Subject: [MLS] Final (?) batch of spec updates

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 10:53:13 -1000

Hi MLS folks,

There’s been some good work going on on the spec lately, and I believe we
have our final batch of technical PRs posted.  (There are a few editorial
issues outstanding that I would like to handle after we merge the technical
stuff.)

#484 Clarify node vs. leaf indices
https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/484

#483 Remove OPEN ISSUEs and TODOs
https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/483

#481 Constrain proposal in External Commit
https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/481

#480 Improve extensibility of Proposals
https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/480

#479 Clarify extension handling and make extension updatable
https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/479

#478 Inject GroupContext as HPKE info instead of AAD
https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/478

#477 Signal the intended wire format for MLS messages
https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/477

#476 Revisit the notion of identity in MLS groups
https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/476

Your review would be appreciated!  For the most part, these are pretty
small and low-impact.  I will direct your attention #476 in particular,
which touches on some slightly deeper questions of identity.

Cheers,
—Richard