Subject: [MMUSIC] OS RTSP-2.0 implementation

From: Riccardo Bernardini <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 14:32:45 +0200

Dear all,
I have a question that, although not strictly protocol-related, could  
nevertheless interest you.
Here at my University a group of students asked my advice for some  
project in networking/multimedia that could be both interesting and  
useful.  After some discussion, we decided to start an OS project  
having as an objective the implementation of a  RTSP-2.0 server.

We would start from a nicely written OS HTTP server (the AWS, Ada Web  
Server, http://libre.adacore.com/tools/aws/ if you are curious) and  
modify it to make it understand RTSP-2.0 (and maybe 1.0 too).  Maybe  
it will not be trivial, but we are geek enough and we do not care ;-)

I think that this project could be of some interest for this community  
too, so I wanted to check with you if you have  
suggestions/remarks/praises/whatever (just do not shoot us too hard!  
:-).  If I feel that there is an interest and the project starts  
nicely, I can keep you informed.

Best regards,
Riccardo Bernardini

-- 
Riccardo Bernardini
DIEGM -- University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208
33100 Udine
Tel: +39-0432-55-8271
Fax: +39-0432-55-8251

----------------------------------------------------------------------
SEMEL (SErvizio di Messaging ELettronico) - AINF, Universita' di Udine