Subject: [Mip6] RFC 4283 on Mobile Node Identifier Option for Mobile IPv6 (MIPv6)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 18:12:40 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4283

        Title:      Mobile Node Identifier Option for Mobile IPv6
                    (MIPv6)
        Author(s):  A. Patel, K. Leung, M. Khalil, H. Akhtar,
                    K. Chowdhury
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       November 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 14653
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mip6-mn-ident-option-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4283.txt

Mobile IPv6 (MIPv6) defines a new Mobility header that is used by
mobile nodes, correspondent nodes, and home agents in all messaging
related to the creation and management of bindings.  Mobile IPv6
nodes need the capability to identify themselves using an identity
other than the default home IP address.  Some examples of identifiers
include Network Access Identifier (NAI), Fully Qualified Domain Name
(FQDN), International Mobile Station Identifier (IMSI), and Mobile
Subscriber Number (MSISDN).  This document defines a new mobility
option that can be used by Mobile IPv6 entities to identify
themselves in messages containing a mobility header.

This document is a product of the Mobility for IPv6 Working Group of
the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6