Subject: [Mip4] [CfP] WoWMoM 2012: International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks

From: Pål Halvorsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 13:08:35 +0200

------------------------------------------------------------------------

                           CALL FOR PAPERS

                             WoWMoM 2012
                 Thirteenth International Symposium on a
           World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks

                     http://wowmom2012.it.uc3m.es/

                            sponsored by
                       IEEE Computer Society,
                  University of Texas at Arlington,
             IEEE CS TC on Computer Communications (TCCC)

                          June 25-28, 2012
                   San Francisco, California, USA

        **** Paper submission deadline: DECEMBER 2, 2011 ****

------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCOPE
The evolution of wireless networking technologies and their key role in 
Future Internet scenarios offer an increasing wealth of opportunities 
for distributing multimedia contents over wireless networks, enabling 
dissemination of professional contents to mobile users as well as 
sharing user-generated contents between them. Users will be able to 
retrieve, publish, and manage information, communicate with other users 
or devices, access and author services, create and exploit context-
awareness and so on. Papers that present original work, validated by 
experimentation, simulation, or analysis, are solicited. Practical 
experiences and experimental efforts from both industry and academy, 
duly documenting the lessons learned from test-beds, field-trials, or 
real deployments, are also welcome.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Wireless multimedia systems,services&applications
- System prototypes, measurements, real deployment, and experiences
- Opportunistic and delay-tolerant networks
- Mobile Social Networking
- Participatory and urban sensing
- Energy-efficient protocols and power management
- Seamless inter-networking and self-organization
- Networking services for pervasive systems
- Content-centric architectures, multimedia content management and
  distribution for mobile networks
- Ad-hoc, Sensor and wireless mesh networks
- Wireless BAN, PAN, LAN, MAN and WAN
- Vehicular wireless networks
- Middleware services for wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
- Context-awareness in wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
- Quality of Service and Quality of Experience
- Location mechanism and services
- Multicasting and broadcasting issues
- Handoff and mobility management
- Network management and control
- IP-based mobile networks and wireless multimedia services
- Wireless security, dependability, reliability and survivability
- Authentication, authorization, and accounting
- Modeling and performance evaluation

AWARDS AND EDITORIAL FOLLOW-UPS
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Papers presented at the Symposium will be considered for a Best Paper 
Award. Papers of particular merit will be considered for a fast track 
publication in the Elsevier Pervasive and Mobile Computing Journal 
(PMC).

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
------------------------------------------------------------------------
All submissions must describe original research, not published or
currently under review for another workshop, conference, or journal.
Papers must be submitted electronically through EDAS.
You can find detailed submission instructions at

  http://wowmom2012.it.uc3m.es/submission.html
and
  http://wowmom2012.it.uc3m.es/instructions.html

Submission implies the willingness of at least one author to attend
the conference and present the paper. Accepted papers will be included
in the proceedings of IEEE WoWMoM 2012 and published in the IEEE
Digital Library.

WoWMoM organizers reserve the right to exclude a paper from
distribution after the conference if the paper is not presented at the
conference.

IMPORTANT DATES
------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Manuscript submission deadline:      	   December 2, 2011.
- Manuscript acceptance notification:        March 16, 2012.

CONTACTS
------------------------------------------------------------------------
For further information, please visit the conference website at
http://wowmom2012.it.uc3m.es/, or contact the PC-chairs
at wowmom12-pcchairs(at)inv.it.uc3m.es

WORKSHOPS AND AFFILIATED EVENTS:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Several workshops will be held in conjunction with the main conference.
Workshop papers will be included and indexed in the
IEEE Digital Library (Xplore), showing their affiliation with IEEE WoWMoM.
WoWMoM 2012 will also feature an Industry Track, PhD Forum and
a Demonstrations Session. Please visit the conference website for details.

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE (TO BE COMPLETED)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
GENERAL CHAIR
Prasant Mohapatra, University of California, Davis, USA

TPC CO-CHAIRS
Albert Banchs, University Carlos III of Madrid, Spain
Balakrishnan Prabhakaran, University of Texas at Dallas, USA

WORKSHOPS CO-CHAIRS
Raffaele Bruno, IIT-CNR, Pisa, Italy
Jeongkeun "JK" Lee, Hewlett-Packard Labs, Palo Alto, USA

PUBLICATION CO-CHAIRS
Paul Patras, Hamilton Institute, Ireland
Ming Li, California State University, Fresno, USA
Marco di Felice, University of Bologna, Italy

INDUSTRY-TRACK CO-CHAIRS
Dhruv Gupta, AT&T Labs, USA
Katia Obraczka, University of California, San Francisco, USA

PHD FORUM CO-CHAIRS
Silvia Giordano, SUPSI, Switzerland
Mohan Kumar, The University of Texas at Arlington, USA

DEMO CO-CHAIRS
Patrick Tague, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Habib M. Ammari, Hofstra University, USA

PANEL CHAIR
Henning Schulzrine, Columbia University, USA

PUBLICITY CO-CHAIRS
Nirmalya Roy, I2R, Singapore
Xin Liu, University of California, Davis, USA
Pal Halvorsen 	University of Oslo, Norway

FINANCE & REGISTRATION CHAIR
Yonghe Liu, University of Texas at Arlington, USA

STEERING COMMITTEE
Marco Conti, IIT-CNR, Italy
Sajal K. Das, Univ. Texas at Arlington, USA (chair)
Dipankar Raychaudhuri, Rutgers University, USA
Satish K. Tripathi, SUNY Buffalo, USA