Subject: [Mip6] HAADDR in draft-ietf-mip6-nemo-v4traversal-00

From: Jean-Mickael Guerin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:20:30 +0100

Hi,
In scenario where MN is in IPv4 network, home agent address HAADDR is 
placed in BU in destination address field of IPv4 and IPv6 packet.
In the IPv6 packet, you assume ::<HAADDRv4>, <HADDRv6> or it does not 
matter?

Thanks,

Jean-Mickael

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: "Soliman, Hesham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 11:05:39 -0500

> In the IPv6 packet, you assume ::<HAADDRv4>, 

=> Yes. 

Hesham

===========================================================
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
 of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly
 prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender
 and delete all copies.
===========================================================

---

From: "Soliman, Hesham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 15:23:23 -0500

>  > In the IPv6 packet, you assume ::<HAADDRv4>, 

=> Sorry, I misread the text and thought it was about the CoA for some reason. 
The HA address is the IPv6 address of the HA in the IPv6 packet and the IPv4 
address in the IPv4 (outer) header. 
So we don't need to use ::<HAADDRv4>. I think this is clear in the 
draft. If not, please send a note indicating what section needs to be 
clarified. 

Hesham