Subject: [Mip4] Call for Papers: ACM/IEEE MSWiM'06

From: "CFP MSWiM'06" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:13:14 -0400

-------------------------------------------------------------------
  Our apologies if you have received multiple copies
-------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      ACM/IEEE  MSWiM 2006
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                       Call for Papers
                The 9th ACM/IEEE* International Symposium on 
      Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems
                       Torremolinos, SPAIN 
                        October 2--6, 2006
                 http://www.cs.unibo.it/mswim2006

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* ACM and IEEE pending upon Approval
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Submission deadline: May 8th, 2006  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Scope and Overview: 
ACM/IEEE MSWiM 2006 is the Ninth Annual International Symposium on 
Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems.  
MSWiM is an international forum dedicated to high level discussion 
of Wireless and Mobile systems, networks, algorithms and applications, 
with an emphasis on rigorous performance evaluation.  
MSWiM is a highly selective conference that is recognized as one of 
the most prestigious sources of innovative ideas and breakthroughs 
in the field.  MSWiM 2006 will be held October 2 to 6, 2006, 
in sunny Terremolinos, in Spain.

Authors are encouraged to submit full papers presenting new research
related to the theory or practice of all aspects of modeling, analysis
and simulation of mobile and wireless systems.  Submitted papers must
not have been published elsewhere nor currently be under review by
another conference or journal.

*Topics of Interest.  Papers related to wireless and mobile network
 Modeling, Analysis, Design, and Simulation are solicited on, but not
 limited to, the following topics: 

- Analytical Models
- New simulation languages and tools for wireless systems
- Design methodologies
- Performance evaluation and modeling 
- Formal methods for analysis of wireless systems
- Wireless Network Protocols 
- Wireless Multimedia Systems
- Tools, Prototype and Testbeds
- Wireless PANs, LANs
- Survivability and reliability evaluation 
- Ad Hoc Networks
- Traffic measurements and models for wireless networks
- Sensor and Actuator Networks 
- RF channel capacity modeling and analysis
- Pervasive computing and emerging models
- QoS provisioning in wireless and mobile networks
- Integration of wired and wireless systems
- Security and privacy of mobile/wireless systems
- Mobility modeling and management 
- Algorithms and protocols for energy efficent operation and power 
control
- Mobile applications, system software and algorithms
- Parallel and distributed simulation of wireless systems

Submission instructions and publication

 will be published on the conference
web site shortly (http://www.cs.unibo.it/mswim2006).  Accepted papers
will appear in the conference proceedings to be published by ACM press.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Special Issue with (Elsevier) Computer Network Journal containing 
Best Papers 
will be scheduled
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------
* Submission instructions and publication:
------------------------------------------------------------
High-quality original papers are solicited. Papers must be
unpublished and must not be submitted for publication
elsewhere. All papers will be reviewed by Technical Program
Committee members and other experts active in the field to
ensure high quality and relevance to the conference. Paper
length should not exceed 20 pages. Only Postscript and PDF
formats are accepted.
Instructions for paper submission will be posted at:
http://www.cs.unibo.it/mswim2006/
Accepted papers will appear in the symposium proceedings published by 
ACM.
A Journal Special Issue will be planned which will contain
selected papers from MSWiM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Important Dates:

Paper submission deadline          May 8 2006
Notification of acceptance         July 5 2006

Tutorial submission deadline       July 5th, 2006
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Co-Chairs:
Carla-Fabiana Chiasserini, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
Email: [email-masked]

Enrique Alba, University of Malaga, Spain 
Email: [email-masked]

Program Committee Chairs:
Renato Lo Cigno, University of Trento, Italy
Email: [email-masked]

Nael Abu-Ghazaleh, State University of New York at Binghamton, USA
Email: [email-masked]

Poster Co-Chairs:

Sotiris Nikoletseas 
University of Patra, Greece
Email: [email-masked]

Steve Olariu
Old Dominion University, USA
Email: [email-masked]

Tutorial Chair

Mineo Takai
University of Los Angeles, California, USA
Email: [email-masked]

Local Organization Chair:
Enrique Alba, University of Malaga, Spain

Steering Committee Chair
Azzedine Boukerche, University of Ottawa, Canada

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/