Subject: [MMUSIC] RTSP: Making PAUSE requried

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:15:49 +0200

Hi,

I have changed the PAUSE method to be required in implementations. This 
is due to that it is in fact basically required. Without it you can't 
stop media delivery without terminating a session. The argument in the 
previous draft version saying that it isn't needed for live streams 
seems to me be in error. Also live streams are initiated to be delivered 
unless they are multicasted. Thus the cases where RTSP is most commonly 
used PAUSE is a required method.

Objections?

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic