Subject: [Mip6] CFP -- The Second IEEE International Workshop on Wireless Mesh and Ad Hoc Networks (WiMAN 2008)

From: "Zhang, Liqiang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:26:53 -0400

Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this email

------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------

        The Second IEEE International Workshop on Wireless Mesh and Ad
Hoc Networks 

                                       (WiMAN'08)

                      Beijing, China, June 20, 2008

                            in conjunction with ICDCS 2008

                   http://www.cs.iusb.edu/~liqzhang/WiMAN2008/index.htm

                         Submission Deadline: December 7, 2007 

************************************************************************
****************

Recently, wireless mesh networking is attracting significant interest
from academia, 

industry, and standard organizations. With several favorable
characteristics, such 

as dynamic self-organization, self-configuration, self-healing, easy
maintenance, 

high scalability and reliable services, wireless mesh networks have been
advocated 

as a cost-effective approach to support high-speed last mile
connectivity and 

ubiquitous broadband access in the context of home networking,
enterprise networking, 

or community networking. Despite recent advances, and the technical
accumulations 

from more than a decade's research effort in mobile ad hoc networks,
many research 

issues remain in all protocol layers of wireless mesh networks. For
example, the 

introducing of mixed (infrastructure and ad hoc) architecture,
multi-radio, 

multi-channel, and multi-antenna, have brought new challenges in the
design of 

physical, MAC, and routing protocols. New application scenarios, such as
all-wireless 

office, are urging researchers to address enhanced QoS support and
various security 

issues in the design of different protocol layers for wireless mesh
networks. 

This workshop aims to bring together the technologies and researchers
who share 

interest in the area of wireless mesh and ad hoc networks.  The main
purpose is to 

promote discussions of research and relevant activities in the design of
architectures, 

protocols, algorithms, services, and applications for wireless networks.
It also aims 

at increasing the synergy between academic and industry professionals
working in this 

area. We plan to seek papers that address theoretical, experimental, and
work in-progress 

at the all layers of wireless mesh and ad hoc networks, from application
layer to the 

physical layer.

Topics covered by the workshop will include, but are not limited to, the
following:

        Multi-radio and multi-channel wireless mesh networking 

        Wireless LAN, PAN, MAN and WAN

        Multi-hop wireless communications and ad hoc networking

        MAC protocols (IEEE 802.11, 802.15, 802.16, 802.20, and beyond) 

        Routing, scheduling, and channel assignment protocols

        Implications of smart antennas on MAC and routing protocols 

        Quality of Services provisioning

        Multimedia communications over mesh and ad hoc networks

        Network deployment, localization, and synchronization

        Topology construction and maintenance 

        Methods and tools for mesh and ad hoc networks simulation 

        Modeling and performance evaluations 

        Physical layer techniques

        Cross layer optimizations 

        Power-aware and energy-efficient protocols and algorithms

        Self-organization, self-configuration network architectures

        Intelligent system techniques for mesh and ad hoc networks

        Security-related issues in mesh and ad hoc networks

        Testbed, prototype, and practical systems

        Novel applications of mesh and ad hoc networks

     Vehicular mesh and ad hoc networks

        Wireless sensor networks

     Self-adaptive and self-organizing wireless networking systems

Important Dates

---------------

Paper submission due: December 7, 2007

Acceptance notification: February 11, 2008

Camera-ready due: March 9, 2008 

Workshop: June 20, 2008

Submissions and Publications

----------------------------

Authors are invited to submit manuscripts reporting original unpublished
research and 

recent developments in the topics related to the workshop. Submissions
should include 

an abstract, key words, the e-mail address of the corresponding author.
The length of 

the papers should be limited to 6 pages in standard IEEE camera-ready
format 

(double-column, 10-pt font) with at most two additional pages with extra
charge. 

One additional page costs $150. Submission method will be posted on the
workshop webpage 

shortly. Submission of a paper should be regarded as an undertaking
that, should the 

paper be accepted, at least one of the authors will register and attend
the workshop 

to present the work.  

All papers will be peer reviewed and the comments will be provided to
the authors.  

All accepted papers will be published in workshop proceedings by IEEE
Computer Society 

Press and IEEE online library. 

For details, please check:

http://www.cs.iusb.edu/~liqzhang/WiMAN2008/index.htm

************************************************************************
****************   

_______________________________________________
Mip6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6