Subject: [Mip4] IPSN'07 Competition

From: Ying Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 09:35:37 PST

Call For Participation

What: IPSN '07 Extreme Sensing Competition
When: April 25-27, 2007
Deadline: April 10, 2007
1st Prize: Nintendo Wii

Details: http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~whitehouse/ipsn07competition/

IPSN '07 will be hosting an Extreme Sensing competition
April 25-27, 2007.   Each team will need to build a sensor
system using five sensors or less that can count people
walking through a 10ft x 10ft arena.  In Phase 1, the arena
will be placed in a high traffic area and all teams will sense
normal foot traffic from conference attendees for a duration
of 10 minutes.  Points will be awarded for correct detections
and subtracted for false positives and false negatives.  In
Phase 2, each team must try to walk through the arena 10
times without being detected by their opponents' sensors, in
order to increase their own score while decreasing the scores
of their opponents.  Results will be broadcast live during
Phase 1, providing each team an opportunity to discern how
the other systems work and how they might fail.  For more
details about the competition, and how to enter, visit the
URL listed above.

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/