Subject: [Mip4] TR: CFP - MASS 2007 - Pisa, Italy - October 2007

From: "Nathalie Mitton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 16:27:51 +0100

This message is cross-posted to several lists. Apologies for any duplicate
postings.

IEEE MASS 2007 (http://www.ieee-mass.org <http://www.ieee-mass.org/> )

The Fourth IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Systems

Call For Papers

Wireless multi-hop communication is envisioned in multiple scenarios where
network nodes communicate via other network nodes: conferences, hospitals,
battlefields, rescue operations, environment control, cars-to-cars, and
monitoring scenarios. Wireless mesh networks have been applied as
alternatives for providing Internet access in remote business and
residential areas. Wireless sensor networks are being deployed for several
industrial control processes and for monitoring environment. This conference
aims to address multi-hop ad-hoc and sensor networks systems, covering
topics ranging from technology issues up to the applications aspects.
Original manuscripts that focus on the analytical modeling,
protocol/algorithm design, and/or experimental studies of the following
topics of interest are sought:

*        physical layer impact on higher level protocols

*        MAC protocols for ad-hoc and sensor networks (802.11, 802.15.4,
UWB) Provisioning of wireless QoS in terms of bandwidth and delay assurance

*        Routing protocols (unicast, multicast, broadcast, geocast) and
routing metrics

*        Data transport in wireless ad hoc and sensor networks

*        Power-aware and energy-efficient design

*        Topology construction and coverage maintenance

*        Cross layer design and optimization

*        Incentives and game theoretic approaches in wireless ad-hoc
networks

*        Localization and synchronization in wireless sensor networks

*        Data gathering, fusion, and dissemination in wireless sensor

*        Reliability, security, and trustworthiness issues in ad hoc and
sensor networks

*        Operating system and middleware support

*        Measurements and practical experience from experimental systems and
test-beds

*        Modeling, analysis and performance evaluation

*        Mesh networking

*        Delay tolerant networks and opportunistic networking

*        Handoff and mobility management and seamless internetworking

*        Peer-to-peer, overlay, and content distribution wireless ad hoc
networks

*        Reliability, security, and trustworthiness issues in ad hoc and
sensor networks

Paper submission
All submissions must be full papers in .pdf or .ps (PostScript) format.
Papers must be uploaded to EDAS by March 31, 2007, and must not exceed 10
single-spaced, two-column pages using at least 11 point size fonts on 8.5 x
11 inch pages. Detailed submission instructions will be published in due
time on the conference website  <http://www.cse.fau.edu/mass2006/>
http://www.ieee-mass.org together with format files.

Workshops
Proposals for full day workshops are solicited. Selections will be made
considering the expertise and experience of the workshop organizers and the
relevance of the topic to the central theme of the conference. Proposals of
at most 4 pages, including a 1-page biographical sketch, should be submitted
to the Workshops Chair by March 31, 2007

Demos
Technical demonstration of experimental ad hoc networking and computing
systems are solicited. To Instructions for submitting a demo proposal will
be published in due time on the conference website.

Important dates
Manuscript Submission Due: March 31, 2007
Acceptance Notification: June 30, 2007
Final Manuscript Due: August 10, 2007

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/