Subject: RE: [dccp] Re: [MMUSIC] Two-way media with DCCP and TFRC

From: "Phelan, Tom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 09:46:32 -0400

Hi Brian,

> All of these calculations break if it's video rather than audio.
> We need reasonable rules for video also.  The same problems
> occur, although some video algorithms are not constant data rate.

Do we have the same problem that we have with voice?  That is, silence
suppression reduces the transmit rate to zero for many RTTs.  Does
"stillness" suppression also reduce the rate to zero?  Or is there a minimum
rate that's greater than zero?

Tom P.

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 09:50:43 -0400

In a conference, it is quite common that video-follows-audio, i.e., only 
the current (and maybe the most recent) speaker sends video. Thus, the 
problem is somewhat similar - when somebody starts speaking, you want to 
immediately have decent-quality video of that speaker.