Subject: [Mip4] draft-ietf-mip4-vpn-problem-solution-02

From: Sami Vaarala <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 02:53:31 +0200

Hi,

I've sent out draft-ietf-mip4-vpn-problem-solution-02 to be processed,
but here are a few quick links in the meantime:

http://users.tkk.fi/~svaarala/mipvpn/draft-ietf-mip4-vpn-problem-solution-02.txt

http://users.tkk.fi/~svaarala/mipvpn/draft-ietf-mip4-vpn-problem-solution-02-from-1.diff.html

http://users.tkk.fi/~svaarala/mipvpn/draft-ietf-mip4-vpn-problem-solution-02-from-1.chbar

Summary of changes from draft-ietf-mip4-vpn-problem-solution-01 to -02:

   o  Feedback from Vijay Devarapalli incorporated.

   o  Added references to MOBIKE WG where applicable.

   o  Changed requirement for reverse tunneling of inner MIPv4 when MN
      is outside, from MUST to SHOULD.  Reason: not all IPsec-based VPNs
      have the policy limitation; in particular, L2TP/IPsec
      implementations do not.

   o  Added better explanation of why reverse tunneling to i-HA is often
      required when the MN is outside.

   o  Re-added latency considerations section in a simplified form.

   o  IPR reference from RFC 3667 updated to RFC 3978.

   o  Removed explicit IPR section, as the general reference to on-line
      IPR statements suffices.

   o  Removed unused document references.

   o  Other minor cleanups.

Best regards,

-Sami

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/