Subject: [Mip4] EmNets 2006 Call for Papers

From: "Thomas C. Henderson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:22:49 -0600

I am pleased to announce the Call for Papers for EmNets 2006
and hope you will consider participating!

	Thomas C. Henderson, Professor
	School of Computing, University of Utah

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Call for Papers

The Third IEEE Workshop on Embedded Networked Sensors (EmNets 2006)
May 30-31, 2006
Maxwell Dworkin Hall, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA

http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/emnets/

The Third Workshop on Embedded Networked Sensors (EmNets 2006) will
focus on groundbreaking research in wireless sensor systems with an
emphasis on three topic areas: (1) Emerging research directions for
sensor networks; (2) Application experiences; and (3) Early results
from new research efforts.  In keeping with the focused workshop
format, EmNets encourages submissions that present exciting new work,
challenge conventional ideas, propose new research directions,
evaluate real-world applications and deployments, and generate
controversy. We especially welcome papers reporting on highly original
or risky research, position papers, and reports on application
experiences and deployments, which may not otherwise be published as
full conference papers.

We specifically discourage submissions that are short versions of
papers that will be submitted to other conferences in the near future,
since our goal is to engage the research community in a discussion of
future challenges and issues for sensor networks. EmNets 2006 is
supported in cooperation with the IEEE Computer Society (pending).

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

 -New application domains for sensor networks
 -Sensor network architecture and protocols
 -Applications, testbeds, and real-world deployment experiences
 -Distributed algorithms and computation
 -Operating systems and network programming paradigms
 -Management, debugging, troubleshooting, and measurement tools
 -Data storage issues
 -Transport and dissemination
 -Distributed actuation and control
 -Fault tolerance and reliability
 -Security, vulnerabilities, and defenses
 -Architectural insight, analysis and fundamental limits

Submissions:

Please submit position papers or short papers describing early
research results. Submitted papers should be no longer than five
two-column pages, including all figures and references, using 10-point
fonts, standard spacing, and 1-inch margins. For detailed submission
information see the workshop website.

Important Dates:

Submissions due:            Feb 27, 2006
Notification of acceptance: April 27, 2006
Camera-ready copy due:      May 15, 2006

Organizing Committee: 

General Chair:                    Daniela Rus (MIT)
Publicity Chair:                  Thomas C. Henderson (Utah)
Poster Chair:                     Peter Corke (CSIRO, Australia)
Web and Local Arrangements Chair: Geoffrey Mainland (Harvard)

Program Committee Co-Chairs:      Andrew Campbell (Dartmouth)
                                  Matt Welsh (Harvard)

Program Committee

 Tarek Abdelzaher (UIUC)
 Pierre Chevillat (IBM Zurich)
 Deepak Ganesan (UMass)
 Wendi Heinzelman (Rochester)
 Kyle Jamieson (MIT)
 Eddie Kohler (UCLA)
 Akos Ledeczi (Vanderbilt)
 Mingyan Liu (Michigan)
 Sam Madden (MIT)
 Jason Redi (BBN)
 Pavan Sikka (CSIRO, Australia)
 Cormac Sreenan (Cork, Ireland)
 Dirk Westhoff (NEC, Germany)
 Adam Wolisz (TU Berlin)
 Alex Woo (Arched Rock Corp.)
 Mark Yarvis (Intel)

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/