Subject: [MMUSIC] RTSP 2.0: Issue [ 1701610 ] CR LF mitigations.

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 17:11:20 +0200

Hi,

Joe Pallas suggested that we remove this text. I am actually agreeing
with his proposal. Any objections?

"In RFC 2326, receivers were advised to be prepared to also interpret CR
and LF by themselves as line terminators in addition to CRLF. If a
server or client wishes to support RFC 2326, it should treat a CR or LF
by itself as a CRLF."

For seeing the whole issue text see:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1701610&group_id=23194&atid=377744

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM/M
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Rémi Denis-Courmont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 21:54:59 +0300

> with his proposal. Any objections?

I agree there is no need to recommend support for sole CR or LF. However, I 
hope that receivers will not be explicitly forbidden from accepting sole CR 
or sole LF. Lets face it, some developpers will still debug their RTSP stack 
with telnet, sending only LF, so they will want *their* stack to accept this, 
whatever the spec says.

-- 
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:58:11 +0200

> with telnet, sending only LF, so they will want *their* stack to accept this, 

Well, the standard says that one needs to send CRLF. However, if an
implementor likes to have support for receiving LF or CR individually,
that is fine, and their issue to deal with the potential problems.

cheers

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Rémi Denis-Courmont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 16:56:53 +0300

> with his proposal. Any objections?

I don't mind, so long as receivers are not forbidden from accepting sole CR or 
sole LF.

-- 
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/