Subject: [Mip6] CFP: Special Issue on Mobile Video - Signal Processing: Image Communication Journal (Elsevier)

From: "Ozgur B. Akan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:21:54 +0200

Please  accept our apologies  for  the multiple copies of this CFP.

*******************************************************************
*******************************************************************

                          CALL FOR PAPERS

      SIGNAL PROCESSING: IMAGE COMMUNICATION JOURNAL (ELSEVIER)

                    Special Issue on MOBILE VIDEO

                http://www.MobiMedia.org/MobileVideo

*******************************************************************
*******************************************************************

Video  communication  over wireless  networks is destined to become
pervasive  in  daily  life   and  a  pillar    for   key   emerging
telecommunication  services.  The  success  of advanced services in
mobile   environments  requires  integrative  approaches  embracing
video signal processing and networking technology. The interlinking
of these research fields is fostering the development of underlying
technology  and  workflows  for  mobile  video. These technologies,
generally  hidden  to  the user, will be pre-requisite to allow for
efficient  multimedia  support of digital communication and leisure
time over wireless channels.

This  special  issue  will  report  the  results of latest research
efforts  on  video  communication  in mobile environments. The main
goal  of  this special issue is to collate and disseminate the most
relevant  achievements  of  researchers  working  on  video  signal
processing  and communication for mobile applications. High quality
contributions  addressing related theoretical and practical aspects
are solicited.

Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):

   * Low-bit rate video coding
   * Scalable video coding for wireless communication channels
   * Error control resilience and concealment
   * Multiple video descriptions for wireless communications
   * Video transcoding for heterogeneous wireless channels
     interoperability
   * Video streaming over wireless channels
   * Video communication in wireless ad hoc and sensor networks
   * Mobile video multicast
   * Quality measurement for mobile video
   * Mobile video testbeds and applications

Submission Procedure
--------------------

Prospective contributors are invited to submit papers  according to
the  instructions  in  the  ''Information for Authors'' on the back
cover  of   a  recent  issue   of   the  Signal  Processing:  Image
Communication  Journal.  Authors should submit their manuscripts in
PDF format  through the COCUS  Conference Management System. If you
are not a  COCUS  user  yet,  you  need to register at first. Then,
select SPIC-MobileVideo  from  the ''Events' list'' page and follow
the  instructions  to  submit  your  manuscript. Selected papers on
mobile  video  submitted to MobiMedia 2006 (www.MobiMedia.org) will
also be considered for publication in this special issue.

Important Dates
---------------

Deadline for Manuscript Submission:         May 12, 2006
Notification of Acceptance:              August 15, 2006
Camera-Ready Papers Due:              September 15, 2006
Publication Date:                           January 2007

Guest Editors
-------------

Luigi Atzori     ([email-masked])
DIEE,
University of Cagliari,
Cagliari, Italy

Ebroul Izquierdo ([email-masked])
Multimedia and Vision Lab,
Queen Mary, University of London
London, UK

Pascal Frossard  ([email-masked])
EPFL,
Signal Processing Institute
Lausanne, Switzerland

Ozgur B. Akan    ([email-masked])
Dept. of Electrical Eng.
Middle East Technical University,
Ankara, Turkey

-- 
Dr. Ozgur B. Akan
Assistant Professor
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Middle East Technical University
Ankara, Turkey 06531
Tel: +90-312-210 2353 Fax: +90-312-210 1261
E-mail: [email-masked]
http://www.eee.metu.edu.tr/~akan

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6