Subject: [MMUSIC] CFP of CIT2004

From: "hui wang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:03:33 +0900

With our apologize for any duplicates;

--------------------  CIT2004  CALL FOR PAPER   -----------------------

The 2004 International Conference on Computer and Information Technology 
                               (CIT2004)
                  Wuhan, China, 14-16 September 2004, 

                  http://smlsvr01.u-aizu.ac.jp/~cit2004/

CALL FOR PAPERS         

   Information technology has been widely considered as one of the most 
important emerging technologies for the 21st century, which has been made 
great impact on people and society. In the recent years, throughout 
society, the explosion of computer network and information technology 
has been changing the way people work and live. This conference serves as 
one of the major forums for researchers and practitioners from academia 
and industry to discuss and exchange ideas and opinions, and envision 
the future of computer and information technology. 

   In 2004, it will specially focus on graphics, multimedia, web services, 
and wireless/mobile/pervasive computing in the related research, 
development and application fields. Topics of particular interest 
include, but are not limited to:

1) Graphics and MultimediaGraphics systems, 

 shape abstraction modeling, 
 geometric modeling, 
 rendering algorithms, 
 virtual reality techniques, 
 volume visualization, 
 animation techniques, 
 pattern recognition, 
 image understanding, 
 interactive multimedia systems, 
 networked multimedia, 
 human-computer interaction

2) Web-based Services 
 
 Web data management, 
 web mining, 
 semantic web, 
 web services performance and modeling, 
 e-learning, 
 XML structures, 
 grid-based services, 
 grid middleware and tools, 
 distributed algorithms, 
 peer-to-peer networks, 
 next generation internet technologies
 
3) wireless/mobile/pervasive Computing

 Wireless computing systems, 
 ad hoc networking service discovery, 
 wireless-phone computing, 
 mobile communication, 
 portable devices and smart sensors, 
 wearable computers and PDAs, 
 pervasive system concepts and architectures, 
 pervasive applications, 
 infrastructure and networks of ubiquitous computing
 
4) Applications 

 Intelligent health care system, 
 information retrieval, 
 knowledge management, 
 information design, 
 medical information systems, 
 database and application systems, 
 software agents, 
 software engineering, 
 natural language processing

IMPORTANT DATES

 Paper submission due:         20 April 2004
 Acceptance notification:      5 June 2004
 Camera-ready due:             25 June 2004
 Author registration:          20 July 2004

PUBLICATIONS        

    The accepted papers have to be presented orally within 25 minutes 
included discussion at the conference and will be published in 
proceedings of CIT2004 by IEEE Computer Society. The selected best 
papers will be published in special issues of International Journals.

BEST PAPER AWARDS

    The program committee will select one winner for the Best Paper Award 
(all regular papers are eligible) and one winner for the Best Student Paper 
Award (only the regular papers whose first author is a full-time student 
are eligible). Each winner will be presented with a certification and 
a cheque. SUBMISSION GUIDELINESSubmissions should include an abstract, 
5-7 keywords, the e-mail address of the corresponding author, and must not 
exceed 8 pages (IEEE format), including tables and figures, with PDF, 
PostScript, or MS Word format.

    Submission of a paper should be regarded as an undertaking that, should 
the paper be accepted, at least one of the authors will attend the 
conference to present the work. Submissions to CIT2004 will be conducted 
electronically on the CIT2004 website. Authors unable to access e-mail 
may send 4 hard copies of their papers to:

 PC Co-Chair, Dr. Hui Wang
 School of Computer Science and Engineering, 
 University of Aizu,Ikki-machi, Aizu-Wakamatsu City,
 Fukushima 965-8580, Japan
 
 Email: [email-masked] 
 Tel: +81-242-37-2666
 Fax: +81-242-37-2728

CONFERENCE WEB SITE:        
 http://smlsvr01.u-aizu.ac.jp/~cit2004/
 
HONORARY GENERAL CHAIRS

 Jingnan Liu, Wuhan University, China
 Tetsuhiko Ikegami, University of Aizu, Japan

GENERAL CHAIRS

 Daming Wei, University of Aizu, Japan
 Yanxiang He, Wuhan University, China

ADVISORY COMMITTEE
 
 Chris Constantinou, Stanford University, USA
 Chin-Chen Chang, National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan
 Huowang Chen, Changsha Institute of Technology, China
 Keqing He, Wuhan University, China
 Lishan Kang, Wuhan University, China 
 Kae Dal Kwack, Hanyang University, Korea
 Deyi Li, Institute of China Electronic System Engineering, China
 Sanli Li, Tsinghua University, China
 Bole Shi, Fudan University, China
 Gengfeng Wu, Shanghai University, China
 Guoqing Wu, Wuhan University, China
 Fumio Okuyama, Suzuka University of Mecial Science, Japan
 Yoneo Yano, Tokushima University, Japan 
 
PROGRAM COMMITTEE CHAIRS
 
 Hui Wang, University of Aizu, Japan
 Zhiyong Peng, Wuhan University, China 
 Atsushi Kara, University of Aizu, Japan

PUBLICITY CHAIRS

 Qun Jin, Waseda University, Japan
 Qing Li, City University of Hong Kong, China
 Yanchun Zhang, Victoria University, Australia

LOCAL ORGANISATION  COMMITTEE
 
 Shi Ying, Wuhan University, China
 Xusheng Yang, Wuhan University, China
 Huaibei Zhou, Wuhan University, China
 Jiaheng Cao, Wuhan University, China
 Xuhui Li, Wuhan University, China

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

 Saeid Belkasim, Georgia State University, USA                             
 Subhash Bhalla, University of Aizu, Japan                                 
 Wenxi Chen, University of Aizu, Japan                                             
 Zixue Cheng, University of Aizu, Japan                                    
 Michael Cohen, University of Aizu, Japan                                  
 Brian d'Auriol, University of Texas at EP, USA                            
 Youdong Ding, Shanghai University, China                                  
 Zuxiang Fang, Fudan University, China                                     
 Jihong Guan, Wuhan University, China                                     
 Guoqing Gu, East China Normal University, China                           
 Ning Gu, Fudan University, China                                          
 Minyi Guo, University of Aizu, Japan                                      
 Khairuddin Hashim, Tun Abdul Razak University, Malaysia                  
 Toshihiro Hayashi, Saga University, Japan                                 
 Aiguo He, University of Aizu, Japan                                       
 Tingting He, Huazhong Normal University, China                            
 Susantha Herath, St. Cloud State University, USA                          
 Hai Jin, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China             
 Hua Hu, Hangzhou Institute of Commerce, China                             
 Jicheng Hu, Wuhan University, China                                      
 Xiaohua Hu, Drexel University, USA                                        
 Jie Huang, University of Aizu, Japan                                      
 Rajgopal Kannan, Louisiana State University, USA                              
 Keqin Li, State University of New York, USA                               
 Minglu Li, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China                           
 Vitaliy Kluev, University of Aizu, Japan                                  
 Yiwen Liang, Wuhan University, China                                     
 Yong Liu, University of Aizu, Japan                                       
 Zhen Liu, Nagasaki Institute of Applied Science, Japan                    
 Jianhua Ma, Hosei University, Japan                                      
 William L. Martens, McGill University, Canada                             
 Geyong Min, University of Bradford, UK                                   
 Nikolay N. Mirenkov, University of Aizu, Japan                            
 Mukesh Mohania, IBM India Res Lab, India                                  
 Shoji Nishimura, Waseda University, Japan                                
 Fumio Okuyama, Suzuka University of Medical Science, Japan                               
 Incheon Paik, University of Aizu, Japan                                   
 Yi Pan, Georgia State University , USA                                    
 Lim Ee Peng, Nanyang Technological University , Singapore                 
 Sibabrata Ray, University  of Alabama, USA                                
 Kazuyuki Saito, University of Aizu, Japan                                 
 Stanislav G. Sedukhin, University of Aizu, Japan                          
 Timothy K. Shih, Tamkang University, Taiwan                              
 Jung-Pil Shin, University of Aizu, Japan                                  
 Masahide Sugiyama, University of Aizu, Japan                              
 Xinmin Tian, Intel Corp., USA                                             
 Jari Veijalainen, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland                       
 Lina Wang, Wuhan University, China                                
 Ying-Hong Wang, Tamkang University, Taiwan                               
 Werner Winiwarter, University of Vienna, Austria                         
 Bing Wu, Dublin Institute Technology, Ireland                             
 Yang Xiao, University  of Memphis, USA                                    
 Laurence T. Yang, St. Francis Xavier University , Canada                  
 Jeffrey Xu Yu, Chinese University of Hong Kong, China                    
 Qiangfu Zhao, University of Aizu, Japan                                   
 Liang Zhang, Fudan University, China                                     
 Shensheng Zhang, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China                     
 Shuigeng Zhou, Fudan University, China                                   
 Xiaofang Zhou, University of Queensland, Australia                      
  
--------------------  CIT2004  THE END   -----------------------