Subject: [MMUSIC] ICE-19: Question on retransmit and check list timers

From: Eilon Yardeni <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:28:46 -0700 (PDT)

My apologize if these questions were raised before, I couldn't find any
reference to these issues when searching through previous posts.

- The check list timer described in Section 5.8 may get terminated if 
  there are no more pairs in the Frozen or Waiting states.
  My question is what happens if later on a pair has to be enqueued 
  in the triggered check queue ? (i.e. when a 487 error response arrives)
  Should the agent restart the timer in case its off and a pair is 
  enqueued in the triggered check queue?

- Section 16 explains how to set the Retransmission TimeOut (RTO). 
  Should the underlying STUN client adjust the RTO according to 
  Karn's algorithm as rfc3489bis recommends, or the RTO remains 
  fixed for all the transactions to the STUN server (TURN server or ICE
peer)?

  It might be that if RTO is adjusted, we won't get the pacing described 
  in Appendix B.1. and retransmission of packet A2 will happen sooner than
3Ta.

Thanks.

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/ICE-19%3A-Question-on-retransmit-and-check-list-timers-tp18512528p18512528.html
Sent from the IETF - mmusic mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic