Subject: [MLS] Review request: Last few PRs before draft-13

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 15:15:48 -0500

Hi all,

I did another round of MLS Issue/PR processing today, and wanted to provide
a few updates to the group.  Please note the "not merged" items below,
which could use your feedback:

I merged the following PRs:

  #606 - Normalize on 'copath'
  #603 - Update parent hash validation
  #602 - Limit the new variable length encoding to 30-bit
  #601 - Remove dangling references to PublicGroupState
  #527 - Stronger parent hashes for authenticated identities work in
progress

The following PRs are not merged, and could use feedback:

  #600 - Add version to MLSMessage

I think this is ready to merge, but would appreciate confirmation that
other folks think the approach is right with regard to KeyPackage.

  #605 - Add mime_type object before application_data
  #592 - Add a simple ProofCredential alternative to Certificate.

It's not clear to me that these are needed, as discussed in the PR.  But
more perspectives would be valuable here, either for, against, "something
different", or "meh".

I would like to publish draft-13 of the protocol before the IETF meeting.
The deadline for that is Monday, March 7, so it would be good if we could
come to resolution on #592 and #605 this week.

Thanks,
--Richard