Subject: [Mip4] CFP: SI of Elsevier Pervasive and Mobile Computing on Pervasive Social Computing

From: Andrea Passarella<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 18:32:01 +0200

[Apologies for possible cross-posting]

CALL FOR PAPERS

Elsevier - Pervasive and Mobile Computing
Special Issue on
Pervasive Social Computing
http://www.journals.elsevier.com/pervasive-and-mobile-computing/call-for-papers/

Submission Deadline: 30 November 2015

Pervasive Social Computing represents a new paradigm resulting from
the convergence of Pervasive Mobile Computing with Social Networking;
it aims to take advantage of human social relationships to enable the
attainment of users' tasks in different domains. On the one hand, the
impressive diffusion of Online Social Networking platforms is making
OSNs a pervasive tool for maintaining social relationships between
people. On the other hand, the diffusion of mobile personal devices
with rich networking and computing capabilities is fostering novel
patterns of users interactions through social networks, also depending
on the dynamic context and locations of the users. Last but not least,
pervasive mobile technologies enable completely novel types of social
networking applications and services, such as Mobile Social Networks.
The enormous potential of Pervasive Social Computing is leading
scientific communities in different disciplines, from computer science
to social science, communication science and economy, to analyze,
study and provide new theories, models, methods, technological
solutions and case studies. Interestingly, more and more Pervasive
Mobile Computing technologies are designed using inter-disciplinary
approaches, that exploit models of the users personal and social
behavior to design algorithms, protocols, services and applications.

The special issue aims to encourage the multidisciplinary discussion
involving academics, researchers and professionals on theories,
approaches, analysis, design and evaluation of services and networking
solutions for Pervasive Social Computing. Researchers are increasingly
interested in addressing a wide range of Pervasive Social Computing
challenges residing in Social networks and Social Computing systems
including: their architecture, algorithms and protocols for social
networking services, the creation of new analysis models, the
monitoring of emerging trends, studies on trust, privacy and security
issues and their potential applications.

The list of topics includes, but is not limited to:
- Security, privacy and trust in Pervasive Social Computing systems
- Innovative Pervasive Social Computing services and applications
- Architectures, algorithms and protocols for Pervasive Social
  Computing systems
- Mobile networking solutions for Pervasive Social Computing
- Context modeling, reasoning and context awareness in Pervasive
  Social Computing
- Pervasive sensing technologies applied to Pervasive Social Computing
- Opportunistic networking for Pervasive Social Computing
- Innovative Mobile Social Networking technologies and services
- Inter-disciplinary approaches to the design of Pervasive Social
  Computing systems
- Analysis of users social interactions in mobile and pervasive social
  networks
- Novel Online Social Networking services and users' behaviors enabled
  by pervasive mobile networks
- Real experiences and experiments with Pervasive Social Computing
  systems and applications
- Opportunistic and transient social interactions in Pervasive Social
  Computing systems
- Social and economic models for Pervasive Social Computing systems
- Pervasive and social collaboration tools
- Impacts of Pervasive Social Computing on users' behaviour in
  different domains (e.g. e-business, e-market, e-learning, e-health)

Schedule
Submission deadline: November 30th, 2015
Initial feedback to authors: March 31st, 2016
Revised papers due: May 15th, 2016
Final authors notification: June 30th, 2016
Expected Publication of the Special Issue: 4th Quarter 2016

Guest Editors
Patrizia Grifoni, IRPPS-CNR, Italy
Fernando Ferri, IRPPS-CNR, Italy
Alessia D'Andrea, IRPPS-CNR, Italy
Tiziana Guzzo, IRPPS-CNR, Italy
Andrea Passarella, IIT-CNR, Italy

Instructions for submission 
All submissions have to be prepared according to the Guide for Authors
as published in the Journal website at http://www.ees.elsevier.com/pmc/.
Authors should select "SI: PSC", from the "Choose Article Type"
pull-down menu during the submission process. All contributions must
not have been previously published or be under consideration for
publication elsewhere. A submission based on one or more papers that
appeared elsewhere has to comprise major value-added extensions over
what appeared previously (at least 30% new and significant material).
Authors are requested to attach to the submitted paper their relevant,
previously published articles and a summary document explaining the
enhancements made in the journal version. In addition, such papers
must be referenced, and the difference clearly explained, in the
submitted paper.

For further information, please contact the guest editors at pmc-psc at iit.cnr.it