Subject: [Mip4] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5454 (1720)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 11:40:32 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5454,
"Dual-Stack Mobile IPv4".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5454&eid=1720

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: 3.6,pp.13/14

Original Text
-------------
   When IPv6 runs over an IPv4 tunnel, the IPv6 tunnel endpoints can
   treat the IPv4 tunnel as a single hop link as defined in [RFC4213].
   The two tunnel endpoints, e.g., mobile node and home agent, MUST
   configure link-local IPv6 addresses as defined in Section 3.7 of
   [RFC4213], while they MUST also adhere to the neighbor discovery
   requirements of the same specification, Section 3.8, and the hop
|  limit requirements of Section 3.3.

Corrected Text
--------------
   When IPv6 runs over an IPv4 tunnel, the IPv6 tunnel endpoints can
   treat the IPv4 tunnel as a single hop link as defined in [RFC4213].
   The two tunnel endpoints, e.g., mobile node and home agent, MUST
   configure link-local IPv6 addresses as defined in Section 3.7 of
   [RFC4213], while they MUST also adhere to the neighbor discovery
   requirements of the same specification, Section 3.8, and the hop
|  limit requirements of Section 3.3 in [RFC4213].

Notes
-----
Rationale: The text should also make clear to which document
(this RFC or RFC 4213) the last section number given refers.
Pointing to RFC 4213 twice (but not in the final case) could be
misunderstood, in particular due to the presence of the comma in
front of the "and" in a two-item list.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5454 (draft-ietf-mip4-dsmipv4-10)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Dual-Stack Mobile IPv4
Publication Date    : March 2009
Author(s)           : G. Tsirtsis, V. Park, H. Soliman
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Mobility for IPv4
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG