Subject: [Mip4] [CFP] Special Issue on Mobile Networking QoS

From: "Francisco J. Martinez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 12:39:45 +0200

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                CALL FOR PAPERS

            A Special Issue of the Journal of Electrical and Computer
Engineering on
  “Mobile Networking QoS: New Prediction Algorithms Based on Unconventional
Approaches”

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/jece/si/107213/cfp/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lead Guest Editor
=================

Peppino Fazio (University of Calabria, Cosenza, Italy)

Guest Editors
=============

Carlos T. Calafate (Technical University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain)
Miroslav Voznak (Technical University of Ostrava (VSB), Ostrava, Czech
Republic)
Francisco J. Martinez (University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain)
Homero Toral-Cruz (University of Quintana Roo, Chetumal, Mexico)

Important Dates
=============

Manuscript Due: Friday, 14 August 2015
First Round of Reviews: Tuesday, 15 September 2015
Publication Date: Friday, 30 October 2015

Scope
=====

Much effort has been invested in the field of mobile communications, aimed
especially at enhancing the Quality of Service (QoS) experienced by
end-users (QoE). The field of centralized or distributed mobile computing
introduces many advantages (such as flexibility and robustness). However,
at the same time, many issues arise when QoS needs to be guaranteed. For
example, user mobility affects channel conditions (Doppler and fading
degradations), bandwidth availability (when users move among different
coverage areas in infrastructure networks), or traffic flowing (with
dynamic congestion levels), with huge fluctuations in communications
quality and relevant QoS parameters (throughput, e2e-delay, jitter,
packet-loss, etc.).

The development of prediction algorithms, regarding different OSI-layers,
is showing relevant results in the last years, especially if unconventional
approaches are involved. This special issue is soliciting original quality
and high level technical papers addressing the main research challenges in
QoE-aware mobile networking, by the introduction of new algorithms based on
emerging unconventional approaches, like swarm intelligence, evolutionary
genetics, neural networks, artificial intelligence, and so forth.

Potential topics include, but are not limited to:

- Mobility prediction in infrastructure networks
- Patterns evaluation in 3G/4G networks
- Channel quality estimation and prediction in new technologies
- Aerial drone object tracking through predictive estimations
- Predictive congestion and admission control in wireless networks
- Unconventional analysis of distributed mobile networks
- Mobility management and congestion avoidance in vehicular environments
- New tools and prediction techniques for measuring and monitoring mobile
networks
- Performance evaluation of mobile networks
- QoS and QoE
- Predictive routing
- Simulation of mobile network structures
- Traffic analysis in mobile networks
- Modeling of performance metrics

Authors can submit their manuscripts via the Manuscript Tracking System at
http://mts.hindawi.com/submit/journals/jece/communications/mnq/.

Requests for additional information should be addressed to the Lead Guest
Editor, Peppino Fazio  ([email-masked])

-------------------------------------------------
Francisco J. Martinez
Computer Architecture
University of Zaragoza

http://init.unizar.es/paco/
http://init.unizar.es/
http://www.grc.upv.es/