Subject: [Mip4] [PerCom 2012] Call for Papers, IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications

From: Chiara Boldrini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 10:50:45 +0200

PerCom 2012
IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications
March 19 - 23, 2012, Lugano, Switzerland

CALL FOR PAPERS

IEEE PerCom, now in its 10th edition, has established itself as the premier 
annual scholarly venue in the areas of pervasive computing and communications. 
Pervasive computing and communications has evolved into an active area of 
research and development, due to the tremendous advances in a broad spectrum of 
technologies and topics including wireless networking, mobile and distributed 
computing, sensor systems, RFID technology, and the ubiquitous mobile phone.

PerCom 2012 will be held in Lugano, an international city and the crossroads 
and melting pot of European culture. PerCom 2012 will provide a leading edge, 
scholarly forum for researchers, engineers, and students alike to share their 
state-of-the art research and developmental work in the broad areas of 
pervasive computing and communications. The conference will feature a diverse 
mixture of interactive forums: core technical sessions of high quality 
cutting-edge research articles; targeted workshops on exciting topics; live 
demonstrations of pervasive computing in action; insightful keynote speeches; 
panel discussions from domain experts; and posters of budding ideas. Research 
contributions are solicited in all areas pertinent to pervasive computing and 
communications, including:

- Innovative pervasive computing applications
- Context modeling and reasoning
- Programming paradigms for pervasive systems
- Software evolution and maintenance in pervasive systems
- Middleware services and agent technologies
- Adaptive, autonomic and context-aware computing
- Mobile/Wireless computing systems and services in pervasive computing
- Energy-efficient and green pervasive computing
- Communication architectures for pervasive computing
- Ad hoc networks for pervasive communications
- Pervasive opportunistic communications and applications
- Enabling technologies for pervasive systems (e.g., wireless BAN, PAN)
- Positioning and tracking technologies
- Sensors and RFIDs in pervasive systems
- Multimodal sensing and context for pervasive applications
- Pervasive sensing, perception and semantic interpretation
- Smart devices and intelligent environments
- Trust, security and privacy issues in pervasive systems
- User interface, interaction, and persuasion
- Pervasive computing aspect of social network software
- Virtual immersive communications
- Wearable computers
- Standards and interfaces for pervasive computing environments
- Social and economic models for pervasive systems

Workshops and affiliated events:

Many workshops will be held in conjunction with the main conference. Workshop 
papers will be included and indexed in the IEEE digital libraries (Xplore), 
showing their affiliation with IEEE PerCom. As in the past, PerCom 2012 will 
also feature a PhD Forum, Demonstrations and a Work-in-Progress Session. Please 
see the website www.percom.org for details on current and past PerCom conferences.

Important Dates
Paper Registration: Sep 23, 2011
Paper Submission: Sep 26, 2011
Author Notification: Dec 20, 2011
Camera-ready Due: Jan 27, 2012

Submission Guidelines
Submitted papers must be unpublished and not considered elsewhere for 
publication. They must show significant relevance to pervasive computing and 
networking. Only electronic submissions in PDF format will be considered. 
Papers must be 9 pages or less, including references, figures and tables (at 
least 10pt font, 2-column format). The IEEE LaTeX and Microsoft Word templates, 
as well as formatting instructions, can be found at the conference web site. 
Submissions will undergo a rigorous review process handled by the Technical 
Program Committee. The best paper will receive the prestigious Mark Weiser Best 
Paper Award. Top selected papers will be considered for a special issue of the 
Elsevier journal of Pervasive and Mobile Computing (PMC)

For additional information, see www.percom.org for details on current and past 
PerCom conferences, or contact the PerCom 2012 organizing committee at 
[email-masked]

Organizing Committee

General Co-Chairs
Silvia Giordano, SUPSI, CH
Marc Langheinrich, Univ. of Lugano, CH

Program Chair
Albrecht Schmidt, Univ. of Stuttgart, DE

Vice Program Co-Chairs
Jie Liu, Microsoft Research, USA
Georges Roussos, Univ. of London, UK
Alexander Varshavsky, AT&T Labs, USA

Workshops Co-Chairs
Pedro Marron, Univ. Duisburg-Essen, DE
Marius Portmann, Univ. of Queensland, AU

Steering Committee Chair
Marco Conti, IIT-CNR, IT

====================================================
Chiara Boldrini - PerCom 2012 Publicity Co-Chair

     Institute for Informatics and Telematics (IIT)
     Italian National Research Council (CNR)
     Via G. Moruzzi, 1 - 56124 Pisa, Italy

====================================================