Subject: [MMUSIC] The qvix-1.0.1.tar.gz

From: Marc Manthey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:29:10 +0100

dear wg,
recently i found  out that there was a project called "qVIX / CU30"
<snip>
....member Aron Rosenberg '02 decided that porting the Windows  
implementation of CU30 to GNU/Linux would be worthwhile, as GNU/Linux  
had very few video conferencing applications at the time and Linux  
users tend to be  earlier adopters of new software than Windows users.
</snip>

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/boom/2001sp/rosenberg/

<snip>
qVIX couldn't have been written without the work done by the GNU  
Project. While qVIX does use lots of tools developed by GNU, it relies  
heavily on the Linux kernel for several of its interfaces.

</snip>

at the end  there is  an note
<snip>
Remember to keep in mind that this method is patented. The two US  
patents that cover this are 5,973,626 and  5,740,278.
</snip>

http://164.195.100.11/netacgi/nph-Parser? 
Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/ 
srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=\'5,740,278\'.WKU.&OS=PN/5,740,278&RS=PN/ 
5,740,278

http://164.195.100.11/netacgi/nph-Parser? 
Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/ 
srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=\'5,973,626\'.WKU.&OS=PN/5,973,626&RS=PN/ 
5,973,626

itsnt  this controverse ? or i am just to stupid to find the source  
code?

http://download.sourceforge.net/cu30/qvix-1.0.1.tar.gz

any help greatly apreciated

regards

marc from old germany

-- 
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed,
    everything would appear to man as it is, infinite."
    www.let.de            www.applehelpers.com

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic