Subject: Re: DHCP options (was Re: [Mip6] Questions on draft-ietf-mip6-bootstrapping-integrated-dhc-00.txt)

From: "Gerardo Giaretta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 11:30:35 +0200

Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]> wrote:

> It's still uncommon to see a document titled "MIPv6 bootsrapping" in the
> MIP6 WG only with DHCP messages modified, no MIP6 messaging, no MIP6
> data structure, no keyword "binding" present, no CoA and only one
> occurence of "home address" (the one to be boot-strapped).  Maybe the
> title should be "DHCPv6-based MIPv6 bootstrapping for integrated scenario"?
>

Current title is already DHCPv6-based since it is "MIP6-bootstrapping
via DHCPv6 for the Integrated Scenario". I don't see any big
difference in what you are proposing.

--Gerardo

> Alex
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mip6 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6
>

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 14:02:40 +0200

Gerardo Giaretta wrote:
>> It's still uncommon to see a document titled "MIPv6 bootsrapping" 
>> in the MIP6 WG only with DHCP messages modified, no MIP6 messaging,
>>  no MIP6 data structure, no keyword "binding" present, no CoA and 
>> only one occurence of "home address" (the one to be boot-strapped).
>>  Maybe the title should be "DHCPv6-based MIPv6 bootstrapping for 
>> integrated scenario"?
>> 
> 

Ok.  We could argue endlessly about a title, but you seem to agree that
the draft is mainly about DHCP, me too.

Alex