Subject: [Mip4] WinMee CFP (Papers due Dec 4th)

From: "Kevin C. Almeroth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:23:53 -0800 (PST)

The Second International Workshop on
                   Wireless Network Measurement (WiNMee)
                           (co-located with WiOpt)

                                April 3, 2006
                         Boston, Massachusetts, USA
                            http://www.winmee.org/

WiNMee 2006 will be the second international workshop on Wireless 
Network Measurement. The first workshop, WiNMee 2005, was held in 
Lago di Gardi, Italy, and was highly successful with 32 submissions 
and 13 accepted papers. This year we hope to build on the success 
of last year by bringing researchers together to discuss the next 
generation of wireless network measurement research. Wireless 
networking has attracted much recent interest. Nonetheless, 
performance evaluation of wireless protocols, networks, and 
applications are still largely based on simulations. Only recently 
have researchers turned their attention to measuring real-world 
networks; building models based on real-world data, and using 
testbeds to more realistically evaluate their proposed ideas. 
Accurate network measurements have proven to be a different and a 
greater challenge than in wired networks. Accurate data models that 
reflect the unique characteristics of wireless networks have also 
proven to be more of a challenge. Wireless network testbeds have 
proven to be yet another difficult environments in which to work due 
to the many unique properties of the wireless medium. For example, 
results in wireless testbeds are often difficult to reproduce due 
to performance variations caused by location, weather, time of day, 
and other uncontrollable external variables.  Testbeds are also 
challenging because implementing novel solutions often requires 
significant changes to the network as well as careful observation 
and measurement.

The committee for WiNMee 2006 is soliciting 6 page papers that report 
on experiences obtained from operational wireless experiments, either 
in testbeds or in the field. Topics include:
    * Operational experience on the performance of wireless networks
    * Challenges with wireless measurements
    * Experimental (in)validation of assumptions in a wireless environments
    * Metrics for wireless network for performance evaluation 
    * Wireless network troubleshooting techniques and recommendations
    * Experience with building/designing wireless networks
    * Description of tools for building and/or managing wireless testbeds
    * Techniques for testbed scaling
    * Techniques for improving experiment repeatability
    * Techniques for validating results obtained from wireless testbeds 
    * Methods for simplifying experiment setup and reconfiguration
    * Mobility pattern implementation

Important Dates
  Submission deadline:    December 4, 2005
  Notification deadline:  January 26, 2006
  Camera-ready due:       February 26, 2006
  Workshop:               April 3, 2006

Submission Instructions
  Submitted papers should not exceed 6 pages in length and should be 
  formatted in two columns with a point size greater or equal to 10.

Workshop Chairs
  Kevin Almeroth (University California, Santa Barbara)
  Kave Salamatian (LIP6-University Pierre et Marie Curie)

Technical Program Committee
  Kevin Almeroth, UC-Santa Barbara, USA
  Anish Arora, Ohio State, USA
  Chadi Barakat, INRIA , France
  Elizabeth M. Belding-Royer, UC-Santa Barbara, USA
  Andrew Campbell, Dartmouth , USA
  Ahmed Helmy, USC, USA
  Tristan Henderson, Dartmouth, USA
  Ed Knightly, Rice University , USA
  Josep Mangues, CTTC, Spain
  Konstantina Papagiannaki, Intel Research, UK
  Ashu Sabharwal, Rice University, USA
  Kave Salamatian, LIP6 , France
  Suresh Singh, Portland State University, USA
  Aruna Seneviratne, National ICT, Australia
  Thierry Turletti, INRIA, France
  Thomas Ziegler, FTW , Austria

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/