Subject: [Mip4] CfP: MobiQuitous 2011 - Industry Track, Paper submission deadline August 15, 2011

From: "Brogle, Marc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 15:01:35 +0200

------------------------------------------------------------------------

                           CALL FOR PAPERS

                  MobiQuitous 2011 - Industry Track
              Eighth Annual International Conference on
                   Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: 
                 Computing, Networking and Services 

                 http://mobiquitous.org/industry.php

                            sponsored by
                             CREATE-NET,
                                NOKIA
								
                         December 6-9, 2011
                        Copenhagen, Denmark

------------------------------------------------------------------------

******          SUBMISSION DEADLINE: August 15th, 2011           *******

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The  Eighth  Annual  International Conference  on Mobile and  Ubiquitous 
Systems:  Computing,  Networking  and  Services  (MobiQuitous 2011) will 
provide  a  forum   for  practitioners   and  researchers  from  diverse 
backgrounds to  interact and  exchange experiences  about the design and 
implementation of mobile and ubiquitous systems.  Areas addressed by the 
conference include systems,  applications,  social networks, middleware, 
networking,  data  management and  services,  all with  special focus on 
mobility and ubiquitous computing. 

ICST MobiQuitous 2011 is soliciting  original and previously unpublished 
research papers from industry  researchers and professionals for the 1st 
Industry Track session of the conference. 

Specific topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
  - Ubiquitous architectures, systems and applications
  - Wearable computing and personal area networks
  - Enabling wireless technologies (BT, ZigBee, 802.15.x, WiFi, WiMAX)
  - Ad hoc and sensor networks for ubiquitous computing
  - Reconfigurability and personalization
  - Wireless/mobile service management and delivery
  - Security, privacy and trust of mobile and ubiquitous systems
  - Social networks for mobile and ubiquitous computing
  - Community based computing
  - Service and knowledge discovery, matching and composition mechanisms
  - Localization and tracking in ubiquitous environments
  - Context- and location-aware applications
  - Agent technologies in ubiquitous, wearable, and mobile systems
  - Energy-efficient and green ubiquitous systems
  - Toolkits, testbeds, dev. environments, languages for ubiquitous comp.
  - Rapid prototyping of ubiquitous applications
  - Mobile and ubiquitous data management and processing
  - Data replication, migration and dissemination in ubiquitous env.
  - Queries, transactions and workflows in mobile and ubiquitous env.
  - Multimodal sensing and interfaces
  - User generated content
  - Content management and distribution in IoT and ubiquitous systems
  - Vehicle-to-X communication (V2V, V2I, V2B) for ubiquitous computing
  - Mobile P2P networks for ubiquitous computing
  - Ubiquitous system prototypes, measurements, deployment experiences

The Industry  Track  session is intended  to specially  highlight system
experiences  and  proofs-of-concept in  the  areas  above. Like  regular 
papers,  the Industry Track papers will  undergo a review process  by an
international TPC and will appear in the conference proceedings.

However, the selection  criteria for Industry Track  papers are slightly
different. Particularly, papers should describe applications, prototypes
or  experiences  of  clear  industry   relevance.   Papers  with  narrow 
algorithmic  focus or only high-level design details are discouraged.  A 
key goal of  this session is  to present systems-oriented  research that
exposes the academic  and research communities  to real-life  issues and 
problems being faced in industry. Accordingly, papers will be evaluated, 
less  on  the  novelty  of  specific  algorithmic  content,  but by  the 
originality and  general applicability  of insights that can be inferred
from the authors' implementation experience.

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paper submission  will be  handled electronically  (see the  details and 
instructions  at  http://mobiquitous.org/industry.php).  Authors  should
prepare  an Adobe Acrobat PDF version  of their full paper.  Papers must
not  exceed  12 pages  single column  (US Letter size,  8.5 x 11 inches)
including text, figures and references.  The font size  must be at least
10 points.

IMPORTANT DATES
------------------------------------------------------------------------
  - Paper registration:	August 8th, 2011
  - Paper submission: August 15th, 2011
  - Notification of acceptance: October 20th, 2011
  - Camera-ready version: October 31st, 2011
  - Conference dates: December 6th - 9th, 2011

COMMITTEE
------------------------------------------------------------------------
GENERAL CHAIR
Alessandro Puiatti, University of Applied Sciences of South. Switzerland

TECHNICAL PROGRAM CHAIR
Tao Gu, University of Southern Denmark
Florian Michahelles, ETH Zurich, Switzerland

PUBLICITY CO-CHAIRS
Europe: Mikkel Baun Kjaergaard, University of Aarhus
Asia: Yunhuai Liu, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
US: Qi Han, Colorado School of Mines

FINANCIAL CHAIR
Elena J. Fezzardi, EAI 

INDUSTRY-TRACK CHAIR
Marc Brogle, SAP Research, Switzerland

DEMO AND POSTER CHAIR
Emiliano Miluzzo, AT&T Labs, USA

WEB CHAIR
Alan Ferrari, University of Applied Sciences of Southern Switzerland

STEERING COMMITTEE CHAIR
Imrich Chlamtac, Create-Net, Italy

STEERING COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Fausto Giunchiglia, University of Trento, Italy
Tom La Porta, Penn State, USA
Francesco De Pellegrini, Create-Net, Italy
Chiara Petrioli, Universita di Roma "La Sapienza", Italy
Krishna Sivalingam, University of Maryland Baltimore, USA
Thanos Vasilakos, University of Western Macedonia, Greece