Subject: [Mip6] comments to integrated DHC doc.

From: Ryuji Wakikawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 00:29:10 +0900

Hello authors of the integrated-dhc document.

Thanks for this draft.
I quickly read the document and have a few questions.

I am confused about hninfo-type, what the difference between
hninfo-type zero and one.  The hinfo-type set to zero indicates "Home
subnet prefix" according to the draft-jang-dhc-haopt.  Can MN use the
128-bit address of reply which hninfo-type is zero as a home agent
address?  Or should MN start DHAAD or fall back to SPLIT?

BTW, what is the status of draft-jang-dhc-haopt?
It looks still individual draft.

In section 3.3, the draft said
   "In the fallback case, the mobile node is not able to acquire the home
   agent information via DHCPv6.  The mobile node performs DNS queries
   to discover the home agent address as defined in [BOOT-SPLIT].  To
   perform DNS based home agent discovery, the mobile node needs to know
   the DNS server address.  How the mobile node knows the DNS server
   address is outside the scope of this document."

Can we assume a DNS address can be provided by DHCPv6 server?  Do you
assume the case where there is no DHCP server here?  If DHCP server
exists and does not provide just home agent information, it can
provide DNS at least.

regards
ryuji

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Gerardo Giaretta <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:53:57 +0200

Hi Ryuji, 

just one comment (I let the main authors to answers the others).

> It looks still individual draft.

there is still discussion in the DT if this draft can be a standalone
document or if it's better to merge it into integrated DHC draft.

Regards,
--Gerardo
 
> exists and does not provide just home agent information, it can

Gruppo Telecom Italia - Direzione e coordinamento di Telecom Italia S.p.A.

====================================================================
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons
above and may contain confidential information. If you have received
the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please send an e_mail to 
[email-masked]. Thank you
====================================================================