Subject: [Mip4] Call for Papers: 2nd IEEE P2M-Net 2006

From: "CFP P2Mnet'06" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 13:40:40 -0400

Call for Papers
                               IEEE P2M-Net 2006
                     Second IEEE International Workshop on
                         Performance and Management of
                          Wireless and Mobile Networks
                           http://137.122.93.16/perf/
                             November 14-16, 2006
                             Tampa (Florida), USA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
In conjunction with The 31st IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks
November 14-16, 2006.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Due Date: july 1st, 2006
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Scope

The Second IEEE International Workshop on Performance and Management of
Wireless and Mobile Networks (P2MNet 2006) will take place in Tampa
(Florida), USA, in conjunction with The 31st IEEE Conference on Local
Computer Networks (LCN)  November 14 -16, 2006.

Workshop Objectives

In Recent years, wireless and mobile communication systems have become
increasingly popular as an inexpensive and promising means for ubiquitous
communications. However, without creating a new set of issues and
trade-offs. The performance and resource management of wireless and mobile
communication systems are becoming a very crucial phase for future
generation of wireless and mobile networks.

P2MNet 2006 serves as a forum for researchers from academia, industry
and research labs, for presenting recent research results in Wireless and
Mobile Networks. The conference features prominent invited speakers as
well as papers by top researchers in the field. P2MNet 2006 will include
contributed technical papers, invited papers, and panel discussions. The
proceedings will be published by IEEE-CS press.

Call for Papers

P2MNet is intended to provide an international forum for the discussion
and presentation of original ideas, recent results and achievements by
researchers, students, and systems developers on issues and challenges
related to Performance and Management of Wireless and Mobile Networks.
Authors are encouraged to submit both theoretical and practical results oFrom [email-masked] Mon Apr 10 14:59:30 2006
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 13:40:40 -0400
From: "CFP P2Mnet'06" <[email-masked]>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mip4] Call for Papers: 2nd IEEE P2M-Net 2006

		           	Call for Papers
                               IEEE P2M-Net 2006
                     Second IEEE International Workshop on
                         Performance and Management of
                          Wireless and Mobile Networks
                           http://137.122.93.16/perf/
                             November 14-16, 2006
                             Tampa (Florida), USA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
In conjunction with The 31st IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks
November 14-16, 2006.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Due Date: july 1st, 2006
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Scope

The Second IEEE International Workshop on Performance and Management of
Wireless and Mobile Networks (P2MNet 2006) will take place in Tampa
(Florida), USA, in conjunction with The 31st IEEE Conference on Local
Computer Networks (LCN)  November 14 -16, 2006.

Workshop Objectives

In Recent years, wireless and mobile communication systems have become
increasingly popular as an inexpensive and promising means for ubiquitous
communications. However, without creating a new set of issues and
trade-offs. The performance and resource management of wireless and mobile
communication systems are becoming a very crucial phase for future
generation of wireless and mobile networks.

P2MNet 2006 serves as a forum for researchers from academia, industry
and research labs, for presenting recent research results in Wireless and
Mobile Networks. The conference features prominent invited speakers as
well as papers by top researchers in the field. P2MNet 2006 will include
contributed technical papers, invited papers, and panel discussions. The
proceedings will be published by IEEE-CS press.

Call for Papers

P2MNet is intended to provide an international forum for the discussion
and presentation of original ideas, recent results and achievements by
researchers, students, and systems developers on issues and challenges
related to Performance and Management of Wireless and Mobile Networks.
Authors are encouraged to submit both theoretical and practical results of
significance.

The scope of the workshop includes, but is not limited to:

o- Performance and management of mesh and Bluetooth networks.
o- Performance and resource management of wireless ad hoc and sensor
networks.
o- Performance and management of wireless multimedia systems.
o- Resource allocation.
o- Power Control and energy management.
o- Wireless network design and management.
o- Measurement, analysis, modeling, and generation.
o- Traffic measurement (wireless TCP, etc..).
o- Billing and wireless web services.
o- (3G/4G wireless billing systems, GPRS billing, etc..).
o- Web-Based wireless management.
o- Wireless security management.
o- Wireless Network planning.
o- Wireless Intelligent Networks.
o- Performance and Management of Broadband Wireless Management.
o- Management and monitoring of wireless and mobile systems.
o- User mobility modeling.
o- Topology construction and maintenance.
o- Interoperability, and performance of heterogeneous wireless networks of
different standards.

Important dates

    Submission Deadline:        July 1st, 2006.
    Notification of Acceptance: July 31, 2006
    Camera Ready version due:   August 25, 2006
    Workshop and LCN presentation:     November 14-16, 2006 in Tampa, USA

IMPORTANT: ATTENDANCE BY AT LEAST ONE AUTHOR IS MANDATORY

Submission Guidelines

  Authors are invited to submit full or short papers for presentation at
the conference. Full papers (no more than 10 pages, in IEEE format)
should present novel perspectives within the general scope of the
conference.

Only original papers that have not been published or submitted for
publication elsewhere can be submitted. Papers in excess of page limits
shall not be considered for review or publication. All papers must include
title, complete contact information for all authors, abstract, and
keywords on the cover page. The corresponding author must be clearly
identified.

Authors are required to submit their papers through the EDAS web site
(http://www.edas.info/)

 The authors of accepted papers must guarantee that their paper will be
presented at the conference. At least one author of each accepted paper
must be registered for the conference in order for that paper to appear
in the IEEE LCN proceedings and to be scheduled for presentation.

Organizing Committee
--------------------

Program Co-Chairs:
Prof. Azzedine Boukerche         Prof. Mirela Sechi M. A. Notare
SITE, University of Ottawa,      Barddal University,
Ottawa, Canada                   Florianapolis, Brazil
[email-masked]         [email-masked]

Program Committee:

Regina Araujo,    Federal University of Sao Carlos, Brazil
Luciano Bononi,   University of Bologna, Italy
Stefano Basagni,  Northeastern University, USA
Luiz DaSilva,     Virginia Tech., USA
Jelena Misic,     University of Manitoba, Canada
Nidal Nasser,     University of Guelph, Canada
Mirela  Notare,   Barddal University, Brazil
Stephen Olariu,   Old Dominion, USA
M. Ould-khaoua,   University fo Glasgow, UK
Mineo Takai,      Univ. of Los Angeles, California (UCLA), USA
Damla Turgut,     University of Central Florida, USA
Albert Zomaya,    University of Sydney, Australia
Pedro M. Ruiz,    University of Murcia, Spain
Jie Wu           Florida Atlantic University, USA
Yuanyuan Yang    The State University of New York at Stony Brook, USA

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/