Subject: RE: [Mip6] General comments/questions on MIPv6 bootstrapping

From: "Chowdhury, Kuntal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 17:08:38 -0400

> => because AAA is the only mechanism which can provide a solution.
> In the document the only feature provided by AAA+DHCP is HA
assignment.
> For any person who has worked on MIPv6/AAA stuff this is incredibly
> limited.
> 

[KC>] When I see this comment I think of the "MIP6 Parameter
Authenticity Attribute" for RADIUS (AAA) and "Authenticity sub-option"
for DHCPv6 in the following drafts which have expired but can be found
at: 

http://ftp.tpnet.pl/vol/d1/ftp.rs.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-cho
wdhury-mip6-bootstrap-radius-01.txt

http://ftp.tpnet.pl/vol/d1/ftp.rs.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-cho
wdhury-dhc-mip6-agentop-00.txt

Note that we have dropped this attribute in the updated mip6-RADIUS
draft:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chowdhury-mip6-radius-00.txt

We can revive it back if there are some interests.

-Kuntal

"This email message and any attachments are confidential information of Starent Networks, Corp. The information transmitted may not be used to create or change any contractual obligations of Starent Networks, Corp.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this e-mail and its attachments by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately -- by replying to this message or by sending an email to [email-masked] -- and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments without reading or disclosing their contents. Thank you."

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 00:24:50 +0200

In your previous mail you wrote:

=> so you are the forth member of the DT who seems to share my
frustration!

Thanks

[email-masked]