Subject: [Mip6] CfP: IEEE WoWMoM 2006 Workshop on Advanced Experimental Activities on Wireless Networks and Systems (EXPONWIRELESS 2006)

From: Luca Tavanti <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 10:28:28 +0100

=======================================

[Please accept our apologies for multiple copies of this message]

=======================================

First IEEE Workshop on advanced experimental activities on wireless
networks and systems

EXPONWIRELESS – 2006

http://netgroup.iet.unipi.it/EXPONWIRELESS/

26 June 2006 – Niagara-Falls, Buffalo, NY, USA

in conjunction with IEEE WoWMoM 2006
(
http://ieee-wowmom.cse.buffalo.edu/)

-------------------------

CALL FOR PAPERS

Wireless networks represent a challenging and ever growing research area.
In these systems the interactions among the different network layers are
very complex and their effects on the overall performance are not easy to
accurately identify. Experimental activities involving the development of
systems and device prototypes and the collection and analysis of
measurements from actual networks can provide an insight on the behaviour
of such systems in realistic environments, which can be beneficial for
understanding how cross-layer interactions impact in practice the overall
performance, for deriving realistic simulation models, for analyzing
particular phenomena and evaluating algorithms and protocols, and for
exploring the design choices in building actual wireless networks. Such
activities are pivotal for researchers, developers, service managers and
providers, as well as for end users involved in the evolution of these
networks.

EXPONWIRELESS aims at bringing together all the aspects related to
experimental achievements on wireless networks, creating a forum where
researchers, vendors, providers and users can exchange ideas on past
experience, current requirements, and future visions, useful for the
development of new protocols, algorithms, devices and systems.

High quality papers discussing original and innovative experimental
activities on wireless networks are solicited for submission. The main
topics of the workshop are (but are not limited to):

·  Device prototypes for wireless BANs, PANs, LANs, and MANs

·  QoS for real-time voice and video in wireless networks

·  Differentiated services in wireless multimedia networks

·  IP-based multimedia services over wireless networks

·  Multi-hop Multi-radio wireless mesh networks

·  Handoff and mobility management in beyond-3G systems

·  Seamless internetworking

·  Systems and methods for collecting and analyzing measurements in
wireless networks

·  Architectures for beyond-3G systems

·  Energy-efficient protocols and power management algorithms

·  Wireless security

·  Wireless ad-hoc networks

·  Wireless sensor networks

·  Wireless vehicular networks

·  Prototype implementation of wireless/mobile networks and
systems

·  Wireless/Mobile applications

·  Middleware platforms for wireless/mobile environments

·  Software technologies and systems

·  Location services

·  Positioning and Tracking Technologies

-------------------------

PAPER SUBMISSION

Submitted manuscripts should adhere to the IEEE double-column standard
format, except the font size, which must be Times Roman 11pt (or
greater). Authors should use only standard fonts, i.e., Times Roman,
Courier, Symbol, and Helvetica, or equivalent. The maximum length of the
manuscript is 6 pages. This limit includes figures, appendix,
bibliography, etc. Papers that will be significantly in excess of this
limit will be automatically rejected. All submissions will be handled
electronically. Authors should prepare a PDF file and submit it to

[email-masked].

Accepted papers will be published by the IEEE Computer Society Press in
the combined WoWMoM 2006 workshop proceedings.

-------------------------

IMPORTANT DATES

Submission Deadline: January 9, 2006

Acceptance Notification: February 27, 2006

Camera Ready Due: March 20, 2006

-------------------------

WORKSHOP CO-ORGANIZERS

Rosario G. Garroppo, Dept. of Information Engineering, University of
Pisa, Italy

Yonghe Liu, The University of Texas at Arlington, USA

Vasilios A. Siris, Institute of Computer Science, Foundation for Research
& Technology - Hellas (FORTH), and University of Crete,
Greece

-------------------------

PUBLICITY CHAIR

Luca Tavanti, Dept. of Information Engineering, University of Pisa,
Italy

-------------------------

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE

Giuseppe Bianchi, University of Roma “Tor Vergata”, Italy

Torsten Braun, University of Berne, Switzerland

Anthony Ephremides, University of Maryland, College Park, MD, USA

Stefano Giordano, University of Pisa, Italy

Tian He, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA

Tristan Henderson, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH, USA

Edward W. Knightly, Rice University, Houston, TX, USA

Mohan Kumar, University of Texas, Arlington, TX, USA

Saverio Niccolini, NEC Europe Ltd, Heidelberg, Germany

Giovanni Pau, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA

George Polyzos, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece

Mihail L. Sichitiu, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC,
USA

David Soldani, Nokia, Finland

Sandra Tartarelli, NEC Europe Ltd, Heidelberg, Germany

Phuoc Tran-Gia, University of Wuerzburg, Germany

Hongyi Wu, University of Louisiana, Lafayette, LA, USA

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6