Subject: [Mip6] mipext-advapi-04: sending HAO

From: Jean-Mickael Guerin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:23:20 +0200

Hi,

Quoting section 3:

    For sending Home Address destination option, ancillary data can be 
    used to specify the option content for a single datagram. This
    only applies to datagram and raw sockets; not to TCP sockets.
    Advanced API [1] document restricts one IPV6_xxx ancillary data
    object for a particular extension header in the control buffer.
    Thus there would be a single ancillary data object for Home address
    destination option in a ancillary data buffer. If the kernel
    implementation supports this API, it is responsible for extracting
    the Home address destination option data object and placing it as
    destination option extension header in compliance with section
    6.3 of Mobile IPv6 [2] base specification.

I believe there is one assumption that should be explicitly written - when 
a system supports mip advanced api, then the kernel is in charge of swapping source
 address and HAO content before sending the packet.

I would like to be sure that my MIP6 application behaves the same across all systems,
which sets HoA as source address and care-of address as HAO before the call to sendmsg().

Regards,

Jean-Mickael

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6