Subject: [Mip4] CFP: Internet of Things 2008 - Preliminary Announcement and Call for Papers

From: Marc Langheinrich - IOT 2008 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 12:01:23 +0200

apologies if you receive multiple copies. see signature to unsubscribe.

  -----------------------------------------------------------------

           **********************************************
            Preliminary Announcement and Call for Papers
           **********************************************
  
                       INTERNET OF THINGS 2008
  
         International Conference for Industry and Academia
               March 26-28, 2008, Zurich (Switzerland)
       Organized by ETH Zurich, University St.Gallen, and MIT
  
                   www.internet-of-things-2008.org
  
  The  term  "Internet  of Things" has come to describe a number of
  technologies and research disciplines that enable the Internet to
  reach  out  into the real world of physical objects. Technologies
  like RFID, short-range wireless communications, real-time locali-
  zation, and sensor networks are now becoming increasingly common,
  bringing  the  Internet of Things into commercial use. They fore-
  shadow  an  exciting  future that closely interlinks the physical
  world  and cyberspace -- a development that is highly relevant to
  researchers, corporations, and individuals.
  
  This conference will be the first that brings leading researchers
  and  practitioners  from  both  academia and industry together to
  facilitate  sharing  of applications, research results, and know-
  ledge.  The three-day event will feature keynotes from industrial
  and academic visionaries, technical presentations of cutting-edge
  research,  reports  on  the user-experience from seasoned practi-
  tioners,  panel discussions on hot topics, poster sessions summa-
  rizing  late-breaking  results,  and  hands-on  demos  of current
  technology.
  
  Be sure to mark your calendars if you want to know more about:

   * Novel services and applications in an Internet of Things (IOT)
   * Emerging IOT business models and process changes
   * Communication systems and network architectures for the IOT
   * Technologies and concepts for embedding sensing, actuation,
     communication, and computation into networked things
   * Experience reports from the introduction and operation of net-
     worked things in areas such as healthcare, logistics & transport
   * Security & privacy aspects of IOT infrastructures & applications

         For more information and an advanced agenda, visit
                   www.internet-of-things-2008.org
  
  Scientific  contributions  are  expected  to  be published in the
  Springer  LNCS  series.  We  are  particularly interested in work
  addressing  real-world  implementation and deployment issues. For
  submission  instructions  and  further  information, see the full
  call at: www.internet-of-things-2008.org/cfp/ 

  ------------------------------------------------------------------
  Important Dates:

  - Sep. 15, 2007  Technical papers submissions deadline
  - Oct. 20, 2007  Workshop/tutorials/demo proposals due
  - Nov. 15, 2007  Technical papers acceptance notifications
  - Nov. 30, 2007  Workshop/tutorials/demo acceptance notification
  - Dec. 10, 2007  Technical papers camera-ready version due
  ------------------------------------------------------------------

  General Chairs:
  ---------------
  * Elgar Fleisch, ETH Zurich & University St.Gallen
  * Friedemann Mattern, ETH Zurich
  * Sanjay Sarma, MIT

  Program Chairs:
  ---------------
  * Christian Floerkemeier, MIT
  * Marc Langheinrich, ETH Zurich

  Workshops and Demos Chair:
  --------------------------
  * Florian Michahelles, ETH Zurich

  Industrial Program Chair:
  -------------------------
  * Ulrich Eisert, SAP Research

  Scientific Program Committee 
  ----------------------------
  Karl Aberer (EPFL), Manfred Aigner (Technical Univ. Graz),
  Michael Beigl (Braunschweig Univ.), Alastair Beresford (Cambridge
  Univ.), Peter Cole (Univ. of Adelaide), Nigel Davies (Lancaster
  Univ.), Jean-Pierre Émond (Univ. of Florida), Alois Ferscha
  (Univ. of Linz), Elgar Fleisch (ETH Zurich & Univ. St.Gallen),
  Anatole Gershman (CMU), Bill C. Hardgrave (Univ. of Arkansas),
  Mark Harrison (Cambridge Univ.), Ralf Guido Herrtwich
  (DaimlerChysler), Lutz Heuser (SAP Research), Lorenz Hilty (Univ.
  of St.Gallen), Thomas Hof-mann (Google Labs Zurich), Michael ten
  Hompel (FHG Logistik), Ryo Imura (Hitachi & Univ. of Tokyo), Sozo
  Inoue (Kyushu Univ.), Yuri Ivanov (MERL), Günter Karjoth (IBM
  Research Zurich), Wolfgang Kellerer (NTT DoCoMo European Research
  Labs), Daeyoung Kim (ICU), Kwangjo Kim (ICU), Tim Kindberg (HP
  Labs Bristol), Gerd Kortuem (Lancaster Univ.), Anthony LaMarca
  (Intel Research Seattle), Hau Lee (Stanford Univ.), Friedemann
  Mattern (ETH Zurich), Hao Min (Fudan Univ.), Jin Mitsugi (Keio
  Univ.), Paul Moskowitz (IBM Watson Research Center), Jun Murai
  (Keio Univ.), Osamu Nakamura (Keio Univ.), Paddy Nixon (Univ. 
  College Dublin), Thomas Odenwald (SAP Research), Joe Paradiso
  (MIT), Aaron Quigley (Univ. College Dublin), Hartmut Raffler
  (Siemens Corporate Technology), Matt Reynolds (Georgia Tech),
  Antonio Rizzi (Univ. Parma), Sanjay Sarma (MIT), Albrecht Schmidt
  (Fraunhofer IAIS & B-IT Bonn), Bernd Scholz-Reiter (Univ. of
  Bremen), James Scott (Microsoft Research Cambridge), Ted Selker
  (MIT), Andrea Soppera (BT Research), Sarah Spiekerman (Humboldt
  Univ. Berlin), Frédéric Thiesse (Univ. of St.Gallen), Khai
  Truong (Univ. of Toronto), Kristof Van Laerhoven (Darmstadt Univ.
  of Technology), Harald Vogt (SAP Research), Wolfgang Wahlster
  (DFKI), Kamin Whitehouse (Univ. of Virginia), John Williams (MIT). 
 
-- 
For more information see:  www.internet-of-things-2008.org
Questions? Want no e-mails? Contact us: <[email-masked]>

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/