Subject: [Mip4] Call for Papers: ACM WMuNeP'06

From: CFP ACM WMuNeP 2006 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:13:09 -0400

---------------------------------------------------------------------
                           ACM* WMuNeP 2006

   Second ACM International Workhop on Wireless Multimedia Networking and
                    Performance Modeling (WMuNeP '06)
                    http://www.dc.ufscar.br/wmunep06/

               To be held jointly with the 9th ACM MSWiM 2006
                           October 2-6th, 2006
                        Torremolinos, Malaga, Spain
                      http://www.cs.unibo.it/mswim2006

*ACM Pending Approval

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Due date: June 10th, 2006
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Selected papers will be published on a special issue of ACM/Springer
Multimedia Systems
---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Second ACM International Workhop on Wireless Multimedia Networking and
Performance Modeling (WMuNeP '06) will be a one-day workshop, held in
conjunction with the 9th Annual ACM Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and
Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems (MSWiM´06). The demand for
wireless multimedia communications thrives in today's consumer and
corporate market. The need to evolve multimedia applications and services,
and their associated protocols for emerging networks is at a critical
point given the proliferation and integration of wireless systems to
intelligent and broadband networks, mobility of people, data/voice
convergence and the integration of computing and communication in mobile
devices.

This workshop is devoted to cover different aspects of wireless multimedia
networking and performance modeling for WLANs, WPANs, WMANs, WWANs, MANETs
and sensor networks such as wireless video and wireless streaming,
systematic design methodologies, algorithms, synchronization, analysis and
performance modeling. The workshop will provide a forum for researchers
and practitioners to present their contributions related to the above
high-level aspects.

Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):

- Wireless multimedia network management
- Wireless multimedia traffic modeling
- Middleware and reflective systems support for wireless multimedia
- Proxy-based systems for video transcoding and content distribution
- Performance modeling, monitoring and evaluation of wireless multimedia
  networks and systems
- Multipoint, multicast wireless multimedia services
- Deployment of wireless multimedia applications, services and networks
- Protocols for wireless multimedia networks
- QoS in wireless multimedia networks
- Integration of wireless multimedia networks to broadband networks
- End-to-end IP multimedia wireless communications
- Coding and transmission for wireless multimedia networks
- Distributed wireless multimedia services
- Content-based wireless multimedia information retrieval tools
- Video, streaming, real-time wireless multimedia communications and
   applications
- Security in wireless multimedia networks
- Wireless multimedia right protection and watermarking
- Pricing mechanisms for wireless multimedia networks
- E-Commerce and related applications for wireless multimedia networks
- Multimedia evaluation and processing for wireless networks
- Cross layer design for wireless multimedia networks
- Analytical modeling of wireless multimedia networks
- Software tools for system performance and evaluation of wireless
  multimedia networks
- Performance comparison of wireless multimedia networks
- Case studies showing the role of evaluation in the design of systems

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Important Dates:
Submission deadline:         June 10th, 2006
Notification of acceptance:  July 10th, 2006
Camera ready papers:  TBA
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paper Submission Guidelines:
Authors are invited to submit research contributions representing original,
previously unpublished work. Submitted papers will be carefully evaluated
based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of
exposition.

Accepted papers will appear on the workshop proceedings that will be
published by ACM press. At least one of the authors of accepted papers
must attend the conference to present his/her paper.

Paper length should be no more than 10 pages, double column, ACM style
including tables and figures. A template for ACM SIG Proceedings style
(LaTeX2e and MS Word) can be found here. Only Postscript and PDF formats
are accepted. Papers must be submitted electronically via the JEMS system
(Brazilian EDAS).

Each submission must be accompanied by the following information:
- a paper title
- a short abstract
- a complete list of authors and their affiliations
- a contact person for correspondence (please check the correct e-mail is
configured
on JEMS system)

WMuNeP  2006 electronic submission is now active on the JEMS system
(Brazilian EDAS) at https://submissoes.sbc.org.br/wmunep2006. Once you are
a registered JEMS user, this link will address you directly to the WMuNeP
2006 Paper Submission page. Important - For any question or problem
related to WMuNeP 2006, please contact [email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Workshop Co-Chairs:

Prof. Regina B. Araujo
Federal University of S?o Carlos
S?o Carlos, SP, Brazil
[email-masked]

Prof. Hussein M Alnuweiri
University of British Columbia
Vancouver, Canada
[email-masked]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Program Committee:

Hussein Alnuweiri, University of British Columbia, Canada
Rossana Andrade, Federal University of Ceara, Brazil
Regina Araujo, Federal University of Sao Carlos, Brazil
Nazim Agoulmine, University of Evry, France
Azzedine Boukerche, University of Ottawa, Canada
Raffaele Bruno, CNR, Italy
Hsiao-Hwa Chen, National Sun Yat-Sen University, Taiwan
Zihua Guo, Lenovo Corporate R&D, China
Anna Hac, University of Hawaii, USA
Hai Jiang, University of Waterloo, Canada
Victor Leung, University of British Columbia, Canada
Wei Li, University of Toledo, USA
Jiangchuan Liu, Simon Fraser University, Canada
Pascal Lorenz, University of Haute Alsace, France
Antonio A. F. Loureiro, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil
Andreas Meissner,  Fraunhofer Institute, Germany
Jelena Misic, University of Manitoba, Canada
Edmundo Monteiro, University of Coimbra, Portugal
Jander Moreira, Federal University of Sao Carlos, Brazil
Mirela S. M. Notare, Barddal University, Brazil
Stephen Olariu, Old Dominion University, USA
Jianping Pan, NTT MCL, USA
Bjorn Pehrson, Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
Yu-Chee Tseng, National Chiao Tung Univ., Taiwan
Murat Uysal, University of Waterloo, Canada
Qi Xue,  Qualcomm Inc., USA
Yang Yang, University College London, UK
Weihua Zhuang, University of Waterloo, Canada

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/