Subject: [Mip6] comment on draft-ietf-mip6-nemo-v4traversal-00

From: Romain KUNTZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:35:02 +0900

Dear authors of draft-ietf-mip6-nemo-v4traversal-00,

First of all thank you for providing this draft. We were eager to see it 
as the v4 traversal feature is one of the most important missing feature 
for IPv6-mobility deployement.

About the draft, I have a concern regarding how the DSMIPv6 MN can get a 
new IPv4 CoA when roaming in an IPv4 network. Sorry if I have misread 
the draft, but no hints are provided in the draft, and the solutions 
proposed by RFC 3344 (MIPv4) cannot apply here, as it is based on the 
Agent Advertisement. Or does a Foreign Agent must be present in each 
IPv4 network we roam into?

Regards,

-- 
Romain KUNTZ
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6