Subject: [MMUSIC] draft-ietf-avt-rtp-h264-03.doc question

From: "Amir Wolf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:44:10 +0200

Hi All,
I have one question about the above draft related to packetization-mode.
The draft specifies that when packetization-mode is set to 2 

single NAL unit packets and STAP-As MUST NOT be present in the stream.

I really don't understand this limitation, It is possible for a server to use MTAP when having small frames, though aggregating several frames in one RTP packet to fill the MTU size.

On the other hand, when getting a large frame, The server may use STAP-A and not STAP-B to reduce overheads.

Am I missing something?

Thanks 

Amir wolf

Direct: +972-9-7699386

Mobile: +972-55-509035

Fax: +972 9 7699 373

EMBLAZE Systems,Ltd. www.emblaze.com

22 Zarhin St. Raanana  43662, ISRAEL

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:11:31 +0100

Hi Amir,

This question belong to the AVT mailing list not MMUSIC. If you respond 
please exclude the MMUSIC list.

The reason for not allowing the usage of single NAL unit packets and 
STAP-As in Interleaved mode is that they do not contain Decoding Order 
Numbers. To avoid the inconsistencies with some NALU having DON and 
other not, this restriction is in place. You will have to use STAP-B in 
interleaved mode to send a single NALU. This is the overhead you will 
have to pay for using interleaving mode.

I hope that clarifies things.

Cheers

Magnus

Amir Wolf wrote:
> I really don't understand this limitation, It is possible for a server
> to use MTAP when having small frames, though aggregating several frames
> in one RTP packet to fill the MTU size.
> 

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic