Subject: [Mip4] EWSN 2009/CONET Master and PhD Thesis Awards

From: Jorge Sá Silva <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 00:17:53 -0000

EWSN 2009/CONET Master and PhD Thesis Awards

The Chairs of the 6th European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks (EWSN
2009) and the CONET Consortium are pleased to announce the Master and PhD
Thesis Award Competitions in the area of Cooperating Objects. The prize is
donated by CONET, the Cooperating Objects Network of Excellence, which is an
EU-funded project under ICT, Framework 7 (for more information refer to
http://www.cooperating-objects.eu).

Cooperating Objects combine the strong functional aspects of embedded
systems, pervasive computing and wireless sensor networks and consist,
therefore, of individual entities or objects that jointly strive to reach a
common goal, which will typically be a goal in sensing or control, and are
dynamically and loosely federating themselves for cooperation, taking care
not to overtax their available resources.

Theses eligible for the competition have to be completed at an official
European university (EU and EFTA) between 1/JAN and 31/DEC/2008. Candidates
must submit the following materials (in English) in electronic format until
23/JAN/2009:

•             Application letter, including the name of the student, the
title of the thesis and its date of completion, the date of the defense and
the overall grade, and a report on the outstanding contributions of the
thesis discriminating the list of publications derived from research related
to the thesis and of which the candidate is the sole or primary author
(mandatory for PhD Theses, optional for Master Theses).

•             Letter of recommendation from Advisor.

•             The thesis itself.

Submission of a single document file in PDF format must be done thru EDAS at
http://www.edas.info. 

The award will be assessed by CONET members. Criteria for selecting the
winner are scientific originality, scientific significance for the field of
Cooperating Objects, quality of the presentation and potential for practical
application. Each category of thesis (MSc or PhD) will have separate prizes
assigned by separate academic and industrial juries, for a total of 4
prizes:

•             MSc Academic – 250 Euros

•             MSc Industrial – 250 Euros

•             PhD Academic – 500 Euros

•             PhD Industrial – 500 Euros

The jury can decide not to award some of the prizes if the quality or
significance of the submitted works is not relevant. 

The winners of each category will be awarded at the EWSN 2009 dinner on
February 12th. 

No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG. 
Version: 7.5.552 / Virus Database: 270.10.3/1879 - Release Date: 06-01-2009
17:16
 
--
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/