Subject: [Mip4] Hii..

From: "Sarika Manepalli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 21:53:50 -0500

Hi Everyone,
                  I am Sarika doing research on combined Mobile IPv4
and IPv6 networks. I am trying to analyze when a mobile node moves
from IPv4 network to IPv6 network. For this I am configuring on Cisco
routers but I am unable to do with the configurations I have. If you
have any configurations or any website regarding this issue please let me
know, it would be much helpful.

Thank you in advance

Regards,
Sarika
--
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/

---

From: Ravi Bhagavatula <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 08:19:30 -0700

Dear Sarika,

Can you please elaborate on "combined mobile IPv4 and IPv6 networks"?
Are you considering the registration of the mobile node to its home 
network via multiple foreign agents/networks? As far as I remember, 
there is a weight of sorts that is associated with each registration 
path (MN -- FA -- HA), and the MN would pick the one with the highest 
(or lowest) weight. We had done this with multiple IPv4 paths, but 
should be simple to extend it to IPv6 networks too.

Thanks,
Ravi B