Subject: [Mip6] RFC 4225 on Mobile IP Version 6 Route Optimization Security Design Background

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:42:29 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4225

        Title:      Mobile IP Version 6 Route Optimization Security
                    Design Background
        Author(s):  P. Nikander, J. Arkko, T. Aura, G. Montenegro,
                    E. Nordmark
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       December 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 98584
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mip6-ro-sec-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4225.txt

This document is an account of the rationale behind the Mobile IPv6
(MIPv6) Route Optimization security design.  The purpose of this
document is to present the thinking and to preserve the reasoning
behind the Mobile IPv6 security design in 2001 - 2002.

The document has two target audiences: (1) helping MIPv6 implementors
to better understand the design choices in MIPv6 security
procedures, and (2) allowing people dealing with mobility or
multi-homing to avoid a number of potential security pitfalls in their
designs.

This document is a product of the Mobility for IPv6  Working Group of
the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6