Subject: [Mip4] [Only One Week Left] CFP: WNM-2011 (Wireless Networks and Multimedia​), Changsha, China (EI Compendex, ISTP, IEEE Xplore)

From: Yulei Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 17:28:37 +0800

[Apologize if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]

*=== Extended Paper Submission Deadline: Monday, 01 August 2011 ===*

CALL FOR PAPERS

The Second International Workshop on Wireless Networks and Multimedia
(WNM-2011), Changsha, China, 16-18 November, 2011

http://scim.brad.ac.uk/~hmibrahi/WNM-2011/

To be held in conjunction with the 6th FCST-2011. The accepted papers from
this workshop will be published in the FCST-11 conference/workshop
proceedings by IEEE Computer Society, and will be *indexed by EI Compendex
and ISTP*.

**********************************************

Distinguished selected high-quality papers from the workshop, after further
significant extensions, will be recommended for submission and possible
publication in the Elsevier Journal

*- Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory (Indexed by SCI)*

**********************************************

INTRODUCTION

============

The wireless communication technologies have evolved quickly over the past
years. As the explosive growth in broadband wireless networks, multimedia
applications will dominate the future wireless communication society,
resulting in non-trivial problems in terms of available capacity,
reliability, quality-of-service, delay, and throughput.

To successfully support wireless multimedia applications, it is necessary to
improve the state-of-the-art techniques (such as radio resource management,
mobility, handoff, and location management, etc.) in the multimedia
transmission over wireless networks in order to provide quality-of-service
guarantees between the end-users and achieve a high quality-of-experience
for end-users.

This workshop will address the important problems and challenges caused by
the transmission of multimedia applications over wireless networks. The
workshop aims to bring together computer scientists and engineers in
different disciplines to share and exchange their experience and ideas and
discuss state-of-the-art and in-progress research on all aspects of wireless
networks and multimedia applications.

The topics of particular interest include, but are not limited to:

- Ultra-Wideband Networks

- Wireless Ad Hoc and Mesh Networks

- Wireless Personal Area Networks

- Wireless Local Area Networks

- Wireless Sensor Networks

- Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks

- Cellular Networks

- WiMAX

- Optical Wireless Access Networks

- Mobile Computing and Wireless Communications

- Multimedia Communications and Services

- Congestion and Admission Control

- Wireless MAC Protocols: Design and Analysis

- Quality of Service Provisioning

- Wireless Network Security and Privacy

- Cognitive Radio and Software Defined Radio

- Cross-Layer Design and Adaptation

- Radio Resource Management

- Mobility, Handoff and Location Management

- Performance Modeling and Evaluation

IMPORTANT DATES

===============

Paper Submission:    01 August, 2011 (Firm Deadline)

Paper Acceptance:    30 August, 2011

Camera-ready Paper:  30 September, 2011

Conference Dates:    16-18 November, 2011

PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINE

==========================

Prospective authors are invited to submit manuscripts reporting original
unpublished research and recent developments in the topics related to the
workshop. The length of the papers should not exceed 6 pages + 2 pages for
overlength charges (IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Manuscripts style: two
columns, single-spaced, 10-point font), including figures and references.

You can confirm the IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Author Guidelines at
the following web page: URL: http://computer.org/cspress/instruct.htm

Papers should be submitted electronically in PDF format only by sending it
as an e-mail attachment to [email-masked] and CC to
[email-masked]

All papers will be peer reviewed and the comments will be provided to the
authors. Once accepted, the paper will be included into the IEEE conference
proceedings published by IEEE Computer Society Press (indexed by EI
Compendex and ISTP). Authors (at least one) of any accepted paper are
requested to register at the conference.

ORGANIZATIONS

=============

Workshop Chairs

Yulei Wu, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China

Guojun Wang, Central South University, China

Ahmed Al-Dubai, Edinburgh Napier University, UK

Publicity Chair

Hatem Musbah Ibrahim, University of Bradford, UK

Program Committee

See WNM-2011 website: http://www.scim.brad.ac.uk/~hmibrahi/WNM-2011/