Subject: [MLS] Post-interim PRs

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 22:12:30 -0400

Hi all,

Thanks for the good discussion on the interim call today.  I have posted a
salvo of PRs capturing where I think we ended up.  Given that these have
already had some discussion, if we could get some quick reviews, I think we
can go ahead and merge.  Then once we resolve the rsync discussion one way
or another, we can cut a new draft and kick off WGLC.

#487 - Remove the notion of a 'leaf index'
https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/487

#489 - Add RequiredCapabilities extension (implementing Rohan's suggestion)
https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/489

#490 - Use cascaded KDF instead of concatenation to consolidate PSKs
https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/490

Thanks a lot,
--Richard

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 14:02:33 -0400

Hey all,

One last request for comments before merging!  Since these all already got
discussion at the interim (and there's pretty clear resolution on #481 on
the mailing list), I will plan to merge over the weekend if there's no
further commentary.

Note that a couple of new PRs have come up this week:

#491 - Use key package hash to index clients in message structs
https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/491

#494 - Require PublicGroupStateTBS for external init
https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/494

We discussed #491 some on the interim, in the context of #487.  #494 is
resolving an implementation issue, and could use some eyes on it, since we
are proposing to **not** **inject** some information that is currently
injected into the key schedule.

Thanks,
--Richard

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 13:35:10 -0400

Richard,

Thanks for keeping on top of these and for getting the -12 version out.

spt

> On Oct 7, 2021, at 14:02, Richard Barnes <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hey all,
> 
> One last request for comments before merging!  Since these all already got discussion at the interim (and there's pretty clear resolution on #481 on the mailing list), I will plan to merge over the weekend if there's no further commentary.
> 
> We discussed #491 some on the interim, in the context of #487.  #494 is resolving an implementation issue, and could use some eyes on it, since we are proposing to **not** **inject** some information that is currently injected into the key schedule.
> 
> Thanks,
> --Richard
> 
> Thanks for the good discussion on the interim call today.  I have posted a salvo of PRs capturing where I think we ended up.  Given that these have already had some discussion, if we could get some quick reviews, I think we can go ahead and merge.  Then once we resolve the rsync discussion one way or another, we can cut a new draft and kick off WGLC.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> MLS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mls

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 14:52:04 -0400

No problem! I look forward to the WGLC announcement :)

On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 1:35 PM Sean Turner <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > One last request for comments before merging!  Since these all already
> got discussion at the interim (and there's pretty clear resolution on #481
> on the mailing list), I will plan to merge over the weekend if there's no
> further commentary.
> >
> > Thanks for the good discussion on the interim call today.  I have posted
> a salvo of PRs capturing where I think we ended up.  Given that these have