Subject: [Mip4] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5944 (3428)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 04:22:18 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5944,
"IP Mobility Support for IPv4, Revised".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5944&eid=3428

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Ville Nuorvala <[email-masked]>

Section: 3.3

Original Text
-------------
      M        Minimal encapsulation.  If the 'M' bit is set, the mobile
               node requests that its home agent use minimal
               encapsulation [16] for datagrams tunneled to the mobile
               node.

Corrected Text
--------------
      M        Minimal encapsulation.  If the 'M' bit is set, the mobile
               node requests that its home agent use minimal
               encapsulation [15] for datagrams tunneled to the mobile
               node.

Notes
-----
The citation points to the wrong reference:
   [16]  Plummer, D., "Ethernet Address Resolution Protocol: Or
         Converting Network Protocol Addresses to 48.bit Ethernet
         Address for Transmission on Ethernet Hardware", STD 37, RFC
         826, November 1982.

It should point to:
    [15]  Perkins, C., "Minimal Encapsulation within IP", RFC 2004,
         October 1996.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5944 (draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3344bis-10)
--------------------------------------
Title               : IP Mobility Support for IPv4, Revised
Publication Date    : November 2010
Author(s)           : C. Perkins, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Mobility for IPv4
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 13:39:51 +0100

Hi,

I confirm this errata as accurate.

Best regards,

	Henrik