Subject: [Mip6] MIPv6 on embedded devices

From: "Thiago Bemerguy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 18:57:04 -0300

Since there is already mipv6 support in linux, and the usage group develops
the mipv6 user application. Have someone tested embedded devices working as
home agents running (maybe) Openwrt?

---

From: Henrik Petander <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 12:59:31 +1000

Hi Thiago,

I haven't ported MIPv6 for OpenWRT, but we have Dual stack MIPv6 code
based on umip-2.02 running on Android (which is ARM based), so you
should be able to get the UMIP code working on other embedded Linux
systems as well.

If openwrt uses a recent 2.6 kernel, getting IPv6 and MIPv6 extension
headers working will probably only require cross compiling and
installing a kernel configured with the required options for MIPv6.
To get the userspace MIPv6 signaling daemon working could be a matter
of only running configure and make, if openwrt has a cross compilation
environment supporting automake tools.

Regards,
Henrik Petander

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 7:57 AM, Thiago Bemerguy
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature
> database 4084 (20090518) __________
>
> The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.
>
> http://www.eset.com
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mip6 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mip6
>
>

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 16:41:17 +0200

We have a working version of DSMIP6 as well on linux.
DSMIP6 works fairly well without the IPsec complexity.
It should be fairly straight forward to implement DSMIP6 on openwrt without
the IPsec/IKEv2 component.

-Basavaraj