Subject: [Mip6] CFP-MEDHOCNET2006: 5th Annual Mediterranean Ad Hoc Networking Workshop

From: "Ozgur B. Akan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:51:07 +0200

We apologize in advance for the multiple copies of this CFP.

************************************************************
         PRELIMINARY ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS

                       MED HOC NET 2006

                       The Fifth Annual
               MEDITERRANEAN AD HOC NETWORKING
                          Workshop

            http://www.medhoc.diit.unict.it/2006/
                      June 14-17 2006
                       Lipari, Italy
************************************************************

Ad hoc networks have attracted the attention of the research
community in  the last several  years. Now that some  of the
fundamental issues and challenges  of ad hoc networking have
been clearly  assessed, the  focus is partially  shifting to
new  issues,  which   include  application  scenarios  (road
safety,  disaster recovery,  sensors  and actuators,  etc.),
autonomous  Organization  and  operation,  optimization  and
control, service creation and support, middleware. Moreover,
wireless MESH networking is emerging as an "ad hoc spin-off"
aimed  at extending and  integrating the  multi-hop paradigm
with  more  traditional  networking,  which  poses  new  and
exciting technical challenges.

Med-Hoc-Net 2006 is  the major annual international workshop
aiming  to   serve  as   a  platform  for   researchers  and
visionaries from academia,  research labs, and industry from
all  over the  world.   Sharing ideas,  views, results,  and
experiences in the field of wireless multi-hop networking is
what Med-Hoc-Net  2006 intends  to be about.   Anything from
theoretical and experimental  achievements, to innovative ad
hoc  systems, prototyping  efforts, and  case studies  is of
interest to the Med-Hoc-Net community.

The papers solicited in  Med-Hoc-Net 2006 cover a variety of
topics related  to ad hoc  and MESH networks,  including but
not limited to:

- Novel multi-hop wireless network architectures
- Routing algorithms and protocols
- MAC  protocols,   scheduling,  power  control   and  radio
   resource sharing
- Transport layer protocols for multi-hop networks
- Middleware for ad hoc networks
- Application driven architectures and protocols
- Sensor network applications and protocols
- Vehicular networks
- Integration  of  ad  hoc  networks  with  wireless  access
   networks
- Implementations, testbeds, and prototypes
- Technology related issues (IEEE 802.11, Bluetooth, ZigBee,
   IEEE 802.16, IEEE 802.20, etc.)
- Self organization and network reconfiguration
- Optimization models and algorithms
- Resource and service discovery
- Call  admission and  traffic shaping  policies  for ad-hoc
   networks
- Use of advanced  antenna technologies (MIMO, beam forming,
   etc.)
- QoS support
- Security and privacy

The members  of program  committee will referee  all papers,
and  accepted papers  will  be published  in the  conference
proceedings. Papers of particular merit will be published in
the Elsevier Ad Hoc Networks journal.

Manuscripts  must   be  formatted  according   to  the  IEEE
double-column  standard format,  with the  exception  of the
font  size, which  must be  11pt.  Authors  should  use only
standard  fonts,  i.e., Times  Roman,  Courier, Symbol,  and
Helvetica, or  their equivalent.  The maximum  length of the
manuscript  is   8  pages,  including   figure,  tables  and
references.

Papers should be submitted in  pdf or ps format through EDAS
system (http://edas.info) according to the timetable below.

IMPORTANT DATES

Full Paper Electronic Submission:   Friday February 24, 2006
Tutorial proposal submission:          Sunday April 23, 2006
Notification of acceptance/rejection:    Tuesday May 2, 2006
Camera ready submission of full papers:  Friday May 22, 2006
Tutorial date:                                 June 14, 2006
Conference dates:                           June 15-17, 2006

-- 
Dr. Ozgur B. Akan
Assistant Professor
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Middle East Technical University
Ankara, Turkey 06531
Tel: +90-312-210 2353 Fax: +90-312-210 1261
E-mail: [email-masked]
http://www.eee.metu.edu.tr/~akan

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6