Subject: [MLS] Weekly github digest (MLS Working Group summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 00:55:55 -0700 (PDT)

Issues
------
* mlswg/mls-architecture (+0/-0/💬1)
  1 issues received 1 new comments:
  - #71 Definition of a group member can be strengthened (1 by kkohbrok)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-architecture/issues/71 [editorial] 

* mlswg/mls-protocol (+3/-3/💬4)
  3 issues created:
  - Key schedule text - figure mismatch (by kkohbrok)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/493 
  - Use `(identity, endpoint_id)` tuple instead of leaf indices in Message structs (by kkohbrok)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/486 
  - Mandatory extension types? (by rohan-wire)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/485 

  1 issues received 4 new comments:
  - #485 Mandatory extension types? (4 by bifurcation, rohan-wire, seanturner)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/485 

  3 issues closed:
  - Mandatory extension types? https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/485 
  - Extensions https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/473 
  - group_context is passed into HPKE's aad instead of info https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/470 

Pull requests
-------------
* mlswg/mls-architecture (+0/-1/💬0)
  1 pull requests merged:
  - Architecture Document Review 
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-architecture/pull/82 

* mlswg/mls-protocol (+8/-10/💬19)
  8 pull requests submitted:
  - Affiliation change (by raphaelrobert)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/495 
  - Require PublicGroupStateTBS for external init (by kkohbrok)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/494 
  - Add a 'reserved' field to WireFormat (by raphaelrobert)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/492 
  - Use identity and endpoint_id to index clients in message structs (by kkohbrok)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/491 
  - Use cascaded KDF instead of concatenation to consolidate PSKs (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/490 
  - Add RequiredCapabilities extension (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/489 
  - Add group_context_extensions proposal ID (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/488 
  - Remove the notion of a 'leaf index' (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/487 

  14 pull requests received 19 new comments:
  - #494 Require PublicGroupStateTBS for external init (2 by bifurcation, raphaelrobert)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/494 
  - #491 Use identity and endpoint_id to index clients in message structs (1 by kkohbrok)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/491 
  - #487 Remove the notion of a 'leaf index' (3 by bifurcation, rohan-wire)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/487 
  - #484 Clarify node vs. leaf indices (2 by bifurcation, seanturner)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/484 
  - #483 Remove OPEN ISSUEs and TODOs (1 by seanturner)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/483 
  - #481 Constrain proposal in External Commit (1 by seanturner)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/481 
  - #480 Improve extensibility of Proposals (2 by br-hale, seanturner)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/480 
  - #479 Clarify extension handling and make extension updatable (1 by seanturner)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/479 
  - #478 Inject GroupContext as HPKE info instead of AAD (1 by seanturner)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/478 
  - #477 Signal the intended wire format for MLS messages (1 by seanturner)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/477 
  - #476 Revisit the notion of identity in MLS groups (1 by seanturner)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/476 
  - #463 Remove AppAck proposal. (1 by seanturner)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/463 
  - #462 Make ratchet tree section clearer. (1 by seanturner)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/462 
  - #454 more editorial changes (1 by seanturner)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/454 

  10 pull requests merged:
  - Affiliation change
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/495 
  - Add a 'reserved' field to WireFormat
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/492 
  - Add group_context_extensions proposal ID
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/488 
  - Clarify extension handling and make extension updatable
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/479 
  - Remove OPEN ISSUEs and TODOs
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/483 
  - Inject GroupContext as HPKE info instead of AAD
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/478 
  - Signal the intended wire format for MLS messages
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/477 
  - Revisit the notion of identity in MLS groups
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/476 
  - Make ratchet tree section clearer.
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/462 
  - more editorial changes
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/454 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/mlswg/mls-architecture
* https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol
* https://github.com/mlswg/mls-federation