Subject: [Mip6] About packets that contain a Home Address Option and a Binding Update

From: Li Defeng <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 02:04:22 +0800

Hello, All,

In subsection 9.3.1 of RFC 3775, there is a paragraph:

"Mobile nodes can include a Home Address destination option in a
   packet if they believe the correspondent node has a Binding Cache
   entry for the home address of a mobile node.  Packets containing a
   Home Address option MUST be dropped if there is no corresponding
   Binding Cache entry.  A corresponding Binding Cache entry MUST have
   the same home address as appears in the Home Address destination
   option, and the currently registered care-of address MUST be equal to
   the source address of the packet.  These tests MUST NOT be done for
   packets that contain a Home Address option and a Binding Update."

Could anyone clarify for me which kind of tests MUST NOT be done for
   packets that contain a Home Address option and a Binding Update.

Could you please list them?

Thanks 

Defeng
_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 12:16:56 +0100

In your previous mail you wrote:

   

=> the three MUSTs but note that if the first one is false the others
can't be done (as the && operator in C it is a short cut).

Regards

[email-masked]