Subject: [Mip4] Document Action: 'Mobile IPv4 Regional Registration' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:18:42 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Mobile IPv4 Regional Registration '
   <draft-ietf-mip4-reg-tunnel-04.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-reg-tunnel-04.txt

Technical Summary
 
  The document describes a mechanism for reducing the number of round-trip

  registrations to a Mobile IP Home Agent with the introduction of a new
  network node, the Gateway Foreign Agent.  Mobility within the domain of
  the Gateway Foreign Agent can be handled by local signaling.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  The draft was originally produced and reviewed in the old Mobile IP
  working group but is now a product of the mip4 working group.

Protocol Quality

  The document was reviewed for protocol quality by Pete McCann,
  co-chair of MIP4 WG. The specification has also been reviewed 
  for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman and Jari Arkko.

Note to RFC Editor
 
  Please insert the following new paragraph at the end
  of the security considerations section:

    "A co-operating malicious MN-HA pair can trick the GFA into 
    setting up state for an incorrect MN home address. This would
    result in redirection of data of the node that actually owns
    that IP address to the malicious MN. Given that the forwarding
    happens based on the home address at the GFA, such an attack 
    is scoped to the prefix of the HA, not that of the GFA. This 
    type of attack, or its consequences, is not considered in 
    this document."

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/