Subject: [Mip4] ACM SenSys 2008: Call for Posters and Demos

From: Liqian Luo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 11:30:23 -0700

*** We apologize in advance if you receive multiple copies of this CfP ***

============================================================================
ACM SenSys 2008: Call for Posters and Demos
The 6th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems
November 5-7, 2008
Raleigh, NC, USA
http://sensys.acm.org/2008/
============================================================================

Overview Demonstrations

Sensys 2008 solicits demonstrations showing innovative research and
applications. Sensys is interested in demonstrations of technology,
platforms, algorithms and applications of wireless sensor
networks. The demo session will provide researchers the opportunity to
demonstrate their work and obtain feedback from interested conference
attendees. Submissions from both industry and universities are
encouraged. Demos will be evaluated based on technical merit and
innovation as well as their potential to stimulate interesting
discussions and exchange of ideas. Accepted demos will appear in
Sensys proceedings.

Overview Posters

Sensys 2008 solicits posters showing exciting early work on sensor
systems. While the poster need not describe completed work, it should
report on research for which at least preliminary results are
available. Submissions from both industry and universities are
encouraged. Posters will be evaluated based on technical merit and
innovation as well as their potential to stimulate interesting
discussions and exchange of ideas. Accepted posters will appear in
Sensys proceedings.

Important dates:

Demo and poster submission deadline:  July 25th, 2008
Notification of acceptance :          August  8th, 2008
Camera-ready abstract:                August 22th, 2008

Topics of Interest:
- Sensor network architecture and protocols
- Rich sensor systems leveraging RFID, mobile devices (e.g., cell phones), cameras,
  robotics, etc.
- Analysis of real-world systems and fundamental limits
- Sensor network planning, provisioning, calibration and deployment
- Deployment experience and testbeds
- Experimental methods, including measurement, simulation, and emulation infrastructure
- Programming methodology
- Operating systems
- Sensor network algorithms such as localization, routing, time synchronization,
  clustering, topology control, and coverage control algorithms
- Failure resilience and fault isolation
- Energy management
- Data, information, and signal processing
- Data storage and management
- Distributed actuation and control
- Applications
- Security and privacy
- Integration with back-end systems such as web-based information systems,
  process control, and Enterprise software

Submission Instructions for Demonstrations:

Demo abstracts must be formatted according to the ACM conference
proceedings style with a font size of at least 10 points in PDF
format. Style format is identical to main conference submissions. Demo
abstracts may not exceed 2 pages and should be submitted by email to
whitehouse AT cs . Virginia . edu with a subject line reading SENSYS
2008 DEMO SUBMISSION

Demo Co-Chairs:
Kamin Whitehouse (UVa)
Yunhao Liu (HKUST)

Submission Instructions for Posters:

Poster abstracts must be formatted according to the ACM conference
proceedings style with a font size of at least 10 points in PDF
format. Style format is identical to main conference
submissions. Poster abstracts may not exceed 2 pages and should be
submitted by email to tianhe @ cs . umn . edu with a subject line
reading SENSYS 2008 POSTER SUBMISSION

Poster Co-Chairs:
Phillipe Bonnet (U. Copenhagen)
Tian He (UMN)

-- 
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/