Subject: [Mip4] IEEE PerCom 2009: Call for Demos

From: Andrea Passarella <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 14:15:06 +0100

[Our apologies for possible duplicates]
---------------------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR DEMOS

Seventh Annual IEEE International Conference
on Pervasive Computing and Communications
IEEE PerCom 2009
http://www.percom.org/

Sponsored by IEEE, IEEE Computer Society and
the University of Texas at Arlington

9-13 March 2009, Galveston, TX

PerCom 2009 will provide a high profile, leading edge forum for
researchers and engineers to present their latest research in the
field of pervasive computing and communications.
Real experimentation has proven to be a fundamental methodology
to evaluate pervasive computing and communication systems.
Early prototyping is an outstanding way to understand real user
requirements and help adoption of pervasive technologies
by the mass market.

The demo session showing real-systems prototypes at work will naturally
complement the technical session, thus stimulating discussions among
attendees.

Demonstration proposals from both academia and industry are sought.

********************* HIGHLIGHTS *******************************
*
* - Authors of all accepted demos will be invited to provide a
*   SHORT DEMO PAPER (3 pages) describing the demo features.
*   Short demo papers will be included in the PerCom proceedings.
*
* - PerCom 2009 will grant a "Best Demo Award" based on both the
*   technical contribution and the innovation.
*
* - At least one author of each accepted demo is required
*   to register and present their demo at the conference.
*
****************************************************************

Demo proposals must show a significant relevance to pervasive
computing and networking. The page limit is 3 IEEE conference
proceedings format 2-column pages (including references, figures
and tables, at least 10pt font). More details may be found at
http://www.percom.org/demo.html.
All submitted papers will undergo a rigorous review process.

Demo proposals must describe the demo research framework, and what
PerCom attendees will be able to enjoy and experiment.
The proposal MUST also include the technical requirements for the
demo. These pieces of information will be taken into
consideration, together with the technical value of the proposed
demo, in the review process, to ensure the demo feasibility within
the PerCom program and the potential impact on the attendees.
Demo proposals must be submitted as a SINGLE PDF FILE via e-mail
to the demo chair ([email-masked]), with Subject: PerCom
2009 Demo Submission.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

- Ad Hoc networks for pervasive communications
- Autonomic computing and communications
- Context aware computing
- Enabling technologies (e.g., wireless BAN, PAN)
- Low power and green pervasive computing
- Middleware services and agent technologies
- Mobile/Wireless computing systems and services in pervasive computing
- Novel/innovative pervasive computing applications
- Pervasive computing and communication architectures
- Pervasive computing in the automotive domain
- Pervasive opportunistic communications and applications
- Pervasive sensing, perception and semantic interpretation
- Positioning and tracking technologies
- Programming paradigms for pervasive systems
- Sensor and RFID in pervasive systems
- Smart devices and intelligent environments
- Trust, security and privacy issues in pervasive systems
- User interfaces and interaction models
- Virtual immersive communications
- Wearable computers

Important Dates (preliminary):

Submission deadline:       23 November 2008
Acceptance notification:   19 December 2008
Camera-ready deadline:     7  January 2009
Conference date:           9-13 March 2009

Andrea Passarella
IEEE PerCom 2009 Demo Chair

--
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/