Subject: [Mip4] Call for Workshops: 4-th IEEE MASS 2007 (Oct. 8-11, Pisa, Italy)

From: "Nathalie Mitton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 09:21:06 +0100

Good morning everyone, 

Please find below a call for workshops proposals which would be held in
conjunction with MASS 2007 in October in Pisa, Italy. 

Workshops proposals submission deadline is February 9, 2007.

The deadline for submitting paper to MASS 2007
(http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/mass2007/) is March 31, 2007.

This message is cross-posted to several lists. Apologies for any duplicate
postings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-

                         CALL FOR WORKSHOPS PROPOSALS

  Fourth IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-Hoc and Sensor Systems

                                  MASS  2007 

                       (http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/mass2007/)

                        Pisa, Italy, October 8-11, 2007

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--

           **** Workshop Proposals Deadline --- February 9, 2007 ****

                                 Sponsored by

                        IEEE and IEEE Computer Society

                Co-sponsored by the IEEE TCCC and the IEEE TCPP

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--

IEEE MASS 2007 will be the fourth annual conference on the rapidly expanding

area of multi-hop wireless computing and sensor networking, and will provide

an exciting platform for discussing research vision of a digitally networked

wireless environment. 

The MASS Organizing Committee invites proposals for one-day workshops 

affiliated with the conference. 

The workshops will be held prior to, or after, the main conference.

The purpose of these workshops is to provide a platform for presenting novel

ideas and more specific research areas in a less formal and possibly more 

focused way than at the conference itself. 

Please visit http://www.cse.fau.edu/mass2006/workshops.html to view 

information on workshops held last year at MASS 2006.

Workshops Proposals are solicited in all areas and topics pertaining to 

ad-hoc wireless and sensor networking research and applications, including, 

but not limited to, theoretical performance bounds for ad-hoc networks, 

sensor and wireless network and application security/privacy, mesh networks,

middleware platforms and applications of specific techniques (e.g., control 

theory or biological networks) to wireless networks. 

We expect all selected workshops to adhere to a common paper submission and 

reviewing schedule outlined below. All papers included in the MASS 2007 

workshops will appear in the MASS 2007 Proceedings published by IEEE.

-------------------------------

Proposal Submission Guidelines:

-------------------------------

Each workshop proposal must include:

1. The name of the workshop.

2. The names, addresses, and a short bio (up to 200 words) of the 

   organizers (maximum up to three).

3. A brief description (up to 1 page) of the technical issues that the 

   workshop will address, and the reasons why the workshop is of interest 

   this time.

4. The names of potential participants, such as program committee members,

5. Planned format of the workshop, such as number of refereed papers, 

   keynotes, panels etc.

6. If appropriate, a description of past versions of the workshop, 

   including: number of submitted and accepted papers, number of attendees.

7. A description of the publicity plan.

8. A call for papers

9. The workshop website address

Workshop proposals should be submitted, no later than February 9, 2007, 

by e-mail (in PDF format) with "MASS 2007 Workshop Proposal" in the subject,

to BOTH MASS 2007 Workshop Co-chairs:

  Luciano Bononi

  Department of Computer Science, University of Bologna, Italy 

  Mura Anteo Zamboni 7, 40127, Bologna, Italy

  E-mail: [email-masked]

  and

  Archan Misra

  IBM T.J. Watson Research Center

  19 Skyline Drive, Room 2N-B18

  Hawthorne, NY 10532

  Email: [email-masked]

----------------

IMPORTANT DATES:

----------------

Proposals submission deadline:          February 9, 2007

Acceptance/Reject notification:         February 21, 2007

Papers due by:                          April 30, 2005

Paper selections due by:                July 15, 2007

Final papers due to IEEE:               August 10, 2007

--

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/