Subject: [MMUSIC] ICE-15 and SHOULD in 4.1.1.2.

From: "Jean-Francois Mule" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 03:02:24 -0600

Jonathan,

   I must say that the ICE-15 draft is well written and that it shows
the considerable efforts you made to improve the text - thank you.

   I had no comments in the WGLC period as I did not find any technical
issues with the proposed solution in the limited time I spent to review
the draft.  Here is one comment though for your consideration (based on
re-reading a few sections in the context of the micro-lite thread).

--- Use of SHOULD in 4.1.1.2. 
Section 4.1.1.2. must distinguish between 
	- what a developer must implement to have a compliant agent of
full ICE (independent of the agent's deployment usage), and, 
	- what the agent is allowed to disable during the protocol
operations due to "provider variations".
Reading the text, you spend time explaining the SHOULD relaxation due to
the latter. This section must clearly state that a compliant agent of
full ICE MUST implement "this and that", e.g. STUN and both the STUN
Allocate tand Binding requests. Then the conditional MUST you have in
paragraph 2 of 4.1.1.2 can stress the usage.

I note WGLC is over however, ignore as you wish or use as you see fit.

Jean-Francois.

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic