Subject: [Mip4] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mobileip-lowlatency-handoffs-v4-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 10:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Low Latency Handoffs in Mobile IPv4
	Author(s)	: K. Malki
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mobileip-lowlatency-handoffs-v4-11.txt
	Pages		: 56
	Date		: 2005-10-4
	
Mobile IPv4 describes how a Mobile Node can perform IPv4-layer
   handoffs between subnets served by different Foreign Agents.  In
   certain cases, the latency involved in these handoffs can be above
   the threshold required for the support of delay-sensitive or real-
   time services.  The aim of this document is to present two methods to
   achieve low-latency Mobile IPv4 handoffs.  In addition, a combination
   of these two methods is described.  The described techniques allow
   greater support for real-time services on a Mobile IPv4 network by
   minimising the period of time when a Mobile Node is unable to send or
   receive IPv4 packets due to the delay in the Mobile IPv4 Registration
   process.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-lowlatency-handoffs-v4-11.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mobileip-lowlatency-handoffs-v4-11.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-lowlatency-handoffs-v4-11.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/