Subject: [MMUSIC] Stereoscopic 3D format negotiation

From: Bert Greevenbosch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 10:37:51 +0800

Hello all,

As announced earlier, I have uploaded a draft that extends SDP for streaming
stereoscopic 3D video (hereafter shortly referred to as "3D video").

For 3D video, two views need to be submitted, which are projected to the
left and right eyes respectively. The L- and R-views can be transmitted
separately or synthesised from a 2D view and auxiliary data. Also, they can
be frame packed in a single video stream, where each video frame contains an
arrangement of the left and right views.

For these different transmission technologies, signalling is needed. This is
what my draft proposes. It is available under the following link:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-greevenbosch-mmusic-signal-3d-format/

Also, there might be clients that support only some of the 3D formats. Then
I think it might make sense to negotiate the format between the server and
the client. I think this can be done using the SDP offer/answer model, as
that allows the client to pick from several attributes.

This I didn't write down in the draft yet; I wanted like to ask for opinions
on it first. What do the SDP offer/answer experts think of this?

Any other comments and proposals for improvement of the draft are welcome
too!

Best regards,

Bert

---

Bert Greevenbosch M.Sc.

Senior Research and Standardisation Engineer

email: [email-masked]

telephone: +86-755-28978088

HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO.,LTD.

Building F1 / Floor 8

Huawei Industrial Base

Bantian Longgang

Shenzhen  518129

P.R. China

****************************************************************************
***

This email and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI,
which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed
above. Any use of the information contained here in any way (including, but
not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination)
by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you
receive this email in error, please notify the sender by phone or email
immediately and delete it!

****************************************************************************
**