Subject: [MMUSIC] bandwidth parameter in offer/answer

From: "Veda Hegde" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:09:34 -0800

Hi,

Based 3264, ofererer and answerer can include a bandwidth parameter to
indicate the receive bandwidth. Both offerer and answerer should not send
more than what is specified in the bandwith parameter.

2327 says that b=AS:... is the maximum bandwidth an application can use.

Can answerer include a bandwidth value that is greater than what is offered
if answerer can receive more than what the offerer can receive?

Thanks,
Veda

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 01:24:25 -0500

> if answerer can receive more than what the offerer can receive?

Yes. The bandwidth parameters in each direction are independent of each 
other.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com