Subject: [Mip6] draft-chowdhury-mip6-radius-00.txt

From: "Chowdhury, Kuntal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 11:04:42 -0500

Hi all,

We have submitted a draft on RADIUS-MIP6 interactions. A similar I-D was
submitted sometime ago, but it expired. Here is the abstract:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

   A Mobile IPv6 node requires a home agent address, a home address, and
   IPsec security association with its home agent before it can start
   utilizing Mobile IPv6 service.  RFC 3775 requires that some or all of
   these parameters are statically configured.  Ongoing work aims to
   make this information dynamically available to the mobile node.  An
   important aspect of the Mobile IPv6 bootstrapping solution is to
   support interworking with existing authentication, authorization and
   accounting infrastructure.  This document defines the new attributes
   to facilitate Mobile IPv6 bootstrapping via a RADIUS infrastructure.
   This information exchange may take place as part of the initial
   network access authentication procedure or as part of a separate
   protocol exchange between the mobile node, the home agent and the AAA
   infrastructure.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chowdhury-mip6-radius-00.txt

Your comments are welcome.

-Kuntal

"This email message and any attachments are confidential information of Starent Networks, Corp. The information transmitted may not be used to create or change any contractual obligations of Starent Networks, Corp.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this e-mail and its attachments by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately -- by replying to this message or by sending an email to [email-masked] -- and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments without reading or disclosing their contents. Thank you."

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6