Subject: [MMUSIC] RTSP: Making REDIRECT method required for Clients?

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:22:08 +0200

Hi,

Another method that I find hard to accept to be optional to implement 
for clients are REDIRECT. If REDIRECT is going to be possible to use at 
all a client must at least support the part of REDIRECT making clients 
terminate their sessions. They are not required to connect to the new 
server although implementation of that part is most likely desirable 
from a user perspective.

If one doesn't support REDIRECT then the only thing a server can do is 
to terminate a session without providing any alternatives to the client. 
I think that isn't a good interaction at all.

Comments?

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic