Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-media-loopback-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: An Extension to the Session Description 
                          Protocol (SDP) for Media Loopback
	Author(s)	: K. Hedayat, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mmusic-media-loopback-01.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2005-7-6
	
The wide deployment of VoIP and Video over IP services has 
    introduced new challenges in managing and maintaining voice/video 
    quality, reliability, and overall performance.  In particular, 
    media delivery is an area that needs attention.  One method of 
    meeting these challenges is monitoring the media delivery 
    performance by looping media back to the transmitter.  This is 
    typically referred to as "active monitoring" of services.   Media 
    loopback is especially popular in ensuring the quality of transport 
    to the edge of a given VoIP or Video over IP service.  Today in 
    networks that deliver real-time media, short of running 'ping' and 
    'traceroute' to the edge, service providers are left without the 
    necessary tools to actively monitor, manage, and diagnose quality 
    issues with their service.  The extension defined herein adds new 
    SDP media attributes which enables establishment of media sessions 
    where the media is looped back to the transmitter. Such media 
    sessions will serve as monitoring and troubleshooting tools by 
    providing the means for measurement of more advanced VoIP and Video 
    Over IP performance metrics.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-media-loopback-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mmusic-media-loopback-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-media-loopback-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic