Subject: [Mip4] Final reminder: Mobisys 2006 cfp

From: "Alec Wolman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 20:20:07 -0800

[ We apologize in advance if you receive multiple copies of this CFP....
]

There are only 2 weeks remaining until the Mobisys 2006 submission
deadline!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----

MobiSys 2006 Call for Papers
http://www.sigmobile.org/mobisys/2006/

The 4th International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications, and
Services
                          June 19-22, 2006
                          Uppsala, Sweden

Jointly sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE and The USENIX Association, in
cooperation with ACM SIGOPS

Corporate supporters:  Intel, Ericsson, and Microsoft.

MobiSys 2006 seeks to present innovative and significant research on
the design, implementation, usage, and evaluation of mobile computing
and wireless systems, applications, and services. The conference will
be held in early summer in the historic town of Uppsala, Sweden.  It
builds on the success of the first three conferences held in San
Francisco, Boston and Seattle.

Important Dates

Full papers due:			Monday Nov 28 2005 (23:59 EST)
					(HARD DEADLINE, no extensions)
Notification of paper acceptance:	March 10,2005
Camera-ready final papers due:		April 7, 2006
Poster and demo proposals due:		March 27, 2006
Notification of poster/demo acceptance:	April 21, 2006

Conference Organizers

General Co-Chairs:
Per Gunningberg (Uppsala University, Sweden)
Lars-Ake Larzon (Uppsala University, Sweden)

Steering Committee Chair:
Victor Bahl, Microsoft Research

Program Co-Chairs:
Mahadev Satyanarayanan, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Nigel Davies, Lancaster University, UK

Program Committee:

Victor Bahl, Microsoft Research, USA
Mary Baker, HP Labs, USA
Ramon Caceres, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, USA
Mark Corner, University of Massachusetts, USA
Nigel Davies, Lancaster University, UK
Eyal de Lara, University of Toronto, Canada
Carla Ellis, Duke University, USA
Adrian Friday, Lancaster University, UK
Jason Hong, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
David Kotz, Dartmouth College, USA
Anthony LaMarca, Intel Research Seattle, USA
Antonio Kruger, University of Munster, Germany
Dushyanth Narayanan, Microsoft Research, UK
Brian Noble, University of Michigan, USA
Mahadev Satyanarayanan, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Rahul Sukthankar, Intel Research Pittsburgh, USA
Roy Want, Intel Research, USA

Poster Chair: 
Ramon Caceres, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, USA

Demo Co-Chairs: 
Bengt Ahlgren, Swedish Institute of Computer Science, Sweden
Ian Chakeres, Boeing Phantom Works, USA

Publicity Chair:
Alec Wolman, Microsoft Research, USA

Submission guidelines

We seek papers that take a broad systems perspective rather than
focus narrowly on low-level components.  We value results and insights
obtained from working implementations more highly than those obtained
solely from simulations.  If you have any questions
regarding relevance or other submission-related issues, please
contact the program chairs at [email-masked].  Topics
of interest include, but are not limited to:

    - Design, implementation, and evaluation of mobile and wireless
systems
    - Middleware and service architectures for mobile and wireless
applications
    - Data management for mobile and wireless applications
    - Operating Systems for resource-constrained mobile devices
    - Disconnected and weakly connected operation
    - Proxies and data adaptation
    - Mobile agents
    - Infrastructure support for mobility
    - Security, privacy, authorization, and billing
    - System-level energy management for mobile and wireless devices
    - Wearable and handheld devices in the context of system design
    - Personal mobility
    - Personal-area networks and systems
    - Cyber foraging and resource discovery of mobile services
    - Systems for context sensing and location awareness
    - Application interfaces and services supporting the mobile user
    - Tools and design methodologies for building mobile and wireless
systems
    - Mobile computing support for pervasive computing
    - User interfaces and usability issues for mobile and wireless
applications
    - Experience with mobile and wireless systems

Submissions should be full papers, up to 14 single-spaced 8.5" x
11" pages, including figures, tables, and references, two-column
format, using 10-point type on 12-point (single-spaced) leading
with reasonable margins.  Submissions will be judged on
originality, significance, interest, clarity, relevance, and
technical correctness. Accepted papers will be shepherded by a
member of the program committee.

MobiSys, like most conferences and journals, requires that papers
must not be submitted simultaneously to any other conference or
publication, that submissions must not be previously published,
and that accepted papers must not be subsequently published
elsewhere. Papers accompanied by nondisclosure agreement forms
are not acceptable and will be returned to the author(s)
unread. As customary with the scientific peer review process,
submissions will be handled as confidential material during the
review.

Submissions are due Monday, November 28, 2005, 23:59 EST.  This
is a hard deadline, and no extensions will be granted.  The
submission process is electronic.  All submissions must be in PDF
format.  See the conference web page for detailed instructions.

Poster and Demo Sessions

Do you have interesting work you would like to share, or a great
idea that is not quite ready to be published? Poster sessions are
for you! The poster sessions introduce new or ongoing work. Demos
of working systems and applications are also encouraged. The
MobiSys audience will provide valuable discussion and
feedback. We are particularly interested in presentations of
student work.  See the conference web page for submission details.

Workshops

The ACM MobiSys 2006 conference will host a day of workshops on
technical areas related to mobile systems, applications and
services. SIGMOBILE invites workshop proposals from interested
communities. New workshops in emerging areas that can engage
participants in greater interaction are welcome. See the conference
web page for details.

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/