Subject: [Mip4] draft-doswald-robert-mip4-btn-fmipv4-00.txt

From: "DOSWALD Alistair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:13:09 +0200

Hello,

I've recently uploaded a relatively short draft concerning fast
handovers for Mobile IPv4. Its title is "Better Than Nothing Mobile IPv4
Fast Handovers" (draft-doswald-robert-mip4-btn-fmipv4-00.txt, url:
http://www.tools.ietf.org/html/draft-doswald-robert-mip4-btn-fmipv4-00).
Here's the abstract: 

Proposed fast handover solutions for Mobile IPv4 depend on the
presence of Foreign Agents (FA) in the networks between which the
Mobile Node (MN) moves to ensure their operation.  However, in many
situations the MN moves into networks without FAs.  This document
proposes a solution that includes fast handover mechanisms involving
a direct connection to the Home Agent (HA).  This solution is not a
full fledged fast handover proposal, but rather a complement to RFC
4881: Low-Latency Handovers in Mobile IPv4, and RFC 4988: Mobile IPv4
Fast Handover.

The idea is basically to have faster handovers when moving between
networks that don't have an FA, or when only one of the networks has an
FA. If you have time to read it, I'd appreciate comments, suggestions
and criticisms.

Sincerely,

Alistair Doswald
-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/