Subject: [MMUSIC] The qvix-1.0.1.tar.gz

From: Marc Manthey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:13:09 +0100

hello all,

sorry for this second  mail , but i got  no response on my  first post.

Recently i found  out that there was a project called "qVIX / CU30"
<snip>
....member Aron Rosenberg '02 decided that porting the Windows  
implementation of CU30 to GNU/Linux would be worthwhile, as GNU/Linux  
had very few video conferencing applications at the time and Linux  
users tend to be  earlier adopters of new software than Windows users.
</snip>

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/boom/2001sp/rosenberg/

<snip>
qVIX couldn't have been written without the work done by the GNU  
Project. While qVIX does use lots of tools developed by GNU, it relies  
heavily on the Linux kernel for several of its interfaces.

</snip>

at the end  there is  an note
<snip>
Remember to keep in mind that this method is patented. The two US  
patents that cover this are 5,973,626 and  5,740,278.
</snip>

http://164.195.100.11/netacgi/nph-Parser? 
Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/ 
srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=\'5,740,278\'.WKU.&OS=PN/5,740,278&RS=PN/ 
5,740,278

http://164.195.100.11/netacgi/nph-Parser? 
Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/ 
srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=\'5,973,626\'.WKU.&OS=PN/5,973,626&RS=PN/ 
5,973,626

itsnt  this controverse ? or i am just to stupid to find the source  
code?

http://download.sourceforge.net/cu30/qvix-1.0.1.tar.gz

any help greatly apreciated

regards

marc from old germany

P.S. cu seeme  was invented  from Tim dorcey 1992 right?
-- 
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed,
    everything would appear to man as it is, infinite."
    www.let.de            www.applehelpers.com

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Marc Manthey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:18:11 +0100

On 17. Mar 2005, at 17:03 Uhr, Colin Perkins wrote:

> On 17 Mar 2005, at 15:13, Marc Manthey wrote:
> What is the relation of your question to the work of the IETF AVT or 
> MMUSIC working groups? I don't see anything relating to our work here, 
> which would seem to be the reason why you got no response.
>
> Colin

hello colin

Aron Rosenberg is member  of the  WG right?
The  programm i am talking about  is  an videoconferencing  application
based  on rtsp, right ?,
Developed by the  community and  several WGs .
The  source code is  developed from several Opensource sources
and  made  for  GPL. In germany  we call this thievery.

regards

marc

-- 
"I could give you reasons to kill a 100 people a day, but we are
grown-up, so let's have the lawyers do it for us."

www.let.de                     www.applehelpers.com
aim://macfreak2004             [email-masked]

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:43:01 +0000

On 17 Mar 2005, at 16:18, Marc Manthey wrote:
>> MMUSIC working groups? I don't see anything relating to our work 
>> here, which would seem to be the reason why you got no response.
>

The IETF has no formal membership, and anyone is welcome to participate 
in the working group provided they abide by IETF IPR disclosure rules 
(defined in RFC 3978 and RFC 3979).

> Developed by the  community and  several WGs .

IETF working groups develop technical standards, not applications.

> and  made  for  GPL. In germany  we call this thievery.

I'm not familiar with the source code of this particular application, 
so I can't comment on that allegation.

Do you have an issue with the standards that the IETF has developed?

Colin