Subject: [Mip4] Call For Papers INSS 2009

From: Hubert Krause <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 11:37:48 +0100

[Our apologies if you receive multiple postings of this CFP]

Paper Submissions Due: January 9th, 2009

**********************************************************************
Call For Papers

Sixth International Conference on Networked Sensing Systems (INSS 2009)

http://www.inss-conf.org/2009/

June 17 - 19, 2009
Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, USA

Sponsor: Transducer Research Foundation
Technical Sponsor: IEEE

**********************************************************************

During the past years, the International Conference on Networked
Sensing Systems (INSS) has established itself as THE scientific
event where academic and industrial experts from the areas of sensor
systems, wireless networks, and sensor network applications come
together. The INSS provides a forum to hear about the latest
developments in these areas, to exchange ideas, and to start up
collaborations within these fields and between industry and
academia.

Call for Scientific Contributions
---------------------------------
INSS 2009 is the sixth annual conference in the series, and features
a highly selective technical program. We invite outstanding research
papers from the field of sensor technology, wireless networking, or
application of networked sensor systems. The conference especially
encourages submissions that investigate research issues shared
between all three areas.

INSS 2009 invites the submission of regular, short, and industry
papers. All submissions will be peer-reviewed and evaluated on the
basis of originality, significance of contribution, technical
correctness, and presentation. Papers submitted must not be under
simultaneous review for any other conference, journal, workshop, or
other publication. All accepted papers will be published from the
Society of Instrument and Control Engineers (SICE), and also from
IEEE Explore.

Regular/Short Paper Track
---------------------------------
Regular papers must be 4-8 pages long (two-column format) and
include an abstract of 100-150 words. Short papers must be 2-4 pages
long (two-column format) and include an abstract of 100-150 words.
All papers should be formatted according to the "IEEE transactions"
format. Short papers are suitable for interactive discussions; the
presenters of accepted short papers are given short oral
presentation times. Topics of regular paper track include but are
not limited to:

* Applications of Networked Sensing Systems
* Prototypes, Field Studies & Testbeds for Networked Sensing Systems
* Safety and Security of Networked Sensing Systems
* Data Management for Networked Sensing Systems
* Middleware for Networked Sensing Systems
* Communication Protocols
* Sensor Phenomena and Modeling
* Sensors and Sensing Systems
* Materials, Fabrication, and Packaging of Sensors

Industry Paper Track
---------------------------------

INSS 2009 continues the industry track. Experts from industry are
encouraged to publish their work at INSS 2009 and to have a lively
exchange of their experiences with conference attendees.  Industry
papers are suitable for industry researchers to present not only
technical, but also practical issues surrounding production,
deployment, and commercialization of networked sensing technology.
Industry papers must be 2-4 pages long (two-column format) and include
an abstract of 100-150 words. All papers should be formatted according
to the "IEEE transactions" format. The submitted industry papers will
be reviewed by industry track TPC members. Accepted industry papers
will be presented in the main conference's industry track session
given full oral presentation times. The industry track aims at
providing a forum among practitioners, developers, and researchers to
discuss practical issues including but not limited to:

* Designing networked sensing systems for commercial applications
* Service models and architectures for successful deployments
* Production engineering for networked sensing systems Evaluation of
* Networked sensing systems in practical applications

Important Dates
---------------

Paper Registrations Due: January 9th, 2009 (IMPORTANT!)
Paper Upload Due: January 9th, 2009
Notification of Acceptance: April 1st, 2009
Camera-Ready Papers: April 17th, 2009
Conference Dates: June 17 - 19, 2009

Important Dates for Industry Track
------------------------------------

Paper Submissions Due: January 17, 2009
Notification of Acceptance: April 1st, 2009
Camera-Ready Papers: April 17th, 2009

Organization
------------
General Co-chairs:
Raj Rajkumar, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Hide Tokuda, Keio University, Japan

Program Co-Chairs:
Tian He, University of Minnesota, USA
Tamal Mukherjee, Carnegie Mellon University, USA

Program Vice-chairs:
Hidekata Hontani, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan
Christian Decker, University of Karlsruhe, Germany

Publicity Chairs:
Rahul Mangharam, University of Pennsylvania, USA
Hiroyuki Shinoda, University of Tokyo, Japan
Hartmut Hillmer, Universitat Kassel, Germany

Industry Track Program Chairs:
Darrin Young, Case Western Reserve University, USA
Narito Kurata, Kajima, Japan
Peter Boda, Nokia Research Center Palo Alto, USA

Publication Chair
Razvan Beuran, NICT, Japan

Program Committee:
Tarek Abdelzaher, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, USA
Michael Beigl, TU Braunschweig, Germany
Jan Beutel, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Srdjan Capkun, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Arjan Durresi, Louisiana State University, USA
Steven Garverick, Case Western Reserve University, USA
Lin Gu, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Hartmut Hillmer, University of Kassel, Germany
Satoshi Honda, Keio University, Japan
Hidekata Hontani, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan
Hideto Iwaoka, Kanazawa Institute of Technology, Japan
Yoshihiro Kawahara, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Hideyuki Kawashima, University of Tsukuba, Japan
Daeyoung Kim, Information and Communications University, Korea
Satoshi Kurihara, Osaka University, Japan
Marc Langheinrich, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Hyunyoung Lee, University of Denver, USA
Yonghe Liu, UT Arlington, USA
Pedro Jose Marron, University of Bonn, Germany
Masateru Minami, University of Tokyo, Japan
Jin Nakazawa, Keio University, Japan
Adrian Perrig, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Marcelo Pias, Cambridge University, UK
Kay Roemer, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Silvia Santini, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Shivakumar Sastry, The University of Akron, USA
Jochen Schiller, FU Berlin, Germany
Hiroyuki Shinoda, University of Tokyo, Japan
Sang Son, University of Virginia, USA
Niwat Thepvilojanapong, Tokyo Denki University, Japan
Yoshito Tobe, Tokyo Denki University, Japan
Kristof Van Laerhoven, TU Darmstadt, Germany
Dan Wang, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
Lan Wang, University of Memphis, USA
Kamin Whitehouse, University of Virginia, USA
Hongyi Wu University of Louisiana at Lafayette,USA
Bin Xiao, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
Andrew Yeh, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
Darrin Young, Case Western Reserve University, USA
Zhi-Li Zhang, University of Minnesota, USA
Gang Zhou, College of William and Mary,USA
--
Mip4 mailing list: [email-masked]
    Web interface: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip4
     Charter page: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mip4-charter.html
Supplemental site: http://www.mip4.org/