Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] Non - Aggregation

From: Mohammad Alam <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 11:44:34 +0530 (IST)

Hi JaehwanCan you name me one open source/freeware RTSP client that supports non - aggregation.I think VLC and QTSS does not support non - aggregation.
RegardsAlam

--- On Mon, 6/7/09, Jaehwan Kim <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: Jaehwan Kim <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: [MMUSIC] Non - Aggregation
To: "Mohammad Alam" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Monday, 6 July, 2009, 10:34 AM

 

Hi Alam, 

1/ no change in the sdp. 

2/ The decision is made by player. If player uses the same
session id in the second SETUP), server will think of it as aggregated control.
Therefore, player should not send session id even in the second SETUP. 

In fact, 2326 has some ambiguity for this, therefore, you can
read also 2326bis draft. 

Regards, 

Jaehwan 

From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mohammad Alam

Sent: Monday, July 06, 2009 1:38 PM

To: [email-masked]

Subject: [MMUSIC] Non - Aggregation 

 

    
    Hi 

    
    I am
    implementing RTSP server in my application. I want to support non -  

    aggregation in my
    server. There is non-aggregation example in sec 14.1 

    of RFC 2326.
    I want to implement the same. (eg. for 2 media. there  

    should be 2
    SETUP, 2 PLAY and 2 TEARDOWN with different session IDs) 

    1) I want to
    know what are the changes to be made in sdp. 

    2) How can I
    have different session IDs for different media.  

    alam 

 

See
the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz. 

      Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local http://in.local.yahoo.com/

---

From: "Jaehwan Kim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 16:30:44 +0900

Hi Alam,

Unfortunately, I have no idea, although I have implemented before.

Because the majority of RTSP usage looks aggregated control and
non-aggregated control seems increasing system complexity, I am also not
seeing it nowadays but some Motorola phone supported it in the past. 

In fact, understanding the meaning of 'session' was one of very
difficult things in only 2326 days!

Regarding the usage, we thought muting audio channel and a few rich
media applications: multiple video, audio and picture streaming(multiple
RTSP sessions) in one TCP 'connection'. 

Can we know what kind of application you think?

Regards,

Jaehwan

p.s. the example is updated.

From: Mohammad Alam [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2009 3:15 PM
To: [email-masked]; Jaehwan Kim
Subject: RE: [MMUSIC] Non - Aggregation

Hi Jaehwan

Can you name me one open source/freeware RTSP client that supports 

non - aggregation.

I think VLC and QTSS does not support non - aggregation.

Regards

Alam

Hi Alam,

1/ no change in the sdp.

2/ The decision is made by player. If player uses the same session id in
the second SETUP), server will think of it as aggregated control.
Therefore, player should not send session id even in the second SETUP.

In fact, 2326 has some ambiguity for this, therefore, you can read also
2326bis draft.

Regards,

Jaehwan

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Mohammad Alam
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2009 1:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [MMUSIC] Non - Aggregation

Hi

I am implementing RTSP server in my application. I want to support non -

aggregation in my server. There is non-aggregation example in sec 14.1

of RFC 2326. I want to implement the same. (eg. for 2 media. there 

should be 2 SETUP, 2 PLAY and 2 TEARDOWN with different session IDs)

1) I want to know what are the changes to be made in sdp.

2) How can I have different session IDs for different media. 

alam

________________________________

See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out 
Yahoo! Buzz
<http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_buzz_1/*http:/in.buzz.yahoo.com/> .

________________________________

Yahoo! recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer Internet
Explorer 8
<http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_ie8_1/*http:/downloads.yahoo.com/in/inte
rnetexplorer/> .