Subject: [Mip4] CfP: IEEE WoWMoM Workshop on Sustainable Internet & Internet for Sustainability (SustaInet 2011)

From: "Ilaria Giannetti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 17:15:03 +0100 (CET)

[Our sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

                        PRELIMINARY CALL FOR PAPERS

                             SustaInet 2011

                    First International Workshop on

          Sustainable Internet and Internet for Sustainability

                  http://www.dinfo.unipa.it/sustainet/

                             sponsored by

                    IEEE, IEEE Computer Society

                  Co-located with IEEE WoWMoM 2011

                           June 20-24, 2011

                        Lucca, Tuscany, Italy

------------------------------------------------------------------------

****            SUBMISSION DEADLINE: JANUARY 31, 2011           *******

------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the last years, the increasing social awareness about the need for
containing energy consumption within sustainable rates has caught the
interest of both the industrial and academic communities. In this scenario
Internet - and more generally ICT - may play a twofold role, being both a
significant energy consumer and a potential actor in steering a more
clever overall usage of the energy resources.

Both aspects of the problem raise interesting scientific challenges and
require a comprehensive effort and inter-disciplinary research at all
levels of abstraction. The goal of this workshop is to bring together
people from different research areas, and provide a forum to exchange
ideas, discuss solutions, and share experiences among researchers,
professionals, and application developers both from industry and academia.

Original papers addressing both theoretical and practical aspects of
energy-awareness for Internet-based systems, and the design of distributed
systems for eco-sustainability are solicited. Topics of interest include
but are not limited to:

 - Power-aware Internet applications

 - Energy-efficient network architecture and protocols

 - Power-aware middleware and software

 - Resource management for power optimization

 - Energy efficiency and Quality of Service

 - Energy efficiency and reliability

 - Power management and energy-efficient design

 - Algorithms for reduced power, energy and heat

 - Pervasive computing for energy efficiency

 - Energy efficiency in large-scale distributed systems

 - Energy-efficient data centers

 - Energy-efficient buildings

 - Energy efficiency in industrial environments

 - Advances in energy savings thanks to ICT

 - Sustainability achievements due to ICT-based optimization

 - Monitoring tools for power and performance

 - Modeling and performance evaluation of green computing systems

 - Measurements

EDITORIAL FOLLOW-UP

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Papers of particular merit will be considered for a possible fast-track
publication in the Elsevier Journal of Computer Communications (COMCOM).

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION

------------------------------------------------------------------------

All submissions must describe original research, not published or
currently under review for another workshop, conference, or journal.

Papers must be submitted electronically through EDAS
(http://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=9973). Detailed submission instructions
will be made available at: http://www.dinfo.unipa.it/sustainet/.

*******************************************************************************

Accepted papers will be included in the proceedings of IEEE WoWMoM 2011
workshops and published in the IEEE Digital Library.

Submission implies the willingness of, at least, one author to register
and attend the workshop to present the paper. Registration is to the
entire event (there is no workshop-only registration).

The organizers reserve the right to exclude a paper from distribution
after the conference (e.g., removal from IEEE Xplore) if the paper is not
presented at the workshop.

********************************************************************************

IMPORTANT DATES

------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Manuscript submission deadline:      January 31, 2011.

- Manuscript acceptance notification:    March 28, 2011.

CONTACTS

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For further information, please visit the workshop website at
http://www.dinfo.unipa.it/sustainet/, or contact the TPC Chair at
[email-masked]

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

------------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL CO-CHAIRS

  Marco Conti, IIT-CNR, Italy

  Jean-Marc Pierson, University Paul Sabatier, Toulouse France

PROGRAM CHAIR

  Giuseppe Anastasi, University of Pisa, Italy

VICE PROGRAM CHAIR

  Marco Ortolani, University of Palermo, Italy

PUBLICITY CHAIR

  Ilaria Giannetti, University of Pisa, Italy

WEB MANAGER

  Marco Morana, University of Palermo, Italy

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE

  Ishfaq Ahmad, University of Texas at Arlington, USA

  Lachlan Andrew, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia

  Antonio Capone, Politecnico di Milano, Italy

  Ken Christensen, University of South Florida, USA

  Jon Crowcroft, University of Cambridge, UK

  Sajal K. Das, National Science Foundation, USA

  Hermann de Meer, University of Passau, Germany

  Lars Dittmann, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark

  Alberto García, University of Cantabria, Spain

  Qi Han, Colorado School of Mines, USA

  Helmut Hlavacs, University of Vienna, Austria

  Karin Hummel, University of Vienna, Austria

  David Hutchison, Lancaster University, UK

  Gianluca Iannaccone, Intel Corporation, USA

  Randy H. Katz, University of California at Berkeley, USA

  Laurent Lefevre, INRIA, France

  Giuseppe Lo Re, University of Palermo, Italy

  Tommaso Melodia, State University of New York at Buffalo, USA

  Michela Meo, Politecnico di Torino, Italy

  Archan Misra, Singapore Management University, Singapore

  Hiroyuki Morikawa, The University of Tokyo, Japan

  Bruce Nordman, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, USA

  Andrea Passarella, IIT-CNR, Italy

  Marcelo Pias, University of Cambridge, UK

  Antonio Puliafito, University of Messina, Italy

  Sanjay Ranka, University of Florida, USA

  Andrew Rice, University of Cambridge, UK

  Behrooz Shirazi, Washington State University, USA

  Suresh Singh, Portland State University, USA

  Domenico Talia, University of Calabria, Italy

  Athena Vakali, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece

  Nalini Venkatasubramanian, University of California at Irvine, USA