Subject: [Mip6] [issue51] CGA check (from Jari's review)

From: Gerardo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 14:56:58 +0000

New submission from Gerardo <[email-masked]>:

Jari wrote:
>>Another issue is that it would seem to be
>>useful that where CGA-based addresses are used that the
>>home agent would actually check the ownership.

Gerardo wrote:
>I think what we should investigate better is how CGAs can be used with
>MIPv6. And this is a problem that is different and seems orthogonal to
>bootstrapping. The HA may check the ownership when receiving a BU (if
>the MN includes a CGA option in the BU), while having this check
>performed during IKEv2 exchange seems to me more problematic.
>  

Jari wrote:
> I agree

Gerardo:
>The usage of a CGA as HA may be useful to avoid some attacks in the home
>link or having a more secure way to perform the returning home
>procedure. However, I'm not sure if this is a problem related to
>bootstrapping. If the check is done when receiving a BU, I think it is
>orthogonal to bootstrapping. I don't see any reason (e.g. possible
>attacks) why the check should be done during IKEv2 exchange, but maybe
>I'm missing something.

Jari:
> You may be right.

----------
category: Technical
draft: draft-ietf-mip6-bootstrapping-split
messages: 172
nosy: gerardo
priority: Should fix
status: Possible reject
title: CGA check (from Jari's review)

_________________________________________________
Mip6 issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://www.mip4.org/issues/tracker/mip6/issue51>
_________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6