Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mmusic-file-transfer-mech-08.txt

From: Joerg Ott <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 14:15:18 +0300

Hi,

in our understanding, the updated draft -08 addresses all the WGLC
comments.  The changes are of editorial nature and add clarifications.
Having seen no further comments on the list, we plan to request
pulbication on 7 August 2008.

Jean-Francois and Joerg

> Hi:
> 
> As you probably noticed, we have submitted a new version of the file 
> transfer draft. This version addresses the comments that we got during 
> the WGLC. Besides editorial fixes, the core of the new text lies in 
> Section 8.4, which describes the procedures to abort an ongoing file 
> transfer. There are now three new figures and the text has been 
> extensively clarified. I hope this helps now, but I want to warn you 
> that for a proper understanding of this section you need to clearly 
> understand how MSRP works.
> 
> /Miguel
> 
> [email-masked] wrote:
> 
>>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
>>This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.
>>
>>
>>	Title           : A Session Description Protocol (SDP) Offer/Answer Mechanism to Enable File Transfer
>>	Author(s)       : M. Garcia-Martin, et al.
>>	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-file-transfer-mech-08.txt
>>	Pages           : 48
>>	Date            : 2008-05-20
>>
>>This document provides a mechanism to negotiate the transfer of one
>>or more files between two endpoints by using the Session Description
>>Protocol (SDP) offer/answer model specified in RFC 3264.  SDP is
>>extended to describe the attributes of the files to be transferred.
>>The offerer can either describe the files it wants to send, or the
>>files it would like to receive.  The answerer can either accept or
>>reject the offer separately for each individual file.  The transfer
>>of one or more files is initiated after a successful negotiation.
>>The Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP) is defined as the default
>>mechanism to actually carry the files between the endpoints.  The
>>conventions on how to use MSRP for file transfer are also provided in
>>this document.
>>
>>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-file-transfer-mech-08.txt
>>
>>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
>>ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
>>
>>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
>>implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
>>Internet-Draft.
>>
>>
>>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>I-D-Announce mailing list
>>[email-masked]
>>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
>>Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
>>or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
> 
> 

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic