Subject: [MMUSIC] mmusic-sdp-srcfilter

From: "Cullen Jennings" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 10:19:37 -0400

I may not understand all the requirements for this draft, I am only thinking
about some subset of them, but  ....

The draft does not address what happens when an address is included and
overlapping one is excluded. I don't understand the need for the exclude
rule. Since I don't understand the use for it, I would recommend removing
it.

I'm not sure I see the need to the IP4/IP6/* second sub-field. Seems like
you have this from of the c lines. I don't care one way or another, just a
random thought.

The forth sub field is a bit weird to separate with spaces because this is
the field separator - might want to use , or something as a separator. This
would make it easier to extend this later.

Given that the c lines can only have IP addresses, I don't see the need for
FQDN. Deciding how to get from a FQDN to a list of possible IP address can
be tricky - draft should discuss how to do that if this functionality is
needed.

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Ross Finlayson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 22:11:53 -0700

>overlapping one is excluded.

That cannot happen.  Note the following two sentences from section 3.1:

    An SDP description MUST NOT contain more than one session-level
    "source-filter" attribute that covers the same destination address,
    nor more than one media-level "source-filter" attribute that covers
    the same destination address.

    A media-level source-filter will always completely
    override a session-level source-filter.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>