Subject: [Mip4] [IEEE PerCom 2012] Call for Demos

From: Chiara Boldrini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 15:00:25 +0200

PERCOM 2012 -- CALL FOR DEMOS

The  IEEE Pervasive Computing and  Communication (PerCom) conference,
entering  its tenth year, is a  premier scholarly venue  in the areas
of  pervasive computing  and  communications. The PerCom Demo Session
offers  high-quality   demonstrations  of  all things pervasive  from
academia   and  industry.    Demos  demonstrating  working   systems,
innovative  applications,  groundbreaking  ideas, and  novel concepts
related to PerCom are welcome.  Demos from industrial  researchers as
well as demos from academia with  a significant relevance to industry
are particularly encouraged.

A  "Best Demo Award"  will  be   presented  based on  research value,
originality, and presentation.

Submission Guidelines:

Prospective contributors are expected to  turn in a demo proposal  in
the form of a short technical paper  (no more than 3 pages) using the
PerCom  templates.  The  short  paper  must  illustrate  the research
contribution  of the demo,  the practical  setup,  and  the technical
requirements.  Short  demo papers   will  be  included  in the PerCom
proceedings.

The demo proposals  will  be  peer-reviewed.  The evaluation criteria
include:  (1) extent  and  significance of the research contribution;
(2) relevance  to  PerCom;   (3) potential  impact  on  the audience;
(4) quality of the proposed implementation; (5) presentation quality.

At least  one  author of  each accepted demo proposal  is required to
register and  present their demo at the conference.   Demo  proposals
must  be  submitted  through  EDAS.  The correct reception   of  each
individual submission  will be  explicitly  acknowledged  by the demo
co-chairs.

Topics include (but are not limited to):

Innovative pervasive computing applications
Adaptive and autonomic computing
Mobile/Wireless computing systems and services
Energy-efficient and green pervasive computing
Ad hoc networks for pervasive communications
Pervasive opportunistic applications
Enabling technologies for pervasive systems
Positioning and tracking technologies
Sensors and RFIDs in pervasive systems
Multimodal sensing and context applications
Smart devices and intelligent environments
Trust, security and privacy issues
User interface, interaction in pervasive systems
Pervasive computing aspects of social networking
Virtual immersive communications
Wearable computers
Standards and interfaces for pervasive computing
Context-aware computing

Important Dates:

Submission deadline: November 7, 2011 - 23:59 EST
Acceptance notification: December 7, 2011
Camera-ready deadline: January 22, 2012
Conference dates: March 19 - March 23, 2012

-- 

====================================================
Chiara Boldrini - PerCom 2012 Publicity Co-Chair

     Institute for Informatics and Telematics (IIT)
     Italian National Research Council (CNR)
     Via G. Moruzzi, 1 - 56124 Pisa, Italy
====================================================