Subject: [MLS] Weekly github digest (MLS Working Group summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 00:55:55 -0800 (PST)

Issues
------
* mlswg/mls-protocol (+1/-9/💬15)
  1 issues created:
  - Invert definition of "partial" commit (by kkohbrok)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/596 

  7 issues received 15 new comments:
  - #591 Reinit logic clarification (5 by bifurcation, tomleavy)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/591 
  - #589 Replace labeled signing with signing wire format? (2 by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/589 
  - #588 external_key_id seems to have a double usage (3 by bifurcation, raphaelrobert)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/588 
  - #577 Add message/mls MIME Type (2 by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/577 
  - #576 Make credential succession checking the AS's job (1 by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/576 
  - #574 Consistency between "optional that MUST contain a value when …" and selects (1 by TWal)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/574 
  - #559 Remove redundant nodes from the tree (1 by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/559 

  9 issues closed:
  - Replace labeled signing with signing wire format? https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/589 
  - external_key_id seems to have a double usage https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/588 
  - Remove redundant nodes from the tree https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/559 
  - Reinit logic clarification https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/591 
  - Invert definition of "partial" commit https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/596 
  - Consistency between "optional that MUST contain a value when …" and selects https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/574 
  - Separation between pre-published key packages and leaf node content https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/539 
  - Make credential succession checking the AS's job https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/576 
  - Add message/mls MIME Type https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/577 

Pull requests
-------------
* mlswg/mls-protocol (+9/-10/💬28)
  9 pull requests submitted:
  - Update parent hash validation (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/603 
  - Limit the new variable length encoding to 30-bit (by raphaelrobert)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/602 
  - Remove dangling references to PublicGroupState (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/601 
  - Add version to MLSMessage (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/600 
  - Clean up from KeyPackage/LeafNode split (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/599 
  - Better name for preconfigured sender ID (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/598 
  - Require Commit.path by default (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/597 
  - Allowlist approach for proposals in external commit (by kkohbrok)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/595 
  - TLS syntax updates (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/594 

  11 pull requests received 28 new comments:
  - #603 Update parent hash validation (1 by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/603 
  - #602 Limit the new variable length encoding to 30-bit (1 by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/602 
  - #601 Remove dangling references to PublicGroupState (1 by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/601 
  - #600 Add version to MLSMessage (1 by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/600 
  - #597 Require Commit.path by default (2 by bifurcation, kkohbrok)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/597 
  - #595 Allowlist approach for proposals in external commit (3 by bifurcation, kkohbrok, rohan-wire)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/595 
  - #594 TLS syntax updates (4 by TWal, bifurcation, rohan-wire)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/594 
  - #593 Clean up the description of tree evolution. (2 by bifurcation, rohan-wire)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/593 
  - #592 Add a simple ProofCredential alternative to Certificate. (7 by Bren2010, bifurcation, kkohbrok, rohan-wire)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/592 
  - #587 Stop generating redundant PKE key pairs. (5 by TWal, bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/587 
  - #527 Stronger parent hashes for authenticated identities (1 by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/527 [work in progress] 

  10 pull requests merged:
  - Clean up from KeyPackage/LeafNode split
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/599 
  - Better name for preconfigured sender ID
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/598 
  - Stop generating redundant PKE key pairs.
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/587 
  - Clean up the description of tree evolution.
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/593 
  - Require Commit.path by default
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/597 
  - TLS syntax updates
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/594 
  - Allowlist approach for proposals in external commit
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/595 
  - Split LeafNode from KeyPackage
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/575 
  - Move validation of identity change to the AS
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/584 
  - Add message/mls MIME type registration
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/581 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/mlswg/mls-architecture
* https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol
* https://github.com/mlswg/mls-federation