Subject: [Mip6] MIP protocol interface

From: Thibault Renier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 18:52:58 +0100

Hi all,
I hope Im posting to the correct mailing list. If not, pls redirect me 
to the relevant one :)

Ive been working for some time on the integration of MIPv6 in an 
IMS-based environment (with, as an example, the UMTS access network) and 
as some of you may know it causes quite a few interoperability issues 
with respect to service and access control at the SIP layer. Because of 
those limits, it could be required that a UE implementing MIP (probably 
in the kernel) does not encapsulate the packets at L3 (IP-in-IP), ie the 
UE does not hide its actual location.

My question, which might sound trivial and is probably relevant not only 
for this scenario, is the following:
Is it possible to temporarily disable ALL MIP functions when the UE 
connects to an access network working with an IMS...and how? Im not sure 
how the protocol stack can be logically changed so that the normal IP 
schemes (ie no encapsulation) are applied and MIP mechanisms don't 
impact the SIP session.

Regards from Dk,
Tibo

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6