Subject: [Mip4] IETF-64 MIP4 Agenda, Update 2

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:32:34 +0200

Hi,

Below you'll find the latest revision of the agenda for our meeting in
Vancouver.

Please note that the meeting time has changed from Tuesday to Thursday.

If you have a presentation, please prepare the presentation materials
and make sure that they are in the hands of Pete and myself by 
Sunday evening, Vancouver time.  Please send presentations in PDF
format in addition to your favourite proprietary or open format.

Best regards,

	Henrik

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draft agenda, as of 25 Oct 2005:

Mobility for IPv4 WG (mip4)

THURSDAY, November 10, 2005, 1300-1500
========================================================================

CHAIRS: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
	Pete McCann <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

1. Preliminaries					10 min Chairs
   - Minutes
   - Agenda bashing

2. Document Status					15 min Chairs

    draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3344bis  	   	
		New revision submitted right before the meeting.
		Next: Chair writeup and publication request

    draft-ietf-mip4-vpn-problem-solution  	
		Ready for WG last call

    draft-ietf-mip4-dynamic-assignment 	  	
		Waiting for AD Go-Ahead::AD Followup

    draft-ietf-mip4-faerr 		  	
		Waiting for AD Writeup

    draft-ietf-mip4-reg-tunnel 		  	
		AD Evaluation::Revised ID Needed
		This draft has an Appendix which the authors don't agree
		on how to handle.  We've had an independent review of
		the Appendix too, and need to decide what to do with it.

    draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3012bis 		  	
		Waiting for AD Writeup
		Several reviews done for AD,
		Need to decide whether to fork off the Generalized 
		Mobile IP Authentication Extension as a separate draft.

    draft-ietf-mobileip-lowlatency-handoffs-v4 	
		IESG Evaluation::AD Followup
		(Just re-submitted by Karim, ready to go to RFC Editor)

    draft-ietf-mip4-rfc2006bis 		  	
		MIP-centric review done, new revision needed

    draft-ietf-mip4-experimental-messages 	RFC 4064
    draft-ietf-mip4-vpn-problem-statement  	RFC 4093

3. New charter						 5 min Chairs
   http://mip4.org/charter/mip4-charter-2005-09-08.html

4. New WG drafts:					20 min Authorr
   Status summary, open issues:

      draft-bharatia-mip4-gen-ext			 5 min Kent

      draft-devarapalli-mip4-mobike-connectivity	 5 min ???

      draft-sastry-mip4-string-extension		 5 min Kent

      draft-nakhjiri-radius-mip4			 5 min ???

      draft-koodli-fmipv4				 5 min ???

5. IPv6 over MIPv4 and MIPv4 over IPv6.			 5 min Chairs

   Taking on some work in this area has been discussed earlier, during
   IETF-62.  The question has been raised by some people again, in view
   of the work on MIPv6 over IPv4 and IPv4 over MIPv6 which is being
   done in the MIP6 working group.

   Related drafts:
      draft-tsirtsis-v4v6-mipv4
      draft-larsson-v6ops-mip-scenarios

6. GRE Key Extension for Mobile IPv4			10 min Parviz
      draft-yegani-gre-key-extension

   GRE (Generic Routing Encapsulation) [ RFC 2784 ] is one of the
   encapsulation formats permitted by RFC 3344.  GRE may use keys
   to distinguish different tunnels from each other. [RFC 2890].
   This draft proposes a MIPv4 extension to communicate GRE keys
   between MIPv4 tunnel endpoints when requesting GRE tunnelling
   for MIPv4 traffic.

7. Generic Notification Message for Mobile IPv4		10 min Hui
      draft-deng-mip4-generic-notification-message-00.txt

   This document proposes a protocol enhancement that allows Mobile
   IPv4 entities to asynchronously send and receive explicit 
   notification messages.  The Registration Revocation mechanism of
   RFC 3543 could have been specified using a message such as the one
   proposed here, had it been available at the time.

8. Mobile IPv4 Fast Handovers for 802.16e networks	 5 min Junghoon
      draft-jee-mip4-fh80216e

   IEEE 802.16e is an amendment of 802.16 ("WiMAX") which extends it
   from fixed terminals only to fixed and mobile operation.
   This document describes how Mobile IPv4 Fast Handover can be used
   IEEE 802.16e link layers.

9. Using multiple interfaces for increased throughput	 5 min Srinivasa
	draft-srinivasa-mip4-mir-00.txt

   This document defines enhancements that allow a MN, when away from
   home, to simultaneously use multiple connected network interfaces
   so as to obtain higher aggregated bandwidth.

   ---------------------------------------------	----------
   Total time						80 minutes

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/