Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-duplication-grouping-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 07:01:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Duplication Grouping Semantics in the Session Description Protocol
	Author(s)       : Ali Begen
                          Yiqun Cai
                          Heidi Ou
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-duplication-grouping-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-07-11

Abstract:
   Packet loss is undesirable for real-time multimedia sessions, but can
   occur due to congestion, or other unplanned network outages.  This is
   especially true for IP multicast networks, where packet loss patterns
   can vary greatly between receivers.  One technique that can be used
   to recover from packet loss without incurring unbounded delay for all
   the receivers is to duplicate the packets and send them in separate
   redundant streams.  This document defines the semantics for grouping
   redundant streams in the Session Description Protocol (SDP).  The
   semantics defined in this document are to be used with the SDP
   Grouping Framework.  SSRC-level (Synchronization Source) grouping
   semantics are also defined in this document for RTP streams using
   SSRC multiplexing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-duplication-grouping

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-duplication-grouping-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-duplication-grouping-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/