Subject: [Mip4] CFP: SenseID - Convergence of RFID and Wireless Sensor Networks and their Applications, Sydney, Australia, November 6-9, 2007

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 14:19:14 +0200

------------------------------------------------------------------------
We apologize if you received multiple copies of this posting.
Please feel free to distribute it to those who might be interested.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
ACM SenSys 2007
The 5th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems
November 6-9, 2007, Sydney, Australia
 
Call for Papers
 
SenseID: 
Convergence of RFID and Wireless Sensor Networks and their Applications
A one day workshop at the ACM SenSys'2007 conference
http://www.lifl.fr/POPS/SenseID2007
 
TOPICS 
We are witnessing an increasing trend towards integration of RFID and
wireless sensor networks technologies. On one hand, new generations of RFID
tags, in particular active RFID tags, often include built-in sensing
capabilities. On the other hand, applications based on sensor network often
require means for unique identification and discovery of individual sensors
or objects, which are monitored by the sensor network. A typical scenario,
from the agriculture domain, is a herd monitoring, where every animal might
be equipped with an RFID tag and at the same time subject of the several
sensors measuring vital life and health parameters. 
Integration of sensor networks to the global database about physical objects
introduces a staggering amount of new application opportunities, as well as
demanding challenges in security and privacy.
Convergence of sensing and identification technologies, together with
deployment of a global IT and communication systems, can enable us to gain
impressive awareness about the state of the real world. This kind of
awareness, including identification of physical objects and their context,
can drastically change the way we interact with our environment. Logistics,
telemedicine, environmental monitoring, home applications and control,
security and surveillance, industrial applications like process industry
automation and agricultural applications are examples of potential
applications of real-world aware systems.
At the same time, possibility of building a global distributed database,
capable of delivering information about both the nature and the state of
every physical object can lead to an ultimate Big Brother scenario.
Therefore, a particular care has to be taken in order to provide appropriate
security and privacy control mechanisms.
 
OBJECTIVES OF THE WORKSHOP: 
The workshop aims to provide a forum for presentation and discussion of the
solutions integrating RFID and wireless sensor networks as well as
challenges related to their implementation and deployment. 
We would like to solicit contributions that discuss design and
implementations issues related to the heterogeneous systems relying on RFID
and sensor network technology. We are particularly interested in discussion
of challenges related to: 
*	integration of RFID and wireless sensor networks systems
*	support for non-functional properties, such as availability,
security, reliability and quality of service
*	acquisition and aggregation of sensor and RFID information
*	design and implementation challenges in the hybrid RFID/WSN systems
*	Integrated RFID and WSN as mobile network services?
 
Topics of interest include but are not limited to: 
*       active RFID tags and their applications
*       convergence of RFID and WSN architectures and protocols
*       targeted data acquisition from the sensor networks
*       security and privacy challenges introduced by the WSN and RFID
convergence
*       data gathering, transport, storage, retrieval, mining and
dissemination 
*       data analysis and visualisation
*       experimental systems and demonstrations
*       middleware implementations
*       challenges in deployment, maintenance and operation of RFID/WSN
systems
*       new application scenarios and use cases
*       integration with existing communication systems
*       reliability and quality of service
*       integration of information from sensors and RFID into applications 
*       design and implementation challenges in real-world aware systems
 
We expect concise papers presenting various theoretical and practical
aspects of the integration of RFID and sensor networks, written from both
academic and industrial perspective. Papers must be original, unpublished
work not under consideration elsewhere. All submissions will be handled
electronically and must be in PDF format. Papers must not exceed 6 pages (US
"Letter" size, 8.5 x 11 inches) including all material (text, figures and
references). The font size must be at least 10 points. Papers should be in
two-column format with no more than 59 lines of text per column and at least
0.75" margins on all sides. All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed.
Further instruction regarding the submission process can be found on the
workshop web site: http://www.lifl.fr/POPS/SenseID2007
 
IMPORTANT DATES
Paper submission deadline: 20/07/2007
Notification of paper acceptance: 20/08/2007
Camera ready paper copy: 30/08/2007
 
WORKSHOP CO-Chairs
Dr Srdjan Krco, Ericsson Ltd, Ireland
Prof. David Simplot-Ryl, INRIA-University of Lille, France
Dr Konrad Wrona, SAP Research, France
 
TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
See website.
-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/