Subject: [Mip4] WiOpt 2006, Boston, MA, April 3-7: Final Call for Papers

From: "Toumpis Stavros" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 19:42:43 +0200

FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS 

SUBMISSION DEADLINE *THIS WEDNESDAY* OCT. 5, 5pm EST 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

WIOPT 2006

4th Intl. Symposium on Modeling and Optimization in

Mobile, Ad Hoc, and Wireless Networks (WiOpt'06)

Boston, Massachusetts, April 3-7, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------

SCOPE OF THE SYMPOSIUM

The complexity of mobile, ad hoc, and wireless networks requires

thoroughly founded models capturing their essential characteristics

and new optimization techniques building upon such models. Insights

into both the theoretical aspects of these problems as well as

practical methods and tools are necessary. This symposium intends to

bring together researchers and practitioners working on optimization

issues from different perspectives, including performance analysis,

mobile networking, wireless communication, and optimization theory.

Contributions to this conference should show new modeling and

optimization techniques suitable for mobile/wireless networks or

innovative applications of these techniques to improve network

operation. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* Modeling techniques and tools for wireless networks

* Performance characterization & optimization of wireless networks

* Wireless network optimization: Applications, algorithms, and tools

* Protocol design for optimal wireless network utilization

* Models and optimization approaches for energy efficiency, QoS,

bandwidth economy and other aspects of wireless networks

* Models and optimization techniques for non-standard network

paradigms like sensor, vehicular, body area networks

* Security and co-operation models for mobile and ad hoc networks

* Pricing and incentives in wireless networks

* Game theoretic techniques for mobile/wireless networks

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

Papers should be submitted as extended abstracts of up to 8 pages,

single column format; and contain sufficient information to allow for

a detailed review. The final manuscript will be 10 pages in

double column format. Selected papers from WiOpt 2006 will appear in

a special issue of ACM/Kluwer Monet.

IMPORTANT DATES

Submission deadline: Oct. 5, 2005 (5pm EST)

Notification of acceptance: Dec. 5, 2005

Camera-ready copy: Jan. 5, 2006

Papers should be submitted in pdf or ps format through the EDAS system

(http://edas.info). For more details, please visit http://www.wiopt.org

SPONSORSHIP

------------------

WiOpt is sponsored by Create-net, ICST, Boston University, INRIA, and Intel,
and technically sponsored by the IEEE Information Theory and Control Systems
Societies and IFIP TC6, WG 6.3 (Performance of Communication Systems).

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/