Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 13:32:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : A Framework for SDP Attributes when Multiplexing
        Author          : Suhas Nandakumar
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes-04.txt
	Pages           : 88
	Date            : 2014-10-27

Abstract:
   The Session Description Protocol (SDP) provides mechanisms to
   describe attributes of multimedia sessions and of individual media
   streams (e.g., Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) sessions) within a
   multimedia session.  In the RTCWeb WG, there is a need to use a
   single 5-tuple for sending and receiving media associated with
   multiple media descriptions ("m=" lines).  Such a requirement has
   raised concerns over the semantic implications of the SDP attributes
   associated with the RTP Media Streams multiplexed over a single
   underlying transport layer flow.

   The scope of this specification is to provide a framework for
   analyzing the multiplexing characteristics of SDP attributes.  This
   specification also categorizes the existing SDP attributes based on
   the framework described herein.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-mux-attributes-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Suhas Nandakumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 15:54:02 -0700

Hello All

Here is the snapshot of major changes that went into the (03 and -04)
versions

   - Section 15: IANA Section for registering MUX Categories and updating
SDP attributes with their Mux category

   - Following sections were added to analyze newly registered SDP
attributes:
       + Section 5.18 - RFC7197 (Duplication Delay Attribute in SDP)
       + Section 5.19 - RFC7226 ( RTCP XR Blocks for MOS Metric Reporting)
       + Section 5.42 - RFC7195 (SDP Extension for Circuit Switched Bearers
in PSTN)
       + Section 5.43 - RFC7272 (IDMS Using the RTCP)

   - Section 14: Encapsulating attributes under multiplexing has been
updated with inputs from Flemming

   - Overall cleanups to get ready for the WG Last Call

 Please let me know your thoughts

Thanks
Suhas

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 1:32 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> mmusic mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic
>