Subject: [Mip6] Issue list for MIPv6 and IKEv2

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 12:06:44 -0800

hello all,

I have created an online list of issues for draft-ietf-mip6-ikev2-ipsec. 
http://people.nokia.net/vijayd/mipsec/issues.html.
one can open new issues by sending a mail to the WG mailing list.

I would like to hear WG opinion on Issue 1. currently, the draft makes a 
lot of references to RFC 3776, especially with respect to requirements 
on the MN and the HA. I seemed to have repeated a few too. my intention 
was to only list exceptions and new requirements in this draft.

there are pros and cons. a lot of work went into RFC 3776 to come up 
with a set of requirements that make sense. if we attempt to list them 
in this draft, we might end in a state where the requirements in the 
draft conflict with the requirements in RFC 3776. since we already have 
an RFC we can refer to, no reason to repeat the text.

OTOH, it makes this draft self contained without having to refer to RFC 
3776 for the requirements.

Vijay

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 13:37:06 -0800

Vijay,

Given the antiquated state of IETF's electronic publication technology
(early 1980's vintage), I think it makes sense to have the draft be more
self-contained. Now if we had hyperlinked documents for RFCs like the rest
of the world...

            jak