Subject: [Mip4] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mip4-gen-ext-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Mobile IPv4 Extension for Configuration Options Exchange
	Author(s)	: J. Bharatia, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mip4-gen-ext-02.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2007-5-1
	
This document describes the mechanism for providing the host
   configuration information during Mobile IP registration.  One or more
   Configuration Options Exchange Extensions may be included in the
   registration message to provide the Mobile Node the configuration
   parameters needed for network service (e.g.  DNS).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-gen-ext-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-mip4-gen-ext-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-gen-ext-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/

---

From: "McCann Peter-A001034" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 11:22:40 -0400

Jayshree,

Thanks for turning around the edit.

Unfortunately, I don't think we are quite done yet: I think the IANA 
considerations are a bit skimpy. You should mention all the new
registries 
that this document creates, including the Entity Type field and the
Sub-Type field.
Right now the only thing there is the assignment of the Extension value.
You may also want to mention that the "OpCode" space is borrowed
completely
from DHCP.

Please insert the two new registries in the IANA considerations and
resubmit.
When that is done I will forward the document to the IESG.

-Pete

[email-masked] wrote:
>    configuration information during Mobile IP registration.  One or
>    more Configuration Options Exchange Extensions may be included in
>    the registration message to provide the Mobile Node the
>    configuration parameters needed for network service (e.g.  DNS).
> 
> [email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body
> of the message.  
> logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then "get
> draft-ietf-mip4-gen-ext-02.txt".   
> 
> http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt  
>

---

From: "Jayshree Bharatia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 10:55:39 -0500

Hi Pete,

Thanks for this information. I will update the document for this and
submit it shortly.

Regards,
Jayshree
-----Original Message-----
From: McCann Peter-A001034 [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 10:23 AM
To: Bharatia, Jayshree (RICH1:2H10); Chowdhury, Kuntal; Avi Lior; Kent
Leung (kleung)
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Mip4] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mip4-gen-ext-02.txt

Jayshree,

Unfortunately, I don't think we are quite done yet: I think the IANA 
considerations are a bit skimpy. You should mention all the new
registries 
that this document creates, including the Entity Type field and the
Sub-Type field. Right now the only thing there is the assignment of the
Extension value. You may also want to mention that the "OpCode" space is
borrowed completely from DHCP.

Please insert the two new registries in the IANA considerations and
resubmit. When that is done I will forward the document to the IESG.

-Pete

[email-masked] wrote:
> directories. This draft is a work item of the Mobility for IPv4 
> Working Group of the IETF.
>