Subject: [Mip4] AD review of mip4-service

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:15:07 +0200

I've done my AD review on this document. I have one technical problem 
and two minor editorial issues:

The technical issue is the specification for the service index in 
Section 3. It was not possible for me to understand how the involved 
nodes employ this field and what they should do with it. In addition, 
the specification differs from RFC 5149 which did not have such a 
functionality. My recommended resolution is to remove the field.

>    o  In absence of a specifically indicated service the home agent MUST
This does not feel logically a part of the bulleted list. Please make it 
a regular paragraph.

> may restricts

may restrict

Can these three issues addressed in a new revision of the spec?

Jari

--
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:00:55 +0100

Hi Jari,

> and two minor editorial issues:

Thanks for the review!

> functionality. My recommended resolution is to remove the field.

Right. The Index was a recent addition and I have no problem of
removing it.

> This does not feel logically a part of the bulleted list. 

Ok.

> may restrict

Ok.

> Can these three issues addressed in a new revision of the spec?

Yes. Will ship a revised I-D asap.

> Jari

Cheers,
	Jouni

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 07:53:02 +0200

The new version looks good. I've sent it forward to IETF Last Call.

Jari