Subject: [Mip4] Summary for MIP Open Issues

From: Denio Mariz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:02:28 -0300

Hello:

I'm trying to become updated with the evolutions, known problems and
solutions for MIv4 since RFC 3344 in Aug 2002. I intend to write a
summary with these questions and, despite I think that the best way to
carry this out is starting reading the current Internet-Drafts from
MIP4 Workgroup charter, I would like to know if anyone already did
something similar.

Or, maybe can anyone point any good paper or link with a overview or a
discussion.

TIA,

Denio Mariz

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:35:59 +0100

Denio Mariz wrote:
> summary with these questions and, despite I think that the best way
> to carry this out is starting reading the current Internet-Drafts
> from MIP4 Workgroup charter, I would like to know if anyone already
> did something similar.
> 
> Or, maybe can anyone point any good paper or link with a overview or
> a discussion.

Denio, do you attend the IETF meetings?  Do you know about IETF?

What you intend to do is usually done by the WG Chairs, usually for
every meeting i.e. about three times per year, here's an example:
http://www.mip4.org/ietf62/agenda.pyht (see section 2 "Document Status").

Of course, usually nobody would stop you from doing the same thing but
the immediate question that comes up is why would you do so?  For your
personal elightenment?  Or do you look for implementing bleeding edge
features?  Or do you write some analysis report?

Note I'm not a regular poster to this list and this is just a sidenote.
  For definitive info on this stuff please talk to Chairs of this WG.

Thanks,

Alex

---

From: Denio Mariz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:41:06 -0300

Hi Alex.
Thanks for your reply.

No. I don't attend the IETF meetings, because it is expensive to me (I
live at Brazil) :-)

I'm a teacher and last time I have taught on Mobile IP was soon after RFC 3344. 
Currently I'm going to teach again MIPv4 and I'm just looking for some
updates, because I know that some open issues present at that time
have already some solutions.

Thank you for your hint about WG meeting documents.

Best regards,

Denio.