Subject: [Mip4] [Call for WORKSHOPS] WoWMoM 2012: deadline approaching (20. October)

From: Pål Halvorsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 14:39:20 +0200

------------------------------------------------------------------------

                    ***  DEADLINE APPROACHING ***
                          CALL FOR WORKSHOPS

            http://wowmom2012.it.uc3m.es/callworkshops.html

                             WoWMoM 2012
                 Thirteenth International Symposium on a
           World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks

                     http://wowmom2012.it.uc3m.es/

                            sponsored by
                       IEEE Computer Society,
                  University of Texas at Arlington,
             IEEE CS TC on Computer Communications (TCCC)

                          June 25-28, 2012
                   San Francisco, California, USA

        **** Paper submission deadline: OCTOBER 20, 2011 ****

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next IEEE International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile
and Multimedia Networks (IEEE WoWMoM 2012) will be the 13-rd event in
its series. This symposium intends to provide a definitive forum for
networking, software systems and multimedia research in the
wireless/mobile area involving both computer science and electrical
engineering communities.

The WoWMoM Organizing Committee invites proposals for *one-day*
workshops affiliated with the conference. The purpose of these
workshops is to provide a platform for presenting novel ideas in a
less formal and possibly more focused way than at the conference
itself. All papers included in the WoWMoM 2012 Workshops will appear
in the conference proceedings published by IEEE. We expect all
selected workshops to adhere to a common paper submission and
reviewing schedule as outlined in the dates indicated below.

Workshops proposals are solicited in all areas and topics pertaining
to wireless mobile and multimedia networking. Workshops addressing
emerging research directions in these areas are highly welcome.

Each workshop proposal must include:

- The name of the workshop.

- The names, addresses, and a short bio of the organizers.

- A brief description (up to 1 page) of the technical issues that the
  workshop will address, and the reasons why the workshop is of
  interest at this time.

- The names of potential program committee members.

- The planned format of the workshop, including a strategy to
  facilitate lively discussions and attendees involvement.

- If applicable, a description of past versions of the workshop,
  including dates, organizers, number of submitted and accepted
  papers, number of attendees.

- If the workshop does not have any past editions, an estimate of the
  expected number of submitted and accepted papers, and of the
  expected number of attendees.

- A tentative call for papers.

- A description of the plans for publicity and workshop web site.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Workshops proposals should be submitted, no later than October 20,
2011, by e-mail (in PDF format) with "WoWMoM 2012 Workshop Proposal"
in the subject, to both WoWMoM 2012 Workshop Co-Chairs (WSCC) at the
address: [email-masked]

For any additional information please refer to us at the address above.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Important dates:

Workshops proposals submission deadline: October 20, 2011
Notification: November 5, 2011