Subject: [Mip6] Call for Papers - GridNets 2005

From: "Dawn " <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 15:49:51 -0500

Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this document

*****************

Call for Papers

2nd International Workshop on Grid Network Research

GridNets 2005 www.gridnets.org,

Oct 6-7 at Boston, MA, USA

 Co-located with BroadNets 2005 www.broadnets.org   (Same week as GGF15 in
Boston!)

Scope

 The GridNets 2005 workshop will focus on research issues and challenges as
well as lessons learned from experience. Topics of interest include and are
not limited to:

*  New concepts and requirements to shape the design of e-Science

  and Research Networks

*  Integration of advanced optical networking technologies and

  architectures (OPS, OBS) for the Grid environment

*  Coordination of network resources with other Grid resources (CPU,
Storage)

*  Layer interactions: optical layer with higher layer protocols

*  Grid advanced resource reservation

*  Self-healing Grid networks

*  Traffic characteristics and performance analysis

*  New architectures and technologies that address grid requirements

*  Experience on production-level optical network infrastructures

*  Middleware design and grid layer integration issues for accessing

  and managing  network resources

*  Routing and scheduling for dynamic bandwidth control

*  Monitoring, provisioning, brokering of network resources

*  New multi-service frameworks and models

*  End-to-end application level control of network resource

*  Novel data transport protocols designed for new application services

*  Data replication and multicasting strategies and protocols

*  Fault-tolerance, protection, security, and scalability issues

   related to connecting large number of sites

*  Network cost, performance, and incentive issues

IMPORTANT DATES:

Paper Submission Deadline: June 15, 2005 

Paper Acceptance Notification: August 1, 2005 Final paper submission: August
13, 2005 

For submission instructions, refer to www.gridnets.org 

Workshop Co-chairs

Gigi Karmous-Edwards (MCNC Grid Computing & Network Services) 

Harvey Newman (Caltech)

Steering Committee 

Imrich Chlamtac (Chair) (Create-Net)

Franco Travostino (Nortel Networks)

Samrat Ganguly (NEC Labs)

Program Committee Co-chairs

Joel Mambretti (Northwestern University) Cees De Laat (University of
Amsterdam)

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6