Subject: [Mip4] BCP 136, RFC 5266 on Secure Connectivity and Mobility Using Mobile IPv4 and IKEv2 Mobility and Multihoming (MOBIKE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 15:17:21 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 136        
        RFC 5266

        Title:      Secure Connectivity and Mobility Using 
                    Mobile IPv4 and IKEv2 Mobility and 
                    Multihoming (MOBIKE) 
        Author:     V. Devarapalli, P. Eronen
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       June 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 33186
        See Also:   BCP0136

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mip4-mobike-connectivity-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5266.txt

Enterprise users require mobility and secure connectivity when they
roam and connect to the services offered in the enterprise.  Secure
connectivity is required when the user connects to the enterprise
from an untrusted network.  Mobility is beneficial when the user
moves, either inside or outside the enterprise network, and acquires
a new IP address.  This document describes a solution using Mobile
IPv4 (MIPv4) and mobility extensions to IKEv2 (MOBIKE) to provide
secure connectivity and mobility.  This document specifies an 
Internet Best Current Practices for the Internet Community, and 
requests discussion and suggestions for improvements.

This document is a product of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/