Subject: [MMUSIC] draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-01: compressed IPv6 address

From: "Brett Tate" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 13:32:04 -0400

Greetings,

Concerning section 5.2 of rfc4566 and draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-01,
the following is mentioned concerning <unicast-address> which impacts
the origin line. 

"For an address type of IP6, this is either the fully qualified domain
name of the machine or the compressed textual representation of the IP
version 6 address of the machine."

Should "compressed" be removed or related rfc2119 key words be added
somewhere concerning use of "compressed" address?  If no change is made,
should the text be understood as MAY, SHOULD, MUST, or other in relation
to using a non compressed IP6 address?  Does the section 5.2
<unicast-address> "compressed" text indirectly also apply to the
connection line?

Thanks,
Brett
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic