Subject: [MMUSIC] Small typos in draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new-10.txt

From: "Dan Firac" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 11:20:24 +0300

Hello all,

I found some small typos in SDP ABNF, and I have some suggetions.

1)
         email-safe =          1*(%x01-09/%x0B-0C/%x0E-27/
                                     %x2A-3B/%x3D/%x3E-FF)
                                    ;any byte except NUL, CR, LF, or the quoting
                                    ;characters ()<>

The '>' character is 0x3E, so the last alternative should be %x3F-FF.

2) As shown above email-safe is one or more, let's say, email-safe-chars.
This definition of email-safe appears in the following definitions:
         email-address =     email *SP "(" 1*email-safe ")" /
                                     1*email-safe "<" email ">" /
                                      email
         ...
         phone-number =    phone *SP "(" 1*email-safe ")" /
                                     1*email-safe "<" phone ">" /
                                     phone

And it is used as one ore more email-safe. Something is redundant here.
In order to modify less, I think email-safe definition should be:
         email-safe =          %x01-09/%x0B-0C/%x0E-27/
                                     %x2A-3B/%x3D/%x3F-FF

3) In order to be more clear 'email-safe' name could be changed to 'email-safe-char' (IMHO).

4) For clarification reasons, you should include a definition for 'decimal-uchar', as it is not
a core ANBF type.
It is used as:
           b1 =                  decimal-uchar
                                    ; less than "224"; not "0" or "127"
Its definition is simple, but should be included.
I think it might look like:
           decimal-uchar =   DIGIT / POS-DIGIT DIGIT /
                                     ("1" 2DIGIT) / 
                                     ("2" ("0"/"1"/"2"/"3"/"4" ) DIGIT) /
                                     ("25" ("0"/"1"/"2"/"3"/"4"/"5"))

If I am wrong with 2), please correct me.

Best regards,
Dan Firac
Software Engineer,
Redline Communications,
Romania.
Phone: +40 723 260 623