Subject: [Mip6] CFP: Mobile Multimedia Communications Conference (MobiMedia 2006)

From: "Ozgur B. Akan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:24:46 +0200

[ We apologize  in advance  for  the multiple copies of this CFP. ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------
CALL FOR PAPERS

MOBIMEDIA 2006
Mobile Multimedia Communications Conference
(formerly MSAN)

September 18-20, 2006 -- Alghero, Sardinia, Italy
http://www.mobimedia.org
-------------------------------------------------------------------

SCOPE

The  successful development of multimedia services and applications
in  mobile  environments  requires  adopting  an  interdisciplinary
approach  where both multimedia and networking issues are addressed
jointly.   Multimedia   data   characteristics,   coding  standards
functionalities,  as  well  as  network  protocols  performance and
channel  behavior  are  some  of  the  key  aspects that need to be
carefully   examined  when  proposing  new  solutions. Many are the
applications that  are going to be enabled by the new standards for
mobile networking,  such  as  packet  telephony,  video mail, video
streaming,  audio  conferencing, interactive gaming, conversational
navigation   services,   digital   television,   infomobility,  and
immersive  communications  in  virtual  environments. Some of these
novel  networking  protocols  and  technologies include IEEE 802.11
(infrastructured,  mesh, and sensor networks), 802.15, 802.16, UWB,
DVB-H, Bluetooth, Mobile IP and its variants.

Within  this  scope,  MobiMedia  is  intended  to  provide a unique
international  forum  for  researchers  working  in  multimedia and
mobile  networking  fields  to  study  new applications, solutions,
and  standards.  Original  unpublished  contributions are solicited
that  can  improve  the  knowledge  and  practice in the integrated
design  of  efficient  technologies  and  the relevant provision of
advanced mobile multimedia applications.

TECHNICAL PROGRAMS

The  technical  program  features  a  key-note  speech from Roberto
Cencioni  (Head  of  Unit  INFSO  E2,  EC)  and Albert Gauthier (DG
Information  Society,  EC)  on  the 7th Work program and the EU IST
vision.  The  conference  will  also  include  invited  panels,  to
facilitate  for  exchanging  ideas  and  discussion,  and  specific
sessions  and  workshops  on  focused  interest  areas. Submissions
of  proposals  on workshops and special sessions on emerging topics
are  invited.  Please  submit proposals to Technical Program Chairs
and Workshop Chairs.

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION

Prospective authors are invited to submit extended summaries of not
more  than five pages including figures and references. Papers will
be  accepted  only  by electronic submission through the conference
web site.  Conference proceedings will be published by the IEEE and
will  be  available through IEEExplore (approval pending). Extended
versions  of  high  quality papers on mobile video will be reviewed
and considered  for a special issue in the Signal Processing: Image
Communications Journal.

WORKSHOPS

Proposals  for one-day workshops to be held in conjunction with the
conference  are solicited. A maximum of 2 pages should be submitted
which  include  the workshop name, its scope and a list of topic of
interests.Proposals should be submitted to both the Workshop Chairs.

STUDENT AWARD AND GRANTS

A  student  prize  of  1000 Euros will be awarded to the best paper
authored by a full time student as first author. Travel grants will
be  provided  to  students  attending  the  conference.  Additional
information can be found at the conference website.

IMPORTANT DEADLINES

Workshop proposals:                     January 20, 2006
Special session proposals:                March 15, 2006
Submission of extended summaries:         April 30, 2006
Notification of acceptance:                June 15, 2006
Submission of camera-ready papers:         July 10, 2006

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

General Co-Chairs:
Luigi Atzori, University of Cagliari, ITA
Ebroul Izquierdo, University of London, UK

Steering Committee Chair:
Imrich Chlamtac, Create-Net, ITA

Technical Program Co-Chairs:
Ozgur B. Akan, Middle East Technical University, TUR
Pascal Frossard, EPFL, SUI

Publications Chair:
Giovanni Pau, UCLA, USA

Workshops Chair:
Eylem Ekici, Ohio State University, USA
Radha Poovendran, University of WA, USA

Panels Chair:
Daniele D. Giusto, University of Cagliari, ITA

Local Chair:
Giaime Ginesu, University of Cagliari, ITA

Publicity Co-Chairs:
Gozde Bozdagi Akar, Middle East Technical University, TUR
Ali Bilgin, The University of Arizona, USA

Conference Management:
Anna Rieger, ICST, Europe

-- 
Dr. Ozgur B. Akan
Assistant Professor
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Middle East Technical University
Ankara, Turkey 06531
Tel: +90-312-210 2353 Fax: +90-312-210 1261
E-mail: [email-masked]
http://www.eee.metu.edu.tr/~akan

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6