Subject: [Mip4] Sigcomm Workshop on Challenged Networks (CHANTS) DEADLINE EXTENSION (fwd)

From: "Kevin C. Almeroth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 23:57:36 -0700 (PDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 23:52:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: Kevin C. Almeroth <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Sigcomm Workshop on Challenged Networks (CHANTS) DEADLINE EXTENSION

Do to numerous requests, we are extending the submission deadline for
CHANTS.  However, authors interested in submitting should note, that
*************************************************************************
PAPERS MUST STILL BE REGISTERED IN EDAS BY THE ORIGINAL DEADLINE.
*************************************************************************

=====================================================================
		  	  CALL FOR PAPERS
     Sigcomm 2006 - Workshop on Challenged Networks (CHANTS-06)
   	         Pisa, Italy - September 15, 2006

		     http://chants.cs.ucsb.edu/
=====================================================================

Technical Area:

   Challenged networks include those found in mobile and in-motion 
networking, dynamic wireless networks, heterogeneous and mobile 
sensor networks, interplanetary networking, and networks providing 
rural connectivity. Such networks are not well served by standard 
TCP/IP solutions, due to the prevalence of disconnection, disruption, 
intermittency, large delays, or other factors. 

   Today, the most successful network architecture is that of the 
Internet. It has scaled well beyond the original plan of its 
designers, and the Internet Protocol has been carried on a great 
number of underlying protocols, including itself. However, the 
Internet's protocol architecture suffers some problems when 
implemented on classes of networks for which it was not originally 
designed. For example, when disconnection and reconnection is common, 
or link performance is highly variable or extreme, one or more of the 
traditional Internet protocols do not work well. In this workshop, we 
wish to explore physical networks that operate significantly 
differently from wired, connected networks and the protocol 
architectures and algorithms used to deal with such situations. 
Techniques for making applications tolerant to disruptions and/or 
high delays are also in scope. More specifically, we solicit papers 
in the following areas:

- Characterization of performance-challenged networks, 
e.g. network measurements.
- Networking systems operating over unusual/challenged networks.
- Protocol design and evaluation of operations over challenged 
networks.
- Robust network application design and implementation techniques. 
- Delay tolerant and disruption tolerant networks (DTN).
- Situated and autonomic communications for challenged networks.
- Handling user concerns in challenged networks such as usability, 
privacy, security and incentives to cooperate.

   Submissions may include presentations of specific systems or 
performance measurements, as well as more general, philosophical 
position papers. Papers that bring out interesting and novel ideas at 
an early stage in their development are favored over highly polished, 
journal-style results. Selected papers will be forward-looking, with 
impact and implications for ongoing or future research. We aim to 
accept around 15 papers, and to have a highly interactive workshop 
focusing on broader issues and community development.

Paper Format and Submission:

   All submitted papers should be formatted according to the ACM 
SIG proceeding template found here: 
    
	http://www.acm.org/sigs/pubs/proceed/template.html

   In particular, this format uses 9pt font in two columns with 
particular margin sizes. Papers must be no longer than eight pages 
and must be in PDF format. Papers will be reviewed single blind, 
which means be sure to include author information on the first page 
after the title and before the abstract. Papers that do not adhere 
to these requirements exactly (or attempt to cheat on spacing or 
fonts) will not be accepted for submission. All papers should be 
submitted via EDAS. For more details please visit the CHANTS webpage: 

	http://chants.cs.ucsb.edu/

Important Dates:

	Abstract Registration Deadline: 21 April 2006 (11:59pm EDT)
	Submission Deadline: 28 April 2006 (11:59pm EDT)
	Notification of Acceptance: 2 June 2006
	Camera Ready Deadline: 16 June 2006
	Workshop Date: 15 Sept 2006

Organizing Committee:

   Technical Program Co-chairs:

	Kevin Almeroth,	UC-Santa Barbara
	Email: [email-masked]

	James Scott, Intel Research Cambridge
	Email: [email-masked]

   Program Committee Members: 

	Amin Vahdat, University of California, San Diego
	Aruna Senevirante, National ICT Australia
	Cecilia Mascolo, University College London
	Chen-Nee Chuah, University of California, Irvine
	Deborah Estrin, University of California, Los Angeles
	Ellen Zegura, Georgia Institute of Technology
	J?rg Ott, Helsinki University of Technology
	Kaustubh Phanse, Lule? University of Technology
	Kevin Fall, Intel Research Berkeley
	Mooi-Choo Chuah, Lehigh University
	Mostafa Ammar, Georgia Institute of Technology
	Srinivasan Keshav, University of Waterloo
	Silvia Giordano, University of Applied Sciences
			of Southern Switzerland
	Scott Burleigh, Jet Propulsion Labs
	Timur Friedman, Universit? Pierre et Marie Curie

   Webmaster: Khaled Harras, UC-Santa Barbara

=====================================================================

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/