Subject: [MMUSIC] RTSP: Text proposal for new error code 463 (Destination Prohibited)

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 16:42:17 +0100

Hi,

Sean has provided text for the 463 error code. I think it looks fine, 
and would like check if there is any further feedback before including 
it in the specification.

Cheers

Magnus

---- Proposal begins  -----

For Table 4:
    463   Destination Prohibited     SETUP

Add new section:

13.4.15 463 Destination Prohibited

The data transmission channel was not established because the server
prohibited access to the client address.  This error is most likely the
result of a client attempt to redirect media traffic to another
destination with a either a Destination or a dest_addr parameter in the
Transport field.

Add to section 14.45 Transport, "destination" subsection:

If the server does not allow the destination field to be set, it SHALL 
return
463 (Destination Prohibited).

Add to section 14.45 Transport, "dest_addr" subsection:

If the server does not allow the dest_addr field to be set, it SHALL return
463 (Destination Prohibited).

------- end of proposal -----------

--

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic