Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] draft-westerlund-mmusic-3gpp-sdp-rtsp-05.txt - section 7.7

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 14:09:33 +0200

Jaehwan Kim skrev:
> Hi Magnus,
> 
> The section 7.7, "RTSP URI extension" in this draft looks like saying an extension of RTSP request URI, while I understand that 5.3.3.1 of 3GPP TS26.234 just defines a special format of SDP a=control URI for 3GPP service. 
> 
> Therefore, the possible revise would be:
> ---
> 7.7. SDP a=control URI format
> In 3GPP RTSP streaming session, a=control URI must have a track ID information. The value of a=control URI, stream identifiers must be expressed using the following syntax:
> 
> streamIdentifier 	= <stream-id-token>"="<stream-id>
> stream-id-token 	= 1*alpha
> stream-id	= 1*digit
> 
> This stream-id must be equal to the value of track-ID field in the track header (tkhd) box associated with the media track of "3GP" file format [PSS-3GP]. 
> 
> When hinted track is used, embedded SDP must also follow this rule.
> In 3GPP, streaming-server profile of 3GP format defines hinted track.
> (See 5.3.3.1 of [PSS-234]).
> ---
> 
> In generic RTSP streaming, we could use a free format, e.g. a=control:audio or a=control:video. But in 3GPP, a=control must contain trackID or streamID with '='. We understand this is the main point of this clause. 

Hi,

I looked over this before submitting the new version. However, I don't 
see the problems with the text that currently is there. I think it is 
quite clear that what is defined is a voluntary syntax restriction 
within the regular URI syntax used for identifying tracks.

I also don't want to have formal definitions in this document as the 
3GPP document is the normative one. Thus I find it bad to include the 
full ABNF for it.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Färögatan 6                | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic