Subject: [MMUSIC] draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-03

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 17:01:28 -0400

Christer,

Here are some points I encountered while reviewing this version in prep 
for the meeting:

I trust that the requirement for identical c= values may be met by 
putting one c= at session level. Might be good to say that somewhere. It 
ought to be obvious, but some people make strange assumptions when 
things aren't explicit.

Open Issue #1: AFAIK grouping semantics requires the answer to include 
the same, or a subset, of the mids in the offer. So I think the only 
question here is whether it can be a subset. IMO the answer to that is 
YES, it can be a subset. Some may be dropped due to having been refused 
(port zero), and others just because there is a desire to have those 
particular ones unbundled.

Open Issue #2: I don't understand the issue. Why is this any different? 
Just follow the rules for establishing a new bundle.

Open Issue #3: Why not? Of course will need to supply a unique addr/port 
for each m-line, but that is nothing special. I also see no reason why 
you can't retain the bundle while assigning unique addr/port to each 
m-line, thus restarting the bundle negotiation. While I don't know why 
you might want to do that I see no reason to forbid it. (One reason to 
do that might be a 3pcc transfer.)

Section 6.3 should mention the possibility of accepting the bundle but 
omitting some of the m-lines from it.

	Thanks,
	Paul

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 21:43:37 +0000

Hi Paul,

I will look at your e-mail later, but I just want to make sure it is based on version -04, as the subject refers to -03 :)

Regards,

Christer

Sent from Windows using TouchDown (www.nitrodesk.com)

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Kyzivat [[email-masked]]
To: IETF MMUSIC WG [[email-masked]]; Christer Holmberg [[email-masked]]
Subject: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-03
Christer,

        Thanks,
        Paul

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 17:48:34 -0400

On 7/24/13 5:43 PM, Christer Holmberg wrote:
> Hi Paul,
> I will look at your e-mail later, but I just want to make sure it is
> based on version -04, as the subject refers to -03 :)

Sorry. Yes, I reviewed -04 and just gave the wrong number.
I was looking at a diff, and probably copied the number from the wrong pane.

	Sorry,
	Paul

> Regards,
> Christer
>
>
> Sent from */Windows/* using *TouchDown* (www.nitrodesk.com)
>
> *From:* Paul Kyzivat [[email-masked]]
> *To:* IETF MMUSIC WG [[email-masked]]; Christer Holmberg
> [[email-masked]]
> *Subject:* draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-03
> Christer,
>