Subject: [MMUSIC] Protocol Action: 'Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE): A Protocol for Network Address Translator (NAT) Traversal for Offer/Answer Protocols' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 16:50:53 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE): A Protocol for Network 
   Address Translator (NAT) Traversal for Offer/Answer Protocols '
   <draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-19.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Jon Peterson.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-19.txt

         Technical Summary
This document defines a protocol for Network Address Translator (NAT)
traversal for multimedia sessions established with the offer/answer
model.  This protocol is called Interactive Connectivity Establishment
(ICE).  ICE makes use of the Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN)
protocol and its extension, Traversal Using Relay NAT (TURN).  ICE can
be used by any protocol utilizing the offer/answer model, such as the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).

          Working Group Summary
The MMUSIC Working Group has consensus to publish this document as a
Proposed Standard.

          Document Quality
Previous versions of this protocol have been implemented. A number of
implementers have indicated plans to support this protocol once
published.

      Personnel
The Document Shepherd is Jean-Francois Mule, and the Responsible Area
Director is Cullen Jennings.

Note to RFC Editor
 
Please change the header so that it obsoletes both 4091 and 4092.
OLD
     Obsoletes: RFC 4091
NEW
     Obsoletes: RFC 4091, 4092

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic