Subject: [Mip4] CFP: VANET 2006, The Third ACM International Workshop on Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks

From: Yih-Chun Hu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 02:20:00 -0500

ANNOUNCEMENT and CALL FOR PAPERS

VANET 2006

The Third ACM International Workshop on Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks

In conjunction with ACM MobiCom 2006
September 29, 2006
Los Angeles, California, USA

Sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE

http://www.sigmobile.org/workshops/vanet2006/

Important Dates:
Paper Submission Deadline: May 26, 2006
Notification of Acceptance: July 10, 2006
Camera-Ready Deadline: July 31, 2006

The goal of this workshop is to present and discuss recent advances
in the development of wireless vehicular ad hoc networking (VANET)
technologies.  Based on short- to medium-range communication systems
(vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-roadside), vehicular ad hoc
networks will enable vehicular safety applications including collision
and other safety warnings as well as non-safety applications like
real-time traffic congestion and routing information, high-speed
tolling, mobile infotainment, and many others.

The creation of high-performance, highly reliable, highly scalable,
and secure VANET technologies, though, presents an extraordinary
challenge to the wireless research community: a high degree of
communication reliability is needed under unfavorable channel
conditions.  Clearly, the specificity of vehicular ad hoc networks in
terms of mobility behavior and applications scenarios and requirements
makes VANET research an exciting and demanding application- and
purpose-driven sub-discipline of wireless networking.

Following the successes of VANET 2004 held in Philadelphia and VANET
2005 held in Cologne, Germany, the Third ACM International Workshop on
Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks will be held in Los Angeles, September 29,
2006, in conjunction with MobiCom 2006.

Authors are invited to submit papers presenting new research related
to the theory or practice of vehicular ad hoc networks (VANET).
All submissions must describe original research, not published or
currently under review for another workshop, conference, or
journal.  Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:

- Safety and non-safety applications
- Roadside-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-vehicle communication
- Communication protocol design
- Channel modeling
- Modulation and coding
- Power control and scalability issues
- Multi-channel organization and operation
- Security issues and countermeasures
- Privacy issues
- Network management
- Simulation frameworks & real-world testbeds

VANETs present a highly active field of research, development,
standardization and field trials.  Throughout the world, there are many
national/international projects in government, industry, and academia
devoted to VANETs, for example consortia like VSC (US), C2CCC (Europe)
and InternetITS (Japan), standardization efforts like IEEE 802.11p
(WAVE) and field trials like the large-scale Vehicle Infrastructure
Integration Program (VII) in the US.

Submission Instructions

All paper submissions will be handled electronically.  Papers must be
in PDF format, no longer than 10 pages (single- or double-column), in
font no smaller than 11 points, and must fit properly on US
Letter-sized paper (8.5 inch x 11 inch) with reasonable
margins.  Submitted papers will be judged based on their quality
through a double-blind review process, where the identities of the
authors are withheld from the reviewers.  Detailed instructions for
paper submission will be posted on the VANET 2006 web page at:
http://www.sigmobile.org/workshops/vanet2006/.

Please email questions related to paper submission or the technical
program to: [email-masked].

General Co-Chairs:
Wieland Holfelder, DaimlerChrysler RTNA, Inc.
David B. Johnson, Computer Science Department, Rice University

Technical Program Co-Chairs:
Victor Bahl, Microsoft Research
Hannes Hartenstein, Universitat Karlsruhe

Publicity Chair:
Yih-Chun Hu, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Web Chair:
Ken Laberteaux,Toyota Technical Center

Technical Program Committee (partial list):
Sharad Agarwal, Microsoft Research
Tracy Camp, Colorado School of Mines
Wai Chen, Telcordia Technologies
Chen-Nee Chua, Univ. of California Davis
Costas Constantinou, Univ. of Birmingham
Luca Delgrossi, DaimlerChrysler RTNA, Inc.
Eylem Ekici, Ohio State University
Tamer El-Batt, HRL Laboratories
Andreas Festag,	NEC
Jean-Pierre Hubeaux, EPFL
Markus Jakobsson, Indiana Universtity
Daniel Jiang, DaimlerChrysler RTNA, Inc.
Timo Kosch, BMW Research and Technology
Ken Laberteaux, Toyota Technical Center
Martin Mauve, University of Duesseldorf
Paolo Santi, Italian Natl. Research Council
Raja Sengupta, Univ. of California Berkeley
Marc Torrent-Moreno, Universitat Karlsruhe

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/