Subject: [Mip4] Call for Papers: ACM PE-WASUN'06

From: "CFP PE-WASUN'06" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:24:27 -0400

-------------------------------------------------------------------
 CALL FOR PAPERS:  3rd ACM* PE-WASUN 2006
-------------------------------------------------------------------
 
    3rd ACM* International Workshop on Performance Evaluation of
          Wireless Ad Hoc, Sensor, and Ubiquitous Networks
                    http://ares.insa-lyon.fr/pe-wasun06
          Torremolinos, Malaga, SPAIN, October 2-6, 2006
 
          Jointly with the 9th ACM/IEEE MSWiM Symposium  
                 http://www.cs.unibo.it/mswim2006

*ACM  Pending upon Approval
-------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT: Full paper due:         June 10th, 2006
-------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Scope:
 
 Wireless ad hoc, sensor, along with ubiquitous networks have recently
 witnessed their fastest growth period ever in history, and this trend
 is likely to continue for the foreseeable future. However, as such
 networks become increasingly complex, performance modeling and
 evaluation will play a crucial part in their design process to ensure
 their successful deployment and exploitation in practice.
 
 This workshop brings together scientists, engineers, and
 practitioners to share and exchange their experiences, discuss
 challenges, and report state-of-the-art and in-progress research on
 all aspects of wireless ad hoc, sensor, and ubiquitous networks with
 a specific emphasis on their performance evaluation and analysis.
 
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
 
- Probabilistic or predictive performance models and analysis of ad
  hoc, sensor, pervasive and ubiquitous networks
- RF channel capacity modeling and analysis
- Traffic models for ad hoc, sensor networks
- Mobility modeling and management
- Analytical modeling
- Simulation methods
- Tracing and trace analysis
- Performance measurement, monitoring and evaluation tools for ad hoc,
  sensor and ubiquitous networks
- Software tools for automatic network performance and evaluation
- Network performance improvements by optimization algorithms  
- Energy-efficient protocols for ad hoc and sensor networks
- Wireless mesh networks
- Case studies demonstrating the role of performance evaluation in the
  design of ad hoc, sensor, and ubiquitous networks
 ----------------------------------------------
Workshop Co-Chairs:
 ----------------------------------------------
 Lichun Bao, University of California, Irvine, USA 
  Email: [email-masked]

 Isabelle Guerin Lassous INRIA/CITI, Lyon, France
 Email: [email-masked]

 ---------------------------------------------------------
Technical Program Committee Members:
 ---------------------------------------------------------
 Khalid Al-Begain 	        Univ. of Glamorgan, UK
 Prithwish Basu     		BBN Technologies, USA
 Paolo Bellavista 		University of Trento, Italy
 Brahim Bensaou     	        Hong Kong Univ. of Science and  Tech., HK
 Fernando Boavida    		University of Coimbra, Portugal
 Luciano Bononi           	University of Bologna, Italy
 Azzedine Boukerche    		University of Ottawa, Canada
 Michele Colajanni        	University of Modena, Italy
 J.J. Garcia-Luna-Aceves 	University of California, Santa Cruz, USA
 Mario Gerla                    UCLA, USA
 Vittoria Gianuzzi              University of Genova, Italy
 Ben Liang                      University of Toronto, Canada
 Zhen Liu                       IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, USA
 Bernard Mans                   Macquarie University, Australia
 Kenichi Mase                   Niigata University, Japan
 Jelena Misic                   University of Manitoba (Canada)
 Mohamed Naimi            	University of Cergy-Pontoise, France
 Sotiris Nikoletseas         	Computer Technology Institute, Greece
 Mirela Notare                	Barddal University, Brazil
 M. Ould-Khaoua            	University of Glasgow, UK
 Guy Pujolle                    Universit. Paris 6, France
 Pedro M. Ruiz                	University of Murcia, Spain
 Marco Spohn                  	Federal University of Campina Grande, Brazil
 Damla Turgut                   University of Central Florida, USA
 Fabrice Valois                 INSA de Lyon, France

Publicity Chair:
 Marcelo Dias de Amorim  CNRS/LIP6, France  
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paper Submission:
 
 High-quality original papers are solicited. Papers must be
 unpublished and must not be submitted for publication elsewhere. All
 papers will be reviewed by Technical Program Committee members and
 other experts active in the field to ensure high quality and relevance
 to the conference. Accepted papers will appear on the workshop
 proceedings that will be published by ACM press.   
 
 At least one of the authors of accepted papers must attend the
 conference to present his paper.   
 
 Paper should be submitted on PE-WASUN web site:  
 http://ares.insa-lyon.fr/pe-wasun06/authors.html. Paper length should
 be no mo re than 10 pages, double column, ACM style including tables
 and figures. A template for ACM SIG Proceedings style (LaTeX2e and MS
 Word) ca n be found at
 http://www.acm.org/sigs/pubs/proceed/tem plate.html. Only Postscript
 and PDF formats are accepted.     
 
 A special issue will be planned in a scholarly journal to include selected
 high-quality papers from the workshop.  
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Important Dates
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Full paper due:                June 10th, 2006
 Acceptance notification: 	July 10th, 2006
 Camera ready due:         	TBA

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/