Subject: [Mip4] Fifth WoWMoM PhD Forum - Call for Extended Abstracts

From: "Jorge Navarro Ortiz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 09:40:19 +0100

------------------------------------------------------------------------
-       Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP       -
------------------------------------------------------------------------
              PhD Forum - Call for Extended Abstracts
                      Fifth WoWMoM PhD Forum
         http://wowmom2013.tmit.bme.hu/index.php?menu=cfp_phd

                   4-7 June 2013, Madrid - Spain  

The fifth PhD Forum on Wireless and Multimedia Networks hosted at 14th
International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia
Networks (WoWMoM 2013). Doctoral students working in areas related to
wireless, mobile and multimedia networking are solicited to submit an
extended abstract comprising a summary of their research findings, work in
progress and planned research. The forum will be a platform for PhD students
to interact both with their peers as well as experienced researchers from
industry. The forum will be organized as a poster session and will include a
'1-minute madness' introduction by each student.

Current Ph.D. students are encouraged to submit extended abstracts. The
Ph.D. student should be the sole author, although contributions of the
advisor and others may be acknowledged in the extended abstract. Submissions
will be reviewed to ensure quality and relevance. Authors of accepted
submissions are expected to attend WoWMoM 2013 and present their poster at
the PhD Forum. The best presentation at the Forum will receive an award, and
there is likely to be travel assistance for some students. Accepted extended
abstracts will appear in conference proceedings. 

Extended Abstract Submission: Ph.D. students are invited to submit two-page
extended abstracts that describe current research and potential
contributions to theory and innovation in mobile and wireless
computing/communications, multimedia on mobile networks and closely related
areas. Submissions must be received by no later than March 12, 2013.
Extended abstracts should include the author's name, affiliation, and email
address. There will be an award for the best PhD Forum extended abstract.
Submissions must be PDF files, written in English. Submissions should adhere
to the IEEE format and be no more than two pages in length (all inclusive).
Abstracts must be submitted through EDAS (http://edas.info/N13165).

More details on submission are available at
http://wowmom2013.tmit.bme.hu/index.php?menu=submission 

IMPORTANT DATES
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended abstract submission deadline: March 12, 2013
Acceptance Notification: April 3, 2013
Camera Ready: April 9, 2013
WoWMoM Conference dates: June 4-7, 2013 

PhD Forum Co-Chairs
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marilia Curado, University of Coimbra, Portugal
Silvia Giordano, SUPSI, Switzerland