Subject: [Mip4] WoWMoM 2011: call for PhD forum extended abstracts

From: Daniele Migliorini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 17:19:15 +0100

------------------------------------------------------------------------

       			Call for PhD Forum Extended Abstracts PhD Forum

                            WoWMoM 2011
                Twelfth International Symposium on a
          World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks

                   http://wowmom2011.imtlucca.it/

                           sponsored by
                      IEEE Computer Society,
                 University of Texas at Arlington,
            IEEE CS TC on Computer Communications (TCCC)

                         June 20-24, 2011
                      Lucca, Tuscany, Italy

------------------------------------------------------------------------

   *******         SUBMISSION DEADLINE: MARCH 25, 2011      *******

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The third PhD Forum on Wireless and Multimedia Networks hosted at 12th
International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia
Networks (WoWMoM 2011). Doctoral students working in areas related to
wireless, mobile and multimedia networking are solicited to submit an 
extended abstract comprising a summary of their research findings, work
in progress and planned research. The forum will be a platform for PhD
students to interact both with their peers as well as experienced re-
searchers from industry. The forum will be organized as a poster session 
and will include a '1-minute madness' introduction by each student.

Current Ph.D. students are encouraged to submit extended abstracts. The
Ph.D. student should be the sole author, although contributions of the
advisor and others may be acknowledged in the extended abstract. Sub-
missions will be reviewed to ensure quality and relevance. Authors of 
accepted submissions are expected to attend WoWMoM 2011 and present their
poster at the PhD Forum. The best presentation at the Forum will receive
a sponsored award, and there is likely to be travel assistance for some
students. Accepted extended abstracts will appear in conference
proceedings.

Extended Abstract Submission: Ph.D. students are invited to submit two-
page extended abstracts that describe current research and potential con-
tributions to theory and innovation in mobile and wireless computing/com-
munications, multimedia on mobile networks and closely related areas. 
Submissions must be received by no later than March 25, 2011. Extended
abstracts should include the author's name, affiliation, and email address.
There will be a prize for the best PhD Forum extended abstract.
Submissions must be PDF files, written in English. Submissions should
adhere to the IEEE format and be no more than two pages in length (all
inclusive).
Abstracts must be submitted on EDAS.  
More details will be available at http://wowmom2011.imtlucca.it/callphdforum.html.

Important Dates
=================
Extended abstract submission deadline: March 25, 2011
Acceptance Notification: April 20, 2011
Camera Ready: April 28, 2011
WoWMoM: 20-24 June, 2011

PhD Forum Co-Chairs
-------------------
Silvia Giordano, SUPSI, Switzerland and
Mohan Kumar, The University of Texas at Arlington