Subject: RE: [Mip6] draft-dupont-mip6-dhaadharmful-00.txt

From: "Narayanan Vidya-CVN065" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:41:09 -0400

> 
> I agree that HA switch may have large signaling overhead. 
> However, as said in my previous post I think it is quite 
> difficult to achieve load balancing in spit scenario during 
> HA discovery if we rule out DHAAD. In integrated scenario, 
> the issue may be less tricky.
> 

Hopefully, the system is not causing a lot of HA switching due to load
balancing - that would be a very unstable system. I would expect that
load balancing based HA assignment can be made at the beginning and it
would be very rare that a switch in HA for a given MN happens
subsequently due to load balancing. 

DNS can't provide the best load balancing mechanism - however, a
commonly used method may be to use DNS to get the IP address of a HA and
have that HA assign the right HA based on load balancing (and whatever
other parameters) - so, this is almost like doing a HA switch once (at
the time of bootstrapping, say). Hopefully, after that, the MN will
continue to use that HA except in some rare cases when it is asked to
switch again. 

Vidya

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6