Subject: [Mip6] Call for participation: Workshop on World-Sensor-Web

From: Wei Ye <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:00:21 -0700

Our apologies if you have received multiple copies.

---------------

WSW'2006 Workshop Program

First Workshop on World-Sensor-Web: Mobile Device Centric Sensory  
Networks and Applications
Held in conjunction with ACM SenSys 2006

October 31, 2006
Boulder, Colorado, USA

http://www.sensorplanet.org/wsw2006/

The global use of mobile phones on a scale never seen before enables  
the development of new types of application scenarios. Furthermore, a  
mobile device centric approach to large-scale sensory networks  
provides a challenging platform for research purposes. Additionally,  
connecting sensory networks to the Internet creates endless  
opportunities for applications and services, new emerging models of  
operation.

The workshop aims to address these aspects, beside traditional  
sensory network topics such as power management, communication  
issues, topology management, distributed architectures, peer-to-peer  
scenarios, etc. Demonstrations and initial ideas are welcome as well.

Online Registration:

http://www.regonline.com/Checkin.asp?EventId=97157

WORKSHOP CO-ORGANIZERS

Henry Tirri, Nokia Research Center, Helsinki, Finland
Barbara Heikkinen, Nokia Research Center, Helsinki, Finland
Boda Péter, Nokia Research Center, Helsinki, Finland

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE

Joe Paradiso, MIT Media Laboratory, Cambridge, MA, USA
Deborah Estrin, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Gaetano Borriello, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Philippe Bonnet, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Sam Madden, MIT CSAIL, Cambridge, USA
Jukka Salminen, Nokia Research Center, Helsinki, Finland
Dirk Trossen, Nokia Research Center, Helsinki, Finland
Mika Klementtinen, Nokia Research Center, Helsinki, Finland

Provisional WORKSHOP SCHEDULE

8:30-9:00am Registration

9:00-9:05am Welcome

Position papers (20 min each followed by a 15 minutes discussion)

9:05-10:00am

Participatory sensing Jeff Burke (UCLA)

MetroSense Project: People-Centric Sensing at Scale Shane B. Eisenman  
(Columbia University)

Short papers (15 min each, discussion in the end of the session)

10:00am-12:00pm

Relevance Metrics for Coverage Extension Using Community Collected  
Cell-Phone Camera Imagery
Aman Kansal (Microsoft)

Challenges in Building a Portal for Sensors World-Wide
Suman Nath (Microsoft)

Indoor Positioning with a WLAN Access Point List on a Mobile Device
Marion Hermersdorf (Nokia Research Center)

Discussion

12:00-1:45pm
Lunch

1:45-2:45pm

Panel: "Grand challanges of mobile device-centric wireless sensor  
networks"
Participants: tba
Short Papers (15 min each)

2:45-4:45pm

Sensing in Rich Bluetooth Environments
Jukka Perkiö (HIIT / Nokia Research Center)

Hash-based Secure Sensor Network Programming Method without Public  
Key Cryptography
Sokjoon Lee (Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute,  
Korea)

Energy-Efficient Single-Hop Clustering in Mobile Wireless Sensor  
Networks
Chen Canfeng (Nokia Research Center)
(3:30-4:00pm
Coffee break)

4:45-6:00pm

Locality Helps Sleep Scheduling
Jukka Suomela (Helsinki University)

The Case for Mobile Devices in Environmental Observing systems
Sameer Tilak (UC San Diego)

SensorPlanet update: the first islands
Boda Péter Pál (Nokia Research Center)

Discussions, Follow-up, Closing the Workshop

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6