Subject: [Mip6] Protocol Action: 'Mobile IPv6 bootstrapping in split scenario' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:43:20 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Mobile IPv6 bootstrapping in split scenario '
   <draft-ietf-mip6-bootstrapping-split-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Mobility for IPv6 Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip6-bootstrapping-split-07.txt

Technical Summary
 
  A Mobile IPv6 node requires a Home Agent address, a home address,
  and IPsec security associations with its Home Agent before it can
  start utilizing Mobile IPv6 service. RFC 3775 requires that some or
  all of these are statically configured. This document defines how a
  Mobile IPv6 node can bootstrap this information from non-topological
  information and security credentials preconfigured on the Mobile
  Node. The solution defined in this document solves the bootstrapping
  problem from draft-ietf-mip6-bootstrapping-ps-02 when the Mobile
  Node's mobility service is authorized by a different service
  provider than basic network access, and is therefore generically
  applicable to any bootstrapping case.

Working Group Summary

  No major concerns or issues have come up in the WG w.r.t this I-D.

Protocol Quality

  No known implementations of this protocol are available at this
  time. Several WG members have indicated plans to implement this
  specification. This work is also relevant for bootstrapping of MIP6
  and may be adopted by other SDOs. All relevant reviewers and
  contributors have been acknowledged.

  This specification has been reviewed by Jari Arkko for the
  IESG.

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6