Subject: [Mip4] MIP4 : Accept De-Reg with out MB entry

From: keshav <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:41:13 +0530

Hi,

        HA should   be allowed to accept the De-Registration request and
send the De-Reg Reply  

        with out having the Binding Entry for that     Mobile node?

        Scenario:

 When MN returns to home network, by that time MB entry was expired and
deleted in HA.

Thanks & regards,

Keshava

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/

---

From: Kent Leung <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:36:30 -0800

Hi Keshava.

There's nowhere in RFC 3344 that prohibits HA from sending Deregistration 
Reply.
As you pointed out, there are scenarions where MN should be acknowledged that
it is no longer registered (by the absence of the mobility binding state) .

Kent

--
      |           |                   Kent Leung
     :|:         :|:                  IP Mobility Development
    :|||:       :|||:                 IOS Technologies Division
   :|||||||:   :|||||||:              Voice: 408.526.5030
.:|||||||||:.:|||||||||:.             Fax:   408.525.1653
  c i s c o S y s t e m s             Email: [email-masked]