Subject: [MMUSIC] Review of MRCPv2

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:22:11 +0000

Folks,

We've received a request from the SPEECHSC working group asking for 
expert review of the MRCPv2 protocol, in particular their use of SDP. 
This note is to solicit feedback on the draft, which should be sent 
directly to the SPEECHSC working group.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-06.txt

The abstract is:

    This document describes a proposal for a Media Resource Control
    Protocol Version 2 (MRCPv2) and aims to meet the requirements
    specified in the SPEECHSC working group requirements document. It is
    based on the Media Resource Control Protocol (MRCP), also called
    MRCPv1 developed jointly by Cisco Systems, Inc., Nuance
    Communications, and Speechworks Inc.

    The MRCPv2 protocol will control media service resources like speech
    synthesizers, recognizers, signal generators, signal detectors, fax
    servers etc. over a network. This protocol depends on a session
    management protocol such as the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) to
    establish a separate MRCPv2 control session between the client and
    the server. It also depends on SIP to establish the media pipe and
    associated parameters between the media source or sink and the media
    server. Once this is done, the MRCPv2 protocol exchange can happen
    over the control session established above allowing the client to
    command and control the media processing resources that may exist on
    the media server.

Colin

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic