN that service is not available on the
HA.

>2)       For already registered Mobile node should we clear the binding 

I think this is implementation details.

Kent

--
      |           |                   Kent Leung
     :|:         :|:                  IP Mobility Development
    :|||:       :|||:                 IOS Technologies Division
   :|||||||:   :|||||||:              Voice: 408.526.5030
.:|||||||||:.:|||||||||:.             Fax:   408.525.1653
  c i s c o S y s t e m s             Email: [email-masked]