Subject: [Mip4] Does that still make sense to save MIPv4 Address Space?

From: zhen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 14:53:16 -0300

Hi, All,

Recently I found some idea about saving home address usage in MIPv4. 
Because each MN has to possess a public address, this is a huge 
consumption of IPv4 address space. Somebody told me it's no longer 
valid because people are soon using MIPv6 in wireless network. I'm not 
sure because in order to support IPv6, all hosts and routers must be 
updated. In my point of view, IPv4 will be still in use for quite a 
while. In wireless networking, such as 3G, within the network surely 
each terminal can use IPv6 address, but in order to communicate with 
IPv4 world, one IPv4 home address may still be necessary, so the waste 
of IPv4 address still exists.

looking forward to other opinions.

regards

Zhen

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/