Subject: [Mip4] INSS 2009: Call for Workshop Proposals

From: "Liqian Luo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 22:54:35 -0800

**********************************************************************
                      Call for Workshop Proposals

                    Sixth International Conference
               on Networked Sensing Systems (INSS 2009)

                           June 17-19, 2009
                      Carnegie Mellon University
                          Pittsburgh, PA, USA
                       http://www.inss-conf.org/
                        Sponsored by TRF, IEEE
**********************************************************************

We invite proposals for the workshop program of INSS 2009, the Sixth
International Conference on Networked Sensing Systems to be held in
Pittsburgh at Carnegie Mellon University.

During the past years, INSS has established itself as THE scientific
event where academic and industrial experts from the areas of sensor
systems, wireless networks, and sensor network applications come
together. Workshops provide a lively forum for experts from both
academia and industry to discuss and exchange the latest topics in
these areas. The topics may focus on any aspect of the research field:
new and emerging research directions, novel and highly innovative
themes, real-world topics including industrial deployments and
applications, and interdisciplinary themes. The goal of the workshops
is to share insights and experiences, to foster research communities
and to fertilize collaborations between the experts from both science
and industry. Workshops are a unique platform for opportunities to
extend topics beyond the scope of the main conference and to pave
the roads for future directions in order to facilitate the
accelerating progress in networked sensing systems.

Workshops will be typically full day or half day. The workshop
organization will be also prepared for very practical workshops
including live demonstration and experiments with networked sensing
systems and will try for best provision of an appropriate
infrastructure support.

Important Dates
---------------
For workshop proposals:
Submission Deadline (workshop proposals): January 20, 2009
Acceptance Notification (workshop proposals): January 27, 2009
Workshop Announcement: February 1, 2009

For workshop papers (preliminary recommendations):
Submission Deadline: March 1, 2009
Workshops: June 19, 2009

Proposal Content
----------------
We solicit workshops in all areas related to networked sensing systems.
In particular, we would like to encourage proposals for workshops,
which act as a melting pot for the research effort on novel and
innovative topics. We encourage having an international team of
organizers and teams with experts from academia and industry.
Organizers are expected to be active themselves in the field where
they propose a workshop. All proposals should be submitted by
electronic mail to the workshop chair in pdf format. The recommended
length of the workshop proposal is 2 pages, and should include:

- Title of the workshop.
- Brief technical abstract of the workshop, identification of specific
  technical issues, focus, and justification of its timeliness.
- Longer description on the format, activities, goals and outcomes.
  Please indicate the planning of demos, posters, discussion groups, etc.
- A brief description of the review process.
- The names, affiliations and e-mail addresses of the proposed
  workshop organizing committee. This committee should consist of at
  least two persons knowledgeable in the proposed topic.
- The names, affiliations and e-mail addresses of a preliminary
  workshop program committee.
- Primary contact of the organizing committee.
- Estimated number of participants, length, and timetable of the
  workshop.

Workshop Chair
------------------
Liqian Luo, Google, USA
[email-masked]

-------------------------
INSS 2009
http://www.inss-conf.org/
--
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/