Subject: [MMUSIC] Notes from RTSP Review team, Tuesday April 3rd

From: "Jean-Francois Mule" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 07:24:20 -0600

Folks,

Below are the meeting notes from the RTSP Review Team
conference call we had on Tuesday April 3.

Our next call is scheduled for Wednesday April 18.

Jean-Francois.

--- RTSP/2.0 Review Team 
   Tuesday April 3,
   9am-10am Pacific, 12noon-1pm Eastern, and 6-7pm Western Europe.

--- Participants
Magnus Westerlund
Dave Singer
Jamie Gordon
Sean Sheedy
Reinaldo Penno
Colin Perkins
Henning Schulzrinne
Jean-Francois Mule

--- Agenda
 1/ Introductions
 2/ Objectives for the RTSP review team
 3/ Open issue list and logistics
 4/ Timeline for ID updates

--- Materials
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-14.txt
https://sourceforge.net/projects/rtspspec
mmusic list for rtsp threads

--- Brief Notes 
1/ Intros
2/ Objectives for the RTSP review team
A few folks commented on the objectives for the next round of updates
of the RTSP/2.0 draft:
   - Jean-Francois: the main objectives are to resolve technical issues,
     improve the readability of the document, get more reviews from
     RTSP implementers and get the Internet-Draft ready for publication.
   - Henning: having co-authored RTSP/1.0, Henning insisted on a
     document update that reflect best current practices and
     experiences. It should also ties in with other work in SIP arena,
     like NAT and firewall traversal in particular.
   - Magnus: has been working too far long on this update, just wants
     to get it done. Magnus indicated we should be open to document
     re-organization to get the spec shorter (split some things into
     other documents as appropriate if necessary).
   - Magnus: what is in the field now is not based on RTSP/1.0 so it
     would be nice to see an upgrade path to 2.0 for what is currently
     implemented. We should consider one or two good feature
     additions, may be things like:
                - session setup establishment enhancements,
                - NAT traversal (separate document?)

Dave, Jamie and Magnus had a brief chat about the list of what's in
the 2.0 draft vs. 1.0 (see the Appendix for details). Jamie indicated
that this section needs review as it may not be complete.

It was agreed that the Internet-Draft document should be converted to
xml to use the IETF tools like xml2rfc. Henning will take a first stab
at it and provide a rough xml draft to the review team by April 10 or
so. We will then split up the spec into sections (more manageable
documents given the size) and folks on the review team will fix things
manually in the converted xml (e.g. some tags may not get closed
properly, figures, etc.). The Tex sources are available on
sourceforge.

3/ Open issue list and logistics
We will use the sourceforge project page as our base:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/rtspspec

Colin reminded everyone that the mmusic list must be used for all
technical discussions, and that meeting notes from the review meetings
will be posted to the mmusic list.

We also agreed to create a new email reflector for the members of the
review team to facilitate discussions among the reviewers and for
editorial stuff:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/rtspspec-reviewers

The open issue list below is based on the sourceforge's bugs:
   1692711      Clarify when RTCP is needed RTSP context
   1605339      Clarify the meaing of a=recvonly and sendonly
   1601668      Clarify what the Server may send in Range compared with
SDP
   1600409      Resolve EKR's Security comments
   1599785      Proposal to create range of private error codes
   1599774      Resolve Sec comments
   1599730      Session ID is not providing real security
   1599715      Clarify Section B.2.2 on when TCP connection estbl
happens
   1599707      Clarify Independent TCP (Section B.2.2)
Jean-Francois will split EKR's security comments into multiple issues.
It was agreed to allow more time for folks to prepare so we did not go
through the open issues in detail.

4/ Timeline for ID updates
It would be good to have at least 2 updates prior to the next IETF
meeting.

We concluded the call by setting up the date and time for the next
call:
       Wednesday April 18,
       9am-10am Pacific, 12noon-1pm Eastern, and
       6-7pm Western Europe.

> end.

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic