Subject: [Mip4] Document Status Update

From: Pete McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 10:34:11 -0500

With the rechartering effort almost completed (the charter is on the
agenda for the October 13 IESG meeting), we thought it was a good time
to update everyone on the status of our documents.  This helps
everyone understand the work that remains to be done.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-lowlatency-handoffs-v4-11.txt
Just re-submitted by Karim, ready to go to RFC Editor

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3012bis-04.txt
Need to decide whether to fork off the Generalized Mobile IP
Authentication Extension as a separate draft.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-dynamic-assignment-05.txt
Waiting on Kent to update nits.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-faerr-02.txt
Still in IETF Last call.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-reg-tunnel-00.txt
Need to decide whether to include the appendix or not.

>From our new milestones:

Dec 05 	Revised MIB for MIPv4 to IESG
Review done, revision in progress.

Sep 05 	Revised MIPv4 specification to IESG for Draft Standard
Draft for 3344bis has expired.  Update needed based on latest consensus.

Dec 05 	Revised rfc2794bis (NAI extension specification) to the IESG
No draft yet.

Jan 06 	MIPv4 Mobike interaction BCP to the IESG
draft-devarapalli-mip4-mobike-connectivity-00.txt is relevant.

Feb 06 	Generic Strings for MIPv4 to the IESG
draft-sastry-mip4-string-extension-01.txt is relevant.

Mar 06 	RADIUS Extensions for MIPv4 to the RADEXT WG for comment
draft-nakhjiri-radius-mip4-01.txt is relevant.

Mar 06 	FMIPv4 to the IESG
draft-koodli-fmipv4-00.txt has expired.

Jun 06 	RADIUS Extensions for MIPv4 to the IESG
See above.

Aug 06 	MIPv4 Extension for Configuration Options to the IESG
draft-bharatia-mip4-gen-ext-00.txt is relevant.

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/

---

From: Pete McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 10:41:22 -0500

Note there will be a very short amount of time between the October
13th IESG meeting (IESG hopefully will approve our new charter) and
the October 17th -00 draft cut-off.  Authors of drafts relevant to the
new work items, please be ready to submit appropriate mip4-named
version -00 drafts in this window.

-Pete

---

From: Sami Vaarala <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 20:44:45 +0300

Hi,

What is the status of MIP/VPN interactions on the new charter,
specifically draft-ietf-mip4-vpn-problem-solution?  I thought
it was under review but I don't see it on the document list
below.

Best,

-Sami

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:58:39 -0700

> it was under review but I don't see it on the document list

IMO, it should be standardized ASAP. I think it is ready to go.
(Sami, I am still reviewing the document).

Vijay

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:16:26 +0200

Hi Sami,

> it was under review but I don't see it on the document list

It's part of work item 3 in the new charter, but I seem to have
lost it from the milestones :-( 

We'll just have to push it out fairly swiftly anyway ,:-)

(Looking forward to Vijay's review, now.)

Regards,

	Henrik