Subject: [Mip4] IEEE DySPAN 2005: Registration Open Now!. (Exciting Conference Program, Keynotes and Invited Lectures)

From: "Milind M. Buddhikot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 16:47:04 -0400

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement]

Dear All:

Early registration for "First IEEE Symposium on New Frontiers in
Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks (IEEE DySPAN 2005)" is open now.

The key highlights of DySPAN are enclosed.  Please take this
opportunity register early and book your hotel.

    -- You can download and distribute a short DySPAN flyer available at
       http://www.ieee-dyspan.com/images/Dyspanad2.pdf

    -- You can  check out the advance program at
          http://www.ieee-dyspan.com/program.htm

    -- Find DySPAN special events at
          http://www.ieee-dyspan.com/special.htm

Please check

    http://www.ieee-dyspan.org

for comprehensive information.

Milind Buddhikot

======================x Key Highlights x===========================

Here are some key highlights:

[1]  KEYNOTES:
       Please check http://www.ieee-dyspan.com/special.htm

	Wednesday, Nov 9, 2005, Opening keynote*

	   Richard Lynch, Chief Technology Officer, Verizon Wireless, USA

	Wednesday: Dinner Keynotes:Nov 10, 2005:

	"Dynamic Spectrum Access: Technology and Policy  Perspectives"
	  - The Honorable Michael Gallagher
             Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Communications and
             Information and Administrator of the National
             Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA)

        And

	  - Dr. Anthony Tether
              Director of Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
              (DARPA)
               
[2]   Tutorials on Tuesday, Nov 8/05

       T1: Understanding the Issues in Software Defined and Cognitive Radios 
	   Charles Bostian (Virginia Tech, USA)
	   Jeffrey Reed (Virginia Tech, USA)

       T2: Spectrum Regulation 101 
	   Dale Hatfield (University of Colorado, USA)
	   Martin Cave (University of Warwick, UK)

       T3: Spectrum Sensing Fundamental Limits and Practical Challenges
	   Anant Sahai (University of California - Berkeley, USA)
	   Daniejla Cabric (University of California- Berkeley, USA)

       T4: End-to-End Reconfigurability (E2R), Enabler of the Seamless 
	   Experience 
	   Didier Bourse (Motorola, Inc., France)

       T5: Current Issues in Spectrum Policy
           William Lehr (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA)
   	   David Cohen (Univ. of Maryland University College, USA)
	   Dennis Stewart(Alion, USA )
	   Scott Blake Harris (Harris Wiltshire, USA)

[3] -Strong technical and policy full-length paper presentation program
    -Exciting Platforms, Prototypes, and Testbeds session
    -Interactive Poster Session for short papers

[4] Panels
    Wed 9/05:

        *PANEL: Liquid Protocols: Robust Design Principles for
         Unlicensed Ad Hoc Networks*:

	Panel Chair: William Lehr (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA)
	Panelists:* John Crowcroft (University of Cambridge, London), 
	    David Reed (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA), 
	    David Tse (University of California-Berkeley, USA)

    Thursday, 10/05:
       *Spectrum Rights Panel*
        Peter Pitsch (Intel), Ellen Goodman (Rutgers), Paul Kolodzy
	(Independent), Julius Knapp, Bob Matheson, Barry Ohlsen,
	Charla Rath (Verizon Wireless)

[5]  Policy Plenary session on Friday, Nov 11/05

    "Promoting Technological and Market Innovations: Update on
		Spectrum Policy Reform Initiatives Around the World"

    with insightful talks from leading members of key spectrum policy
    making bodies around the world.

[6]  *IEEE P1900.x Meetings*

     The IEEE 1900 series of standards committees are holding meetings
     in conjunction with DySPAN. The IEEE P1900 Standards Group was
     established in the first quarter 2005 jointly by the IEEE
     Communications Society (ComSoc) and the IEEE Electromagnetic
     Compatibility (EMC) Society. The objective of this effort is to
     develop supporting standards dealing with new technologies and
     techniques being developed for next generation radio and advanced
     spectrum management.

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/