Subject: [Mip6] [issue15] Dynamic HoA and SPD entries

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 22:30:53 +0000

New submission from Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>:

Gerardo Giaretta wrote:

- section 5.1.1, last paragraph at page 11: "In the examples shown
above, the home address of the mobile node might not be available all
the time." Are you referring to the case where the HoA is dynamically
allocated? If yes, I'd mention it at least as an example. 
Moreover, the draft continues: "When the mobile node acquires a new home
address, it must add the address to the corresponding SPD entries." What
about the HA? Does the HA need to add the address to the corresponding
SPD entries or can it keep generic entries? I think it should add the
HoA in SPD entries.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vijay Devarapalli wrote:

> - section 5.1.1, last paragraph at page 11: "In the examples shown
> above, the home address of the mobile node might not be available all
> the time." Are you referring to the case where the HoA is dynamically
> allocated? If yes, I'd mention it at least as an example. 

yes.

> Moreover, the draft continues: "When the mobile node acquires a new home
> address, it must add the address to the corresponding SPD entries." What
> about the HA? Does the HA need to add the address to the corresponding
> SPD entries or can it keep generic entries? I think it should add the
> HoA in SPD entries.

no. if the MN initiates IKE exchange, the HA can just populate the 
SPD from the IKE exchange. it doesnt need to create a SPD entry for 
a specific HoA. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------
category: Technical
draft: draft-ietf-mip6-ikev2-ipsec
messages: 51
nosy: vijay
priority: Must fix
status: Pending
title: Dynamic HoA and SPD entries

_________________________________________________
Mip6 issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://www.mip4.org/issues/tracker/mip6/issue15>
_________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6