Subject: [Mip6] [Mobopts] New ID: Multicast Mobility in MIPv6: Problem Statement

From: Thomas C Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:06:39 +0200

Hi all,

we submitted an updated version of the problem statement
draft on extending Multicast to Mobility.

It should be in the ID directory soon and can immediatly be downloaded
under:

http://www.realmv6.org/papers/draft-schmidt-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-01.txt

Details:

               Multicast Mobility in MIPv6: Problem Statement
                   <draft-schmidt-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-01.txt>

Abstract

     In this document we discuss mobility extensions to current IP layer
    multicast solutions. Problems arising from mobile group communication
    in general, in the case of multicast listener mobility and for mobile
    Any Source Multicast as well as Source Specific Multicast senders are
    documented. Characteristic aspects of multicast routing and
    deployment issues are summarized. The principal approaches to the
    multicast mobility problems are outlined subsequently.

The new document not only accounts for all comments / reviews given so 
far, but has been extended significantly to incorporate

  o Deployment issues;
  o Current research on the characteristics of multicast routing trees
    under mobility;
  o Fairly exhaustive exploration of the solution space;
  o A large collection of references on various aspects of the subject.

As it seems desirable to advance on the subject, we'd like to emphasize 
solicitation of comments & reviews ...

Looking forward to your discussions!

See you in San Diego,

thomas

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6