Subject: [Mip6] RFC 4977 on Problem Statement: Dual Stack Mobility

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 14:09:26 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4977

        Title:      Problem Statement: Dual Stack Mobility 
        Author:     G. Tsirtsis, H. Soliman
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 16758
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mip6-dsmip-problem-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4977.txt

This document discusses the issues associated with mobility
management for dual stack mobile nodes.  Currently, two mobility
management protocols are defined for IPv4 and IPv6.  Deploying both
in a dual stack mobile node introduces a number of problems.
Deployment and operational issues motivate the use of a single
mobility management protocol.  This document discusses such
motivations.  The document also discusses requirements for the Mobile
IPv4 (MIPv4) and Mobile IPv6 (MIPv6) protocol so that they can
support mobility management for a dual stack node.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Mobility for IPv6
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6