Subject: [Mip4] AD review of draft-ietf-mip4-dynamic-assignment-03.txt

From: Pete McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:52:21 -0600

Hello,

Thomas Narten has agreed to start IETF last call for
draft-ietf-mip4-dynamic-assignment-03.txt.  However, he did have one
substantive comment during his review that we should discuss on the
list.

Here is his review:

> 2004-10-11: review of 03 (WG says advance)
> 
> There are references in abstract
> 
> >    Legacy Foreign Agent: 
> >     
> >    Legacy foreign agents may forward a Registration Request with home 
> >    agent field set to ALL-ZERO-ONE-ADDR by setting the destination IP 
> >    address to ALL-ZERO-ONE-ADDR.   This will result packet being dropped 
> >    or incidentally handled by a next hop HA, adjacent to the FA.    
> 
> hmm. how does one distinguish network connectivity problems from "not
> implemented"? I.e, what recovery action does a MN take in this
> situation? 
> 
> If the answer to the last one is straightforward (i.e., this is
> covered elsewhere in the draft), I'll go ahead and start the LC.
> 
> Thomas

So the question is, do we need to add some text to the draft to cover
this backwards-compatibility question?  If so, what should it say?

-Pete

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/