Subject: [Mip4] Protocol Action: 'Mobile IPv4 Traversal Across IPsec-based VPN Gateways' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 13:01:02 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Mobile IPv4 Traversal Across IPsec-based VPN Gateways '
   <draft-ietf-mip4-vpn-problem-solution-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-vpn-problem-solution-05.txt

Technical Summary
 
  This document outlines a solution for the Mobile IPv4 and IPsec
  coexistence problem for enterprise users.  The solution consists of
  an applicability statement for using Mobile IPv4 and IPsec for
  session mobility in corporate remote access scenarios, and a required
  mechanism for detecting the trusted internal network securely. The
  solution requires only changes to the mobile node; changes to Mobile
  IPv4 or IPsec protocols, the VPN gateway, or the home agent are not
  required.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  This is a product of the MIP4 WG, and has the backing of the
  WG. It has emerged from the work done by the VPN traversal
  design team.

Protocol Quality
 
  This specification has been reviewed by Henrik Levkowetz, Vijay
  Deverapalli, Jari Arkko, and members of the MIP4 WG.

Note to RFC Editor
 
  In Section 5.2, change:

  OLD:
   The overhead consists of the following:
  NEW:
   The maximum overhead of 97 octets in the 'cvc' access mode
   consists of the following: 

  Also, please change s/abovementioned/above mentioned and
  s/untypical/atypical throughout the document.

  Add to the end of the IANA Considerations section:

    Allocation of new Sub-Type values can be made via
    Expert Review and Specification Required [I-D.narten-iana-
    considerations-rfc2434bis].

  And add draft-narten as a new normative reference.

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/