Subject: [Mip4] About FA-COA

From: "John.zhao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 10:14:31 +0800

Hi,folks

         My 1 cents.

         I feel some confusion. The co-located can be used to communication
to others mobile node, right? But FA-COA can be used to achieve this goal
,right? It can only be used to play the role of the node on the side of the
tunnel between FA and HA?

         Best Rgds,

Thanks,

John.zhao

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/

---

From: "Tsirtsis, George" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 07:41:14 -0700

Hi John,

The FA-CoA is shared between all mobiles under a given FA, so it does
not belong to any of them and can not be used by them as source address.
Instead the CoA, belongs to the FA, so only the FA can use it as source
address.

Since the Co-located CoA belongs to a single mobile, it can, as you
correctly say be used as source address by that mobile.

Best Regards

George

________________________________

From: John.zhao [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 3:15 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mip4] About FA-COA

Hi,folks

         My 1 cents.

         I feel some confusion. The co-located can be used to
communication to others mobile node, right? But FA-COA can be used to
achieve this goal ,right? It can only be used to play the role of the
node on the side of the tunnel between FA and HA?

         Best Rgds,

Thanks,

John.zhao