Subject: [Mip4] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mip4-gre-key-extension-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 06:45:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : GRE Key Extension for Mobile IPv4
	Author(s)       : P. Yegani, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mip4-gre-key-extension-05.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2011-03-28

The Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) specification contains a Key
field, which MAY contain a value that is used to identify a
particular GRE data stream.  This specification defines a new Mobile
IP extension that is used to exchange the value to be used in the GRE
Key field.  This extension further allows the Mobility Agents to set
up the necessary protocol interfaces prior to receiving the mobile's
traffic.  The new extension allows a foreign agent to request GRE
tunneling without disturbing the Home Agent behavior specified for
Mobile IPv4.  GRE tunneling with the Key field allows the operators
to have home networks that consist of multiple Virtual Private
Networks (VPNs), which may have overlapping home addresses.  When the
tuple < Care of Address, Home Address and Home Agent Address > is the
same across multiple subscriber sessions, GRE tunneling will provide
a means for the Foreign Agent and Home Agent to identify data streams
for the individual sessions based on the GRE key.  In the absence of
this key identifier, the data streams cannot be distinguished from
each other, a significant drawback when using IP-in-IP tunneling.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-gre-key-extension-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.