Subject: [MMUSIC] Call for Papers: WiOpt'04

From: Holger Karl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 15:59:52 +0200

Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this call!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:  The submission deadline is 5th of November, 2003.

         ***************************************************
         ********          CALL FOR PAPERS          ********
         ***************************************************
         *                                                 *
         *                   WiOpt '04                     *
         *                                                 *
         *     2nd Workshop on Modeling and Optimization   *
         *      in Mobile, Ad Hoc and Wireless Networks    *
         *                                                 *
         *        March 24 - 26, 2004, Cambridge, UK       *
         *                                                 *
         *                                                 *
         ***************************************************

                          Workshop Website:
            http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/wiopt04/

This workshop is intended to bring together leading researchers from
both academia and industry to present both foundations and practical
methods and tools for modeling and optimisation of mobile and ad hoc
networks.  The workshop will bring together researchers studying
optimisation issues of mobile networks from both the network
performance and the mobile networking perspectives:

*  Mobile Network Optimisation: Applications and Algorithms
*  Performance characterisation and optimisation of
   mobile/wireless networks and systems
*  Protocol design (MAC, Routing) for optimal mobile network
   utilisation
*  Tools for network optimisation
*  Energy efficiency in mobile networks
*  Security and co-operation models for mobile networks
*  Pricing and incentives in mobile and ad hoc networks.

Papers to be presented at WiOpt'04 will be selected based on extended
abstracts of up to 8 pages, double-spaced, 12 point font size. The
submission should not exceed 3000 words including tables and figures,
each of which count as 250 words.  Authors of accepted presentations
will have the opportunity to publish either the extended abstract or
the full paper in a proceedings volume. Full papers will further be
considered for publication in a special issue of the MONET journal. 

Plenary Speakers:

Bruce Hajek (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA) 
Ian Akyildiz (Georgia Institute of Technology, USA) 

IMPORTANT DATES:
Submission of extended abstract: Nov.  5, 2003.
Notification of acceptance:      Jan. 15, 2003.
Camera ready copy:               Feb. 15, 2003.

(Further details on the workshop website,
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/wiopt04/)

General chairman: Imrich Chlamtac

Vice General Chair: Roger Whitaker 

Program Co-Chairs: Marco Conti and Tamer Basar

Program committee of the conference:

Eitan Altman, Venkat Anantharam, Konstantin Avrachenkov, Andrew
Campbell, A. Chockalingam, Jon Crowcroft, Silvia Giordano, Stephen
V. Hanly, Jean-Pierre Hubaux, Holger Karl, Peter Key, P. R. Kumar,
Peter Marbach, Philippe Nain, Sven Oestring, Yoshikuni Onozato, Ramesh
Rao, Ness Shroff, Violet Syrotiuk, Thierry Turletti, Adam Wolisz, Jeff
Wieselthier

Local Arrangements Co-Chair: Sven Oestring and Julian Chesterfield

Publicity Chair: Holger Karl

Sponsors:
The workshop is co-sponsored by
        * Univ. of Cambridge
        * IIT (Istituto di Informatica e Telematica)
        * Intel
        * Microsoft
        * IEEE IT Society (technical co-sponsorship)
(ACM sponsorship is pending.)

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic