Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-nat-evaluation-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 06:00:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The Evaluation of Different Network Addres Translator (NAT) Traversal Techniques for Media Controlled by Real-time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)
	Author(s)       : M. Westerlund, T. Zeng
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-nat-evaluation-03.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2011-03-14

This document describes several Network Address Translator (NAT)
traversal techniques that was considered to be used by Real-time
Streaming Protocol (RTSP).  Each technique includes a description on
how it would be used, the security implications of using it and any
other deployment considerations it has.  There are also disussions on
how NAT traversal techniques relates to firewalls and how each
technique can be applied in different use cases.  These findings
where used when selecting the NAT traversal for RTSP 2.0 standardized
in the MMUSIC WG.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-nat-evaluation-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 14:10:25 +0100

Hi,

This update is of editorial nature. In a read through I found some text
that needed correction, or fixing editorial issues like usage of
references and ensuring that they are current.

Diff:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-nat-evaluation-03

I think it is in descent enough shape that it can go to WG last call. It
is after all only an informational document looking at aspects of NAT
traversal mechanisms.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------