Subject: RE: [Mip6] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mip6-nemo-v4traversal-00.txt

From: "Soliman, Hesham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:33:56 -0400

> > => And that scenario is also supported in the draft. What's your
 > > point?
 > 
 > Hesham, my point above clarified: there is no need for this draft to
 > address that scenario.

=> Ah, well, the point of the draft is to introduce IPv4 extensions
to MIPv6 so that it can support IPv4 CoAs/HoAs. So I don't see
why we should distinguish an HoA used by a host from an HoA used
by a router. The title of draft is clear that this is an effort
for hosts and routers.

Hesham

 > Alex

===========================================================
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
 of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly
 prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender
 and delete all copies.
===========================================================

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:45:04 +0200

Soliman, Hesham wrote:

>> Hesham, my point above clarified: there is no need for this draft 
>> to address that scenario.
> 
> to MIPv6 so that it can support IPv4 CoAs/HoAs.

I do not agree with the MR obtaining a v4 CoA and then sending a BU with
a v4 Mobile Network Prefix.

It is natural for MR to obtain a v4 CoA and then send a MIP4 RegReq
containing a v4 Mobile Network Prefix (and not a v6 BU).  Would you
agree with this?

> So I don't see why we should distinguish an HoA used by a host from 
> an HoA used by a router.

Normally I agree, but here we talk IP version numbers.

> The title of draft is clear that this is an effort for hosts and
> routers.

Well, ok with title as long as it does not try to give v4 access to LFNs
with v6 MR connected to a v4 network.

The title is fine with me if it addresses giving v6 addresses to LFNs
(not v4 addresses) by a MIP6 MR connecting to a v4-only network.

Alex